GT 5

Posted by kaid 
Re: GT 5
Date: May 17, 2005 11:49PM
Posted by: Karan19
yeah id say theyre very very rough WIP's. quite nice to see all those cars though :) hope they dont focus mainly on asian cars this time though.
Date: May 17, 2005 11:52PM
Posted by: chet
yeah i would love to see some european racing cars in there. even tho there was in 4 there wasnt too many... and europe has the best racing cars... DTM!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 18, 2005 12:23AM
Posted by: Imran
I heard the creator saying that External Damage was going to make an appearance in GT5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 18, 2005 12:55AM
Posted by: markko
Didnt they say that about GT4 though...?
Date: May 18, 2005 01:53AM
several rumours did yes but i dont think the creator himself ever mentioned it. but if he's saying it about gt5 then theres some hope!
Date: May 18, 2005 09:08AM
Posted by: chet
so its gonna be gt4 with loadsa pitmen and damage ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 18, 2005 09:23AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I just can't be weak and buy GT again, even though I had an idea in the back of my mind I wouldn't like GT4, I gave it a chance and bought it!
Eye-candy doesn't do it for me
Date: May 18, 2005 10:17AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think it'll just be gt4 for the ps3 for the moment.

There's nothing wrong with releasing it again on a new platform - with saved games being compatable etc. There's no net play so you dont have t worry about games compatability.

All it would take is texture reworking, system optimisations and wham, a great game in a year or so - but call it GT4, not gt5.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 18, 2005 01:21PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

im HOPING like all hell they update the physics and AI. thats all it needs for me. well they seem to have done the more than 6 cars...

Date: May 18, 2005 03:58PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Higher texture quality wouldnt go a miss either Neil, up close you can really see the pixelation of the cars.

Date: May 18, 2005 04:15PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Higher texture quality wouldnt go a miss either
> Neil, up close you can really see the pixelation
> of the cars.

specialy in GT2 :P

cough..

anyway yeah i agree there, the whole game pretty much needs work, except for the GFX in general. if they do a Gt4 again i think it will flop.

Date: May 18, 2005 04:17PM
I think they'll take their time in releasing it. the game play really needs an overhaul. and with adding more than 6 cars it seems like theyre on the right direction. polyphony has never rushed a game out and i dont think theyre about to start now. so i hope they take a good year or 2 more, make as much use of the ps3 as they can and really come up with something revolutionary. with gt4 only being released some 4 months ago theres no real need for them to release gt5 in 2006
Date: May 18, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: Covfan
Aren't we awaiting a GT4 Online version for the PS2/PS3 as well. I wonder if this is what this is going to turn into.
Date: May 18, 2005 08:11PM
Posted by: Guimengo
they could always release it as GT4 Next Generation, selling for 19,99 or 29,99, with the improvements and net capability
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy