New Joystick

Posted by Ianwoollam 
New Joystick
Date: February 16, 2005 01:14PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I'm looking to get properly into Combat Flight Simulators, most likley CFS3 first :) unless there are any other good ones hehe :D anyway is this Joystick any good? don't really want anything like force feedback, just a joystick which dosn't have its axis f*ckin up all the time like my very old one hehe :)

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: New Joystick
Date: February 16, 2005 01:31PM
Posted by: gav
I've got the previous version of that stick, and it's very good, yeah. Heavy base, perfect for combats, and some nice smooth progressive axis.

Only problem is that MS have stopped supporting their Sidewinder software, so you might come into problems with a new OS or whatever.

You better look at some alternatives, just to get an idea, because they would be a safer long-term bet.

//Edit: still, for -£20 you can't really go wrong!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2005 01:32PM by gav.
Date: February 16, 2005 01:36PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
IL2:Forgotten Battles is good, although I get terrible FPS with it for some reason. I stuggle though because I've got a rubbish stick- Logitch Wingman FFB. The non-FF version was great, but you can't get that any more, and on this new version the axis travel is tiny, and it's also really loose, so incredibly hard to be precise.

Date: February 16, 2005 08:33PM
Posted by: Willb
I def reccommend Force feedback.. It actually does makie flying easier and gives you more precision and you can adjust the spring strength etc. and you get kool shakes when you fire guns and missles etc :p
Date: February 17, 2005 07:57AM
Posted by: SpaceAce

this is nice
i have one
works well

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: February 18, 2005 06:22PM
went and missed that other bid, doh :(

how about this one guys, any good?

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

seen as I have absolutly no knowledge of joysticks, I'm really going on reviews on amazon.co.uk and this ain't got bad reviews :)

Date: February 20, 2005 10:19AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
i wnet for 1 pound :P hehe

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: February 20, 2005 11:26AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
saitek make some great sticks, I've used the one with the blue base, its lovely.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 20, 2005 07:02PM
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

think thats going over the top :P

anyway, whats the verdict on this joystick then?

[www.ebuyer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2005 08:41PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 20, 2005 09:41PM
Posted by: anze89
for 29.99£ you get Logitech® Extreme

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy