Your dream F1 car?

Posted by flat tyre 
Your dream F1 car?
Date: June 30, 2011 05:40PM
Posted by: flat tyre
If you could make an F1 car using parts seen on other cars, what would you choose? It can be anything you want - a high performance car, one that would be fun to drive, or simply a car that looks good. Try to use the following categories, but feel free to include other features if you want, such as gears, suspension, wings, diffusors, etc.

CHASSIS
LIVERY
ENGINE
TYRES

My car - not necessarily the quickest car you could choose, but I want a car that's thrilling to drive...

CHASSIS: Ligier JS31 [www.formula1team.eu]
LIVERY: Pirelli test car [www.f1fanatic.co.uk]
ENGINE: Ferrari V12

TYRES: Bridgestone 2010 (with Bridgestone logo in yellow, of course!)
GEARS: H-pad gearbox and clutch pedal
SUSPENSION: Anything rock-hard, I prefer bumpy rides in race cars (as odd as that sounds)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Re: Your dream F1 car?
Date: July 08, 2011 11:31PM
Posted by: casssp
Williams FW16, but with H-16 engine a lot updated!! :-)
Also, Manual shift, like old F1

CHASSIS: Williams Fw16
ENGINE: H-16 a lot updated!!
TURBO: Yes
TYRES: Same of 1994 season
GEARS: 6 Manual shift with clutch, like old F1
SUSPENSION: Active and updated
BRAKES: Default
DRIVER1: Ayrton Senna
DRIVER2: Michael Schumacher
TEST DRIVER: Mika Hakkinen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 12:04AM by casssp.
Date: July 09, 2011 12:40AM
Posted by: Slash
CHASSIS: TEAM KOOL GREEN's 1999 REYNARD if it has to be just F1 Chassis, then FERRARI F 2005
ENGINE: Ferrari Type 053 2,997cc V10 naturally aspirated Mid-engine rear wheel drive (or just 2004 Engine)
GEARS: 7 Speed Manual Transmision (todays, i can live with that)
TYRES: MICHELINS 2004 F1 TYRES
SUSPENSION: Inboard torsion bar/damper system operated by pushrod and bell crank with a double wishbone arrangement (or Mclarens 2005)
BRAKES: FW26 Brakes System, "the one used in Canadian GP"..
STEERING WHEEL: my all time favourite Wheel, Ralf Schumacher's FW25 Steering Wheel (was different to Juan's)
Date: July 09, 2011 12:50AM
Posted by: SexySam182
I'd have a Lotus 101, huge rear wing, huge front wing, huge endplates, just beasty. Keep the livery too.

I'd give it the huge Pirelli tyres from back in the early 90's, but I'd have them with the red super-soft Pirelli writing.

And have the highest revving 3.5L Ferrari V12, so presumably from 1994. []

Date: July 09, 2011 08:14AM
Posted by: gav
CHASSIS: Lotus 49 (1967 - pre wings and sponsorship). Ferrari The 1994 412T if you want something a bit more modern.
LIVERY: McLaren 1997 test livery or the 1998 'Buzzin Hornets' livery.
ENGINE: BRM H16 or Ferrari Tipo 043 from 1994.
TYRES: Some nice fat Goodyears from the 70s. Smoke, thick black lines and all.
GEARS: I don't care how many, just make sure a driver has to move a big lever, not just flick a paddle (though if I were to miraculously enter F1, I'd regret saying that).

Looking that lot over, I'm not sure if I could come up with a less reliable/more dangerous combination. ;)
Date: July 09, 2011 11:00AM
Posted by: msater
1988 Mclaren MP4/4 with the 1997 McLaren livery (MP4/12, I believe) :) IMO the best car that's been produced for quite a while, in terms of how it blew away everything else, and my favourite livery, McLaren's first take on the West Mclaren Mercedes livery :)

On, and engine sound: Ferrari Flat 12 from the 70s. I listened to one of these at Goodwood last week. WOW.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy