GP Manager 2 - 2004 add-on

Posted by MViper 
GP Manager 2 - 2004 add-on
Date: March 12, 2005 11:27AM
Posted by: MViper
Hello

I downloaded this 2004 patch for GPM2. I really can't remember which lad had this patch link in his signature, but the problem is following..

When I start with Sauber, there are couple of race problems.. In Melbourne and Argentina I finnished the races with 1-2 victory, but there was not any laps done. All of them had 0 laps. So the final results were:

1. Fisichella
2. Massa
3. M Schumi
4. Rubens
5. Kimi
5. David
7. Monty
8. Ralf
or something like that..

etc etc.. everything by the team numbers..

Where's the catch?

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: GP Manager 2 - 2004 add-on
Date: March 12, 2005 11:30AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Its in my sig :P

Ian might know, as he made 95% of the mod, but in all our testing i dont think we came accross anything like this.

Date: March 12, 2005 11:33AM
Oh, yes it was you :)

I remember the girl now :D

Well.. It's funny. I hope I'm doing right:

Long term contract
Rookie
Load 2004 config file
Select the team
Start the game

this is it, right?

I tried with different race calendar, but it was the same, the cheapest parts on car and stuff like that. But in the worst case the Massa don't start and than Fisicho wins, then there are 2 williamses, 2 ferraris, 2 bars, 2 renaults... :S

Date: March 12, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hmmmm, thats a very strange problem :-o never had that before in testing... have you tried deafult 1996? or have you tried watching the race? :S

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: March 12, 2005 04:55PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Is the mod download link still working? I got a 404.
Date: March 12, 2005 05:21PM

seems its not working The _F1_Lunatic, have to have a look into this :\

Date: March 12, 2005 11:45PM
woops! accidently deleted the file off the server :P should be working now ^_^

Date: March 13, 2005 12:32AM
Posted by: genesis
Is GP manager 2 freeware yet? :|
Date: March 13, 2005 01:14AM
yep its on Home of the Underdogs

Date: March 13, 2005 01:24AM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah, but i dont have winrar so cant get it :(

meah, will get it off my disk when i go home :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 13, 2005 02:06AM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
I've got it now. Thanks for your help, guys.
Date: March 13, 2005 10:42AM
Ian:

Well.. I tried to watch and command the race. But no effect. I even tried to not participate in the race. All that training and quallys were on "X". Quallys were normal, but race. Hm. When I pressed the race start button, the race was automaticaly over. No laps, no whatsoever. I could not even set the tactics. Fisichella pitstops were at 256 and 268 lap or something like this. Massa's pitstops were at 0, 0 lap.. And I could not change how much fuel I would want in the tank.

It's pretty weird, but only with Sauber team.

I didn't try with original 1996 settings. I will now :)

But apart from that it's a great mod, brilliant looking cars, great pictures. Thumbs up!

Date: March 13, 2005 10:58AM

ahh when u go into a race weekend, u have the option to participate in the practice sessions, qual and race etc. are they ticked or "X"? if there X then the race will automaticly end without anything happening. But i remember it still saying laps etc have been done when i was doing it that way

Date: March 13, 2005 05:09PM
I tried both, will all the sessions selected and all the session with "X" .. but it was the same :S

Date: March 14, 2005 09:19AM

how odd,

have u tried a fresh install of the game? i know its a bit drastic, but well as we said, ian and myself have never come accross this!

Date: March 14, 2005 10:03AM
Hm. Not really. I've DL'ed the patch and it comes with the game so...

Maybe is this the problem. I had GPM2 '96 + setups. And first I tried your game pack, gpm2(cracked).exe, and yes of course I tried with 256 colors setting and win compatibility but of course it did not work, because dumb me, did not read the read.me file. Than I overwrote the original GPM2 96 with your files and tried again. Than after a few tries I've red the read.me file, and than i've played the game. I'll try just your pack, without original pack and overwriting, if there's going to be any difference..

Date: March 14, 2005 12:03PM
Hmmmmmmm, that is a very strange problem :o Our pack alone won't work, as it dosn't have any off the essential GPM2 files with it, you deffo need GPM2 original to use it... have a go at deleting your GPM2 installation completly, and re-installing... now before you apply our patch, follow this guide here.. [www.gp4sound.com] and try and run GPM2 in 96, see if that works....

Date: March 14, 2005 04:48PM
OK

Fresh install, I have original, so I installed [I was running some rip before], than there were annoying those wing32.dll problems, although they were in win\system32 folder and than I patched the game to 1.02B and overwrote some files from your patch, started the game, loaded the 2004 config data.. and.. it was the bloody same. Than I went with original rosters and setting, I selected Jordan [which was in 6th place like Sauber] and everything went okay.

Interesting was, when I started with 2004 config file, that Melbourne had no data of previous winners and fastest laps ..

Funny, it's happening with Jaguar too...

Any idea?

Date: March 14, 2005 05:17PM

Yeap. I found out. It had something to do with the 2004 configuration file. Later I will reconfigure it myself, if there's going to be any difference..
Date: March 14, 2005 05:31PM
Does this only happen with sauber? or every team?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy