Formula PS3 preview. (Pictures and Video)

Posted by bones1834 
Re: Formula PS3 preview. (Pictures and Video)
Date: May 17, 2005 05:24PM
Posted by: Karan19
yeah because ISI is just as big a company as Sony right *rolls eyes* and no i think ur missing the point if you really believe the gt series is about 'racing' the ai.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:25PM
Posted by: six degrees
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Karen19, your missing the point.
>
> and besides, Ralph Hummerich was hired by EA
> Sports to do some work for their F1 series.
>

Yeah, if by "some" work you mean together with Ivo recreate four seasons of f1 then yes :p

Date: May 17, 2005 05:27PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
after watching the video ive gotta say it looks just like all the other formula 1 ps games,the handling of the cars looks so unrealistic,the cars are just moving around as if theres no weight in them at all.dont think i,ll be bothered with it but still early days yet.,.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:27PM
pretty much the bulk of the work for f1c if you notice. although the quality of those 4 seasons isnt half as good as how good Rh2003 and Rh2004 were. but the thing is ISI is a very small team of people. nothing compared to the number of people im sure sony has working on this f1 game.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:28PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Karen, itll be out soon. This is Sony, they wouldnt showing it off in all its glory if it wasnt in the forseable future. Itll be around xmas probably to compete with the xbox 360 release date.

...and i wouldnt be surprised if its going to be rushed.

Also RH didnt work just with ISI, it would also be under EAs supervision, which is just as big as Sony.

Date: May 17, 2005 05:31PM
its Karan not Karen..learn to read.

and what are u talking about? its not gonna be out by christmas. "in all its glory"? u said urself this is an intro video and not actual screenshots. the console itself doesnt come out till 2006. what the f would they release a game which no one can play??

and ea has nothing to do with f1c. theyre just a publisher. they do squat in building the game. maybe they just handled his contract and paychecks but thats bout it. rh did all the work with the isi team (which isnt very big). get your facts straight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 05:32PM by Karan19.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:31PM
Karan19 Wrote:
and no i think ur missing the
> point if you really believe the gt series is about
> 'racing' the ai.

sorry, but that's just a load of horseshit, racing the ai isn't the sole point of gtx, but because the ai's bollocks it ruins the game - because... wait... it's a RACING GAME
Date: May 17, 2005 05:33PM
it doesnt the ruin the game for me. i have plenty of fun collecting and trying out various cars in the game , on all the tracks WITHOUT the ai getting in my way and ruining it for me. not sure what version of gt4 you have but you dont HAVE to race the AI *rolls eyes*
Date: May 17, 2005 05:34PM
Karan19 Wrote:
> and ea has nothing to do with f1c. theyre just a
> publisher. they do squat in building the game.
> maybe they just handled his contract and paychecks
> but thats bout it. rh did all the work with the
> isi team (which isnt very big). get your facts
> straight.
>
>
*i gets confused*

well im sorry but that too is aload of "horseshit"

EA Sports is the maker of F1c in partnership with ISI. It to is also the publisher of the game but it also made the game with ISI.

ISI have gone solo now, and *shock* rfactor is immensly better than anything EA could come up with.

Date: May 17, 2005 05:36PM
ISI were the sole creators of F1c even back when they were working for EA. Go read the credits. EA is only the publisher...are you a member of HG forum? Ive been into EA's F1 games long before I started playing the GP series. So if you think thats a load of horse @#$%&, i guess you need to pause and actually start thinking for once.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:36PM
Posted by: FlyinFinn2
Cars are too high, helmets are totally crap, BAR nose is wrong, and love bridgestone in Renault. Bah, looks like all the F1 games for consoles.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:37PM
"never argue with a Ferrari Fan, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Date: May 17, 2005 05:38PM
believe whatcha want :) it doesnt bother me in the least that you have ur head too far up in the clouds...hows the weather up there?
Date: May 17, 2005 05:40PM
Posted by: FlyinFinn2
A Question: Can any console beat a AMD FX 55, 2gb 533mhz dual, and 2x GF 6800 ULTRA in SLI Mode or a Radeon X850XT Platinum? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Date: May 17, 2005 05:43PM
hmm probably not. But yes if today's games were optimized only for those specs. but pc game developers have to consider a wide range of specs which is why we'll probably never see a pc game which is built for state of the art pc's like that one :( on the other hand console game developers are free to optimize the game as much as they want within the given specs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 05:44PM by Karan19.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:53PM
Posted by: bones1834
Karan19 Wrote:
> believe whatcha want it doesnt bother me in the
> least that you have ur head too far up in the
> clouds...hows the weather up there?
>
>
>
>
> Scuderia Ferrari : Killing the competition
> all season long
> ABIT IC7-G, Pentium 4 3.2GHz, ATi 9600 Pro, OCZ
> 2x256MB Dual Channel DDR, Seagate Barracuda 120GB,
> Western Digital 80GB, Thermaltake 420W PSU,
> Logitech Momo Racing, Windows XP Home

Where did you buy that rig? Or did you build it? How much money?

Date: May 17, 2005 05:54PM
I built most of it myself why? its not that great compared to todays stuff.
Date: May 17, 2005 05:57PM
Karan19 Wrote:
> believe whatcha want it doesnt bother me in the
> least that you have ur head too far up in the
> clouds...hows the weather up there?
>

lmao you really are an arrogant little bastard aren't you?

Date: May 17, 2005 05:59PM
no im not, but not exactly about to sit here and take random insults. but hey like ur friend back there - not gonna get dragged down to the level of name-calling.ill leave that to you and ur friends on the playground.
Date: May 17, 2005 06:01PM
Not at all, I just explained the true facts, and then you entered, as the person above you said the "arrogant little bastard" routine.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy