Forza motorsport

Posted by RenaultFan 
Forza motorsport
Date: May 16, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
hey guys

has anybody got forza motorsport on the xbox yet. I got it today and it rocks definiteley worth taking time away from GP4 ( for a while at least ). the graphics are great and the feel is awesome

Jeremy
Re: Forza motorsport
Date: May 17, 2005 01:09AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
How does it compare to GT4? Anyone played both?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 17, 2005 01:18AM
Posted by: G_Crawford
yeah it's brilliant, you don't have to spend 5000 years tryin to save up for an upgrade to your shitbox second hand car like in GT. having said that, it's a bit too easy to start off with - my first car was an Audi TT! I like it better than the GT series though, for sure.
Date: May 17, 2005 01:29AM
Posted by: RenaultFan
i agree GT4 was a good game but forza blows it out of the water in my opinion
Date: May 17, 2005 03:27AM
Posted by: smorr
well,i played the demo of Forza.

Dissappointed.

I thought about getting aXBoxfor this,but i absolutley hated it.

Plus:
Cars are more realistic
Brake Lock

Bad:
Graphics(they look funny and round to me)
Demo thing-1998Toyota GTone livery on what was called 1999Toyota Gtone
I drove the R8,no ABS,
Brake Lock

The brakes always locked up,no matter what! I didnt even touch the brakes and i think they locked up!

Well,i think i will keep GT4!

Plus GT4has got some killer music!

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: May 17, 2005 04:00AM
Posted by: Guimengo
If anyone offers me 51 dollars, I sell my GT4 right away. It is as good as new, I always keep my games at perfect condition.

Unfortunately, GT4 itself drove me away from it :(
Date: May 17, 2005 08:54AM
Posted by: marcl
so is it worth getting cause it means me getting a new dvd drive for my xbox
Date: May 17, 2005 08:54AM
Posted by: Covfan
The demo of Forza is so far away from the finished article it's untrue. Forza is mind blowingly brilliant.
Date: May 17, 2005 03:40PM
Posted by: matthewp
I havent played it yet, exam schedule is very heavy atm so i'm getting it on friday when it eases up a bit :)
Like covfan says I wouldnt base any assumptions on the demo as its so old, think it was out over a year ago.

Date: May 17, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: Karan19
driving model of the game looks really good :) but whats with the cartoonish looking cars and tracks? gt4 comes out on top when it comes to car modelling and lighting.
Date: May 19, 2005 06:20AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
The tracks are better in GT4. In forza the tracks are totally smooth and there are only about 20 tracks.

But the physics are about a billion times better than GT4. The game is alot of fun. The forza demo is NOTHING like the real thing.

@Smorr
You have to upgrade your brakes so you can tweak them in the setup menu. There you can turn the force down so you have a longer brake pedal. It takes some practice to not lock with default brakes.
Date: May 20, 2005 06:34PM
Posted by: matthewp
got it today, is really good fun just spent ages hotlaping laguna seca. Pretty impressed with the driving model its got lots of setup options and you can really feel the difference when you make changes. I just set this old rear wheel drive toyota up for maximum oversteer and spend loads of laps drifting, great stuff. I would really like to try it with a wheel as you cant really get a good enough feel for the physics with a pad.

Date: May 20, 2005 11:00PM
have you tried a lap at the ring? also is it true that the track surface at the ring has no bumps whatsoever?
Date: May 20, 2005 11:05PM
The Surface does have bumps, but it's still till bloody wide.
Date: May 20, 2005 11:08PM
some guy on RSC posted a review of Forza saying that the Ring surface was smooth as butter although used real track widths unlike GT4 which used 2x track widths.
Date: May 20, 2005 11:10PM
Still seems too wide, compared to the 911 video of a lap. May be because of the camera angle though. Those Kerbs are still the devil in stripped form.
Date: May 21, 2005 12:15AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
i cant believe gt4 track is 2x the real one, its deadly narrow in places, can't get 2 cars alongside.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 21, 2005 12:40AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
the GT4 track is more accurate than the forza track.
Date: May 21, 2005 03:13PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
yea i agree chris, I'm sure it could be narrower in RL but i can't believe it's twice as narrow all the way around.
Date: May 21, 2005 09:57PM
Posted by: mad otter
Forza is 10 million times better and its brilliant online!! If your on xbox live, add me to your friends and ill race ya ;) tag: madotter

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy