NASCAR:Chase for the Cup 2006

Posted by Covfan 
Re: NASCAR:Chase for the Cup 2006
Date: April 24, 2005 01:16AM
Posted by: gav
Lower formula doesn't mean learner... <_<

People who race in the Busch as well as the Nextel are learner drivers too, eh?

I ride a 125cc bike, does that mean I'm learning to ride so I can ride a bigger bike safely? Bollocks does it. I ride it cos I prefer it and it's more fun than having power you'll never use. It's the same with motorsport - you drive what you feel happiest driving, not necessarily to progress to 'the next level'.
Date: April 24, 2005 01:21AM
Posted by: smorr
yes, true, but

Most guys do want to get to cup, they have to start elsewhere, learning the tricks of the trade.

Why do you think more Cup drivers go do some truck races? they do them for fun.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: April 24, 2005 02:04AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Most drivers "learn" how to drive on dirt tracks. By the time they are in busch and Trucks they have "learnt" all they will have learnt.

Cup drivers do truck and Busch races because it gives them infortmation about the track before the Nextel event. there was around 10 drivers in the Phoenix Busch race on Friday night who were saying they found alot of stuff they can use on the Cup cars on the Nextel race tonight. Harvick credited his Bristol win to the fact he done so much work during the Busch race for it.

"learner" series is as far from the truth as you can get

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2005 02:06AM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 24, 2005 08:11PM
Posted by: smorr
well, if they learned something in the busch series they are learning something correct?

and BTW, busch and cup and trucks and Cup are becoming quite differnt if youve noticed.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: May 31, 2005 11:14AM
Posted by: Covfan
Time for people to squirm more:

[www.worthdownloading.com]

EDIT// Just watched that video, I can't really pick the bones out of it because I'm not a Nascar fan at all, but all of that seems really contrived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2005 11:21AM by Covfan.
Date: May 31, 2005 12:21PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

ffs took me to 10 different webpages before i got a download :|

:|

okay...

first of all, how is that a "feature" all he is doing is bump drafting, you can do that in any Nascar game, just not safetly... NR2003 is full of drafting like that in the first place, you work with someone, hell at a league race i started BEHIND ellis on the outside, and got on his bumper and pushed him through to the lead and myself in second, and we stayed there.

Date: May 31, 2005 02:06PM
Posted by: gav
WHen you bump, you generally don't do it with a closing speed of about 10mph... that would have one of them around in a flash in a sim... and probably upside down in real life :P
Date: May 31, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: Glyn
I also don't think racing tracks have speed humps in them too. Did you see how much the car moves going over some of the bumps :-o

Date: June 01, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey

You would have thought they wouldnt let something like a disappearing car get into the trailer would you :)

Date: June 02, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Dale Jr is running :D

Date: June 02, 2005 01:47PM
Posted by: Vortex Generator
Thats pathetic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy