GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: April 27, 2015 02:42AM
Posted by: Prblanco
From the picture, it can be seen that the right-side bankings are "angled" compared to the pitlane, that may be the cause of the problem.

Also, check if pitlane sector zero is in the same direction as the closest track sector (the one that has Connect Pit Lane Start flag).

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: April 27, 2015 03:21AM
Posted by: maxi82
problem solved .... the problem was the orientation of the bankings !! thank you for your help

:D

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 03:22AM by maxi82.
Date: April 27, 2015 07:36PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Really ? banks have to be perpendicular to the road for garage sectors ?

Date: April 27, 2015 08:26PM
it seems .... I just made the correcion on the part of the pits and it worked perfectly

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 11, 2015 08:44PM
a question, anyone know what the biggest mb weight that can withstand the gp4 shape of a track?

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 24, 2015 07:53PM
Posted by: tumyeto
Hello,
how to use jip mapping? I read that it was a circuit directed by Riccardo lampert but if this is not the case how?
Thanks !!
Date: June 03, 2015 07:19PM
a Question = the possibility of creating objects that reflect the environment? for example because the water reflects the sky

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 03, 2015 07:28PM
@Maxi82 : I have made several attempts to get a reflective texture lately but to no avail so far...

Date: June 03, 2015 07:38PM
to continue working with textures! Thanks for the prompt response Lo2K :)

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 06, 2015 07:27PM
Posted by: auscain
@L02k, maxi82 : What if it were possible to create and or enable a possible existing but not used montreal2001_wall.bin File.
The pitverge (montreal2001_pitverge) doesn't use rain or reflections either. Maybe it was thought of and not used because of loads in the beginning.
env will reflect on the car body which is quite a nice feature. This (montreal2001.env) file tells where to use the .tga eg. envgstandright.tga. I wonder if we could get it to reflect on the wall as well as of the car body?
Date: June 06, 2015 08:44PM
@Auscain : That's the idea, but so far, only cars receive denv maps despite my attempts.

Date: June 07, 2015 05:46PM
So the environment is reflected on the car mesh through the transparent skin? Or off the shiny skin;)
Date: June 07, 2015 06:42PM
For cars, texture alpha layer is used for reflexion, not for transparency (but brake disks and plank).
So you can't have a (semi)transparent AND reflective surface in game.

Date: June 15, 2015 10:53PM
Posted by: gezere
Pictures are better than a long explanation....

Part of the pitstand's main frame is not displayed in Game. I already tried to play with DXT1/DXT5 Transparency/no transparency of the différents textures but did find yet how to fix it...
I remember that 1 x DXT5 texture with transparency which cross another DXT5 texture could cause this kind of problem but here, it's not the case....

Currently:
The texture where is the Bull need transparency (part of it, is a glass) and I set the textures as DXT5 Full transparency.
All the others textures of the PitStand (including the main frame) are set DXT1 No transparency...

if you have an idea/tip it will be more than welcome..... Thanks by advance ;-)

BUILDER

IN GAME

BUILDER

IN GAME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2015 11:14PM by gezere.
Date: June 16, 2015 01:54AM
I've had similar problems. I assume that the glass texture has a frame? In which case you might want to try A8B8G8B8 Semitransparent and move it into a different scene from the rest.
Date: June 16, 2015 08:48AM
Posted by: xandy
Have you checked the creation/direction of the offending faces or tried to use "two-sided" for the parts?

Fully transparent textures (FTT) mess up the z-order calculation of the GP4 engine. Afaik the visible ingame effects of this bug can only be "minimized" but not avoided. Every object with FTT (or any part of the object with FTT) may pop up in front of any object with FTT (or any part of the object with FTT) if the objects are in line-of-sight. It may even be true that parts of one object may pop-up in front of other parts of the same object if the object has one part with FTT. The "popping-up" object may be a far away building with only one small part with FTT (let's say a rail) or even the horizon.

Ok - remedy? "Do not mix parts with FTT with non-FTT in one object" - about this one I'm quite sure. So move all FTT parts to separate objects - with this you can avoid the complete object popping up. The moving of these objects to different scenes may help too - can be snake-oil though for all I know.

Btw: the bug could be used to get some kind of (moving) reflection on glass surfaces. Let's say the glass front of a pit building has FTT textures. Put a second object with FTT behind it (in line of sight (cockpit view of a car driving by)), and paint it with a reflected track etc. Hard to get it right - but should work.
Date: June 16, 2015 03:24PM
Thanks guys for the tips. Will try them tonight with the priority to create a new object with the part linked at the FTTexture

Date: June 16, 2015 08:00PM
Yep, each glass (each glass in the same plane or each individual glass if needed) must be in a separate object, and you have to check center (marked as a 3 colored axis in GP4 Builder) is correctly aligned with each glass center. (If it's not after face detach and you recomputed coords with the dedicated button, save the track, reload it and recompute coords again).
Do the same for the vertical faces that have the seat poles texture.
It might work a little better yet :)

Date: June 16, 2015 10:30PM
Thank you very much Xandy and Laurent. You are stars.(Y) It's now much better ;)

Date: June 17, 2015 02:28AM
Posted by: cleberpister
Very nice track...(Y)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy