Eddie Irvine facing London Arrest

Posted by danny87 
Eddie Irvine facing London Arrest
Date: January 21, 2006 07:57PM
Posted by: danny87
An arrest warrant for ex-Formula One star Eddie Irvine is still outstanding, it emerged today.

The warrant was issued after the former Ulster race ace failed to appear at a London Magistrates' Court to face driving charges in 2003 and is still active.

The 40-year-old multimillionaire, who was fined and given penalty points for driving offences in an Ulster court yesterday, was caught speeding on a motor scooter in Hyde Park. He also faced charges of driving it without a licence and insurance.

A magistrate found him guilty in his absence but issued an arrest warrant for the Conlig star and ordered his arrest on sight after he failed to appear in court to be sentenced.

A spokeswoman for Bow Street Magistrates' Court told the Belfast Telegraph: "The warrant remains outstanding and will until he either surrenders or is arrested."

Following the issue of the warrant, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said that while it would be acted upon should Irvine return to England, he was not actively being sought, given that he faced only a minor motoring offence.

It is believed the warrant is marked for "unconditional bail" so if Irvine was arrested, he would immediately be given bail, rather than be kept in custody.

Yesterday, the Belfast Telegraph revealed the former race ace was fined £700 and given eight penalty points at Banbridge Magistrate's Court for driving offences including speeding and driving without insurance. The court heard he was detected driving his BMW M3 at 75mph in a 60mph zone on the A1 carriageway, Banbridge. It also transpired his insurance had expired five days before he was stopped.

Irvine did not appear in person but his solicitor Pat Kelly, from McConnell, Kelly and Co, told the court: "It was a genuine oversight. His managers normally look after his interests but he is not abdicating his responsibilities."

Magistrate Eamon King endorsed eight penalty points on his licence and fined him £500 for driving without insurance. He was also fined £150 for speeding.
Re: Eddie Irvine facing London Arrest
Date: January 21, 2006 11:12PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I laugh at how he is referred to as star and ace ;).

Oh, yeah, lock him away for a long time please
Date: January 22, 2006 12:51PM
Posted by: The Lopper
This has been around for ages and pops up again every few months. Its a bit silly really :)
Date: January 22, 2006 02:57PM
Posted by: marcl
no he is stupid and not setting a good example at all.

it people like him that makes people like me have to pay higher insurance
Date: January 22, 2006 03:48PM
Posted by: Muks_C
why doesn't he just pay anything he owes? he can easily afford it, and it would get the police/courts off his back.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 22, 2006 05:12PM
Posted by: marcl
cause he is a twat
Date: January 22, 2006 05:19PM
Posted by: tripleM
i wonder what does his solicitor get paid for

Date: January 23, 2006 12:09AM
Posted by: Haguey
Eddie Irvine is so cool.
Date: January 23, 2006 04:31AM
Posted by: zymolguy
Can they lock up Jacques while they are at it??
Date: January 23, 2006 06:12AM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: Guimengo (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2006 11:12PM

I laugh at how he is referred to as star and ace .

DUDE. YOU COMPARED YOURSELF TO SENNA IN YOUR SIGNATURE AND YOU LAUGH AT IRVINE BEING CALLED A STAR!?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 23, 2006 08:40AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Date: January 23, 2006 09:02AM
Things got cleared out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2006 01:00AM by Guimengo.
Date: January 23, 2006 02:22PM
Posted by: montana_uk
He seems to dislike everyone...
Date: January 23, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
No gui, i dont, i just think its pretty hillarious you laughing at irvine being called a star when you compared yourself to senna.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 23, 2006 07:44PM
Fair enough Dave, but remember there was a point in time I'd be leaving up stuff that happened over the years, and some guy said something about me karting when I was a little kid, what followed in that post is just me wishing I had had (on purpose) support from family or someone to try and get into go-karts because maybe I'd become good and then one day be in F1, a common dream to be honest
Date: January 24, 2006 12:37AM
Posted by: Zcott
Good job, Eddie Irvine! Doing 75mph on that Banbridge road is a really good idea!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy