recording xbox live

Posted by Dizzoau 
recording xbox live
Date: March 06, 2005 12:38PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Below is the video card I will probably get for my new computer:

[www.umart.com.au]

It has VIVO(video in/video out).(that comes with s-video and composite, doesn't it?)

So, if I get a tv which also has S-video in/S-video out, I can buy an advanced AV pack and hook the svideo to either:

1. Television svideo in, then buy separate svideo cords to connect to the svideo out on the tv, and connect the other end of those cords to the video in on the computer.

2. Hook the svideo from the xbox to the svideo in on pc, then buy separate svideo cords to output from the computer svideo out to connect to the tv's svideo in.

Are both options possible? I would prefer option one, at least that way I know I'll have no "image loss/degradation";(while I'm actually playing, not re-watching) since it's directly from the xbox to the tv's svideo in.

I would then just need some software to record the 'svideo in' on the computer.

How much would a surround sound, or just a white-to-computer line in adapter? input cost? Is this what I'd need to also record the sound?

So I can record xbox games that I play(and edit them with software afterwards) without having to mod my xbox? And using the method that I've described above?

Thanks
Dizzo
Re: recording xbox live
Date: March 06, 2005 02:28PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I did manage to do what your trying to do quite simply! I got a really old Capture card I had lying around, got my PS2, got a phono to Jack converter for the audio, shoved it into Line in on my soundcard, and plugged in the Composite lead, worked fine!! was able to record off my PS2 easily :D

With that GFX card, from what I see it only has S-VHS / Composite In, I have no idea what S-VHS is :P but Composite will work :)

But there is sounds like the best option would be to try and hook it upto your TV, if you hook it upto your PC, well it ain't easy to play on through a Capture card :P

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: March 06, 2005 04:10PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
S-VHS is S-Video :p

Or, you could just stick a VHS into your video machine (which your Xbox probably already plays through, SCART) and hit record. Works very well :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 07, 2005 04:09AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Yeah I tried that(albeit an old vcr with only av in/out and rf).... when I played the tape back, the text of who's in what postion and who you're talking to(the game I was playing is IndyCar Season 2005). So I want to get rid of the blurryness and colour washing that can occur.

Granted, that was only an av connection, and the vcr was old(I plugged the av from the xbox to the vcr, and used some av to av cords on the vcr out to the back of the tv, the 2nd option from above) and while I was playing, the sound seemed to get louder/ softer.

So it was an older vcr but I would like to have high quality recordings(thats why I'll use svideo, not av), so I could edit the good bits out and post on the net somewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy