Autódromo da Madeira fantasy track v1.0 [RELEASED, link on page 4]

Posted by paranoik0 
Re: WIP Autódromo da Madeira fantasy track
Date: January 23, 2008 12:48PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It's easy creating 3D tyrewalls with the fence builder option of GP4 Builder. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 23, 2008 01:14PM
Posted by: paranoik0
Yeah I used fence builder. Basically it's an object with "3 sides", one of the sides is the rails which are given tyrewall textures, the others are created with fence builder.

I didn't know it was that easy to change track slots, i'll rename everything to Hockenheim then. Suppose I have to change the name of the .dat as well?
Date: January 23, 2008 01:30PM
Posted by: Ruboy
To rename a track you have to do following steps:

Unpack the (in this case) a1ring2001.wad. Then rename the following files from 'a1ring2001' to for example 'sepang2001' inside the wad (in your case it's hungaroring2001 if I rememeber correctly):
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.cfp
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.col
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.env
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.gp4
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.hze
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001.vcl
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001_pitlane.bin
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001_pitverge.bin
maps\a1ring2001\a1ring2001_track.bin
samples\crowddata\a1ring2001.crd
samples\reverbdata\reverb_a1ring2001.bin

rename the 'a1ring2001' folder to 'sepang2001', too.

Rename the .dat file by paying attention that the number matches the track (f.e.: Melbourne - s1ct01.dat, sepang - s1ct02.dat,.... Suzuka - s1ct17.dat.)

Date: January 23, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: drt01
thanks for your suggestions

bye
Date: January 27, 2008 07:01AM
A bit unrelated... but something I did today:

Date: January 28, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That looks spot on Cláudio, nice.

Are you planning also the pre '94 layout?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 30, 2008 12:19AM
I'm going to start with the modern layout and then we'll see. It's just because I can get the modern layout relatively accurate thanks to the google maps pics.

But yeah, I know the older layout is much more interesting and would fit the 80s/90s mods that are out there.
Date: January 30, 2008 12:00PM
Posted by: RRoobbiinn
I hope you can finish the other track, Autodromo de Madeira, first..
Date: January 30, 2008 02:26PM
RRoobbiinn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope you can finish the other track, Autodromo
> de Madeira, first..

me, too :) I also think you should finish Madeira first...you've already done a lot of work and it looks quite good now. Only some more objects have to be added but otherwise it's very good.

Date: February 02, 2008 06:16PM
I haven't done anything with Madeira in the last week or so, but getting that one finished is the main priority, of course.
Date: February 03, 2008 12:24AM
I updated a bunch of stuff (renamed the files to Hockenheim, changed the material of all rails and fences objects) but now the track crashes... only when using TSM. This is seriously boggling my mind - whenever I try to run it through original GP4 with GP4Patch it works fine, but if I do it through TSM it crashes just as i click the "Drive" button.

I did something quite "risky" which was to import more track cameras (the 18 from Hockenheim) than the original ones (the 12 from Hungaroring) because GP4Builder wouldn't let me add cameras manually. However, after I did that, I ran it through TSM and worked fine. It only started to crash after I did all the changes in the materials - but if I use the previous files again (after I had just imported the cameras), it crashes now!

Honestly, what the hell?

*edit* I discovered something interesting. The .dat file works fine before using TSM, but after TSM messes with it, if I open it with GP4Builder, GP4Builder crashes. My guess is that importing the extra track cameras made it incompatible with something TSM does when loading a track.

*edit 2 * After changing the magic data to the default Hockenheim magic data, the track still crashes but now loads in GP4Builder with a completely messed up first pitlane sector.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2008 12:42AM by paranoik0.
Date: February 16, 2008 09:39PM
Found out wat it is already?
Date: February 17, 2008 12:18AM
No, I never managed to get it working with more than the original 12 track cams.
Date: February 17, 2008 01:38AM
It's not possible to use more than the default amount of cameras. If you build a long track you should use a long track whith many cameras as base. 12 is not much.

Date: February 17, 2008 11:56AM
And does the track still crash?
Date: February 17, 2008 02:32PM
No, I reverted to a previous version and it works fine.
Date: March 18, 2008 08:19PM
How is the progress?
Date: March 18, 2008 11:56PM
Sorry, I pretty much done nothing during this last month. Been busy with the graduation project which is turning out a lot more complex than I thought, and I've been simply lazy to re-install GP4 since the last installation went insane on my laptop.

I'm thinking of releasing an half-assed version only with the pitbuilding and mainstand, with the rest of the missing details as it is, but I don't know when.
Date: March 23, 2008 02:31AM
Posted by: doracio
Good track, like, I get bad play on it.

Done:
Force India (Presentation)
Force India New
Super Aguri
Stock Car Light (R. Sperafico)

Projects in Progress:
Donington Park 93
Helping MOD in 1996

Near Projects:
Autodromo Internacional de Curitiba
MOD Nascar Truck Series
MOD Nascar
MOD 1992 F1
MOD 1990 F1
Autodromo de Campo Grande
Autodromo de Londrina
Date: March 30, 2008 10:05PM
Today I decided to take some time to figure out how to import stuff from TOCA Race Driver 3 and adapt it into my track. So I got new tarmac and tree textures from there, also adapted some object for the start-finish line gate. Very important as well - the pitbuilding is now in-game. With the start-finish lane gate, the pitbuilding and some stands (once again thanks a lot to b-tone and MarioB for letting me use these nice buildings), the main straight area is looking a lot better, even if I still plan to do some changes - for example, since the new GP4Builder is coming out sooner or later, I'm waiting for the feature of moving an entire .gp4 scene to place some other stands.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy