F1 2005 made by me

Posted by SHEEPY 
F1 2005 made by me
Date: February 07, 2005 07:58PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
hi ive made F1 2005 for byond u can get byond from here [games.byond.com]

[uk.geocities.com] heres the website for the game u can only get it on byond this is just the site for it with screen shots
Re: F1 2005 made by me
Date: February 07, 2005 08:33PM
Posted by: Vader
I simply like the look of it. Honestly, I am not being ironic. Somehow it looks cool. very basic, yet cool. I'll definitely give it a try. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 07, 2005 09:20PM
u wont beable to get in ti yet coz i have to sort out a problem first i will post when it will be ready it only has the monaco track
Date: February 07, 2005 09:28PM
You should really do something about your spelling though. :| It's simply disturbing.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 07, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: sasjag
some punctuation would help a lot as well!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 07, 2005 10:52PM
Date: February 08, 2005 01:57AM
Posted by: Red Sam
"Ok."

lol capital letter at the start of sentence, spelt correctly, and punctuated perfectly!!!;);)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: February 08, 2005 10:29AM
Posted by: mortal
he's learning already ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 08, 2005 11:36AM
Posted by: Rubidius
Oh you bastards. What's the point in sticking to rules of spelling and grammar? If everybody had written according to the rules throughout history, we'd all be speaking Latin. Or Proto-Indo-European. Or something.
Date: February 08, 2005 01:27PM
Posted by: 97kirkc

Or we can all speak in binary. (BTW that does actually say something)

Date: February 08, 2005 01:48PM
Posted by: JPM
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I simply like the look of it. Honestly, I am not
> being ironic. Somehow it looks cool. very basic,
> yet cool. I'll definitely give it a try. :p

How is that ironic? I think the word you are after is sarcastic. Just a suggestion to someone who prides themselves on their use of the English language. :p
Date: February 08, 2005 02:36PM
Posted by: sasjag
Rubidius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Oh you bastards whats the point in sticking to rules of spelling and grammar if everybody had written according to the rules throughout history we'd all be speaking Latin Or Proto-Indo-European or something

;)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 08, 2005 03:20PM
Main Entry: iro·ny
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&;)r-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>

Since ironic language is often used for sarcastic utterances, I don't think I was wrong. However, I think sarcasm is too strong because it carries a notion of "cutting or giving pain". I merely pointed out that I did not use words to express the opposite of the literal meaning, so I think irony is the right term in this context.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 08, 2005 05:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Don't get Vader started on Latin: I distinctly remember having a little convo in Latin on these forums before...needless to say it was interesting...
Date: February 09, 2005 04:14AM
Posted by: JPM
Well it appears that there is a very fine line between irony and sarcasm. However after consulting a senior lecturer of Professional Communication at Monash University, and an author of many literary text books, www.eunson.net, he seems to think that whilst both definitions are correct, the predominant meaning of the word Irony would be:

3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

An example of this would be Adolf Hitler and his anti-semitism regime. I.e Hitler's adoption of the notion of the Aryan Race, yet not being of Aryan descent himself.

Or: A boat at sea being burnt down, despite the presence of water surrounding the boat.

Thus, the sentence:

I simply like the look of it. Honestly, I am not
being ironic. Somehow it looks cool. very basic,
yet cool. I'll definitely give it a try. :p

whilst correct, a more correct way according to this lecturer, would be to use the word sarcastic as its meaning is more coherent and concise in this context.

I am looking forward to your response to gain a further insight into the use of the terms ironic and sarcastic.:)

Zach
Date: February 09, 2005 07:22PM
I could quote a few lecturers (including me, since I also have a history of teaching at Uni) who would (of course) agree with the definition given by your lecturer, however claim it narrows down the term too much, since it only covers the special case of Dramatic Irony, but not irony as such.

quote from Wikipedia:

H. W. Fowler, in Modern English Usage, had this to say of irony:

Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear and shall not understand, and another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware, both of that "more" and of the outsider's incomprehension.

On the other hand, even if you were right and it was not irony, the statement "I am not being ironic" here is still right. Wether I was not ironic because I didn't intend to or wether it should have been sarcasm instead, does not change the fact that I really haven't been ironic. Even if I had written "I am not being green here" would have been a true statement, because by no definition of the word "green" it would have applied to me in this context.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2005 08:31PM by Vader.
Date: February 10, 2005 07:15AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
The writing in your sig is green...does that count?
Date: February 10, 2005 06:25PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Oh, the irony!!
;)

By the way, care to shed light on this project? :)
Date: February 11, 2005 05:38PM
cant put it online for a bit need to get a new motherboard but it now has the redbull team

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2005 01:03AM by SHEEPY.
Date: February 11, 2005 06:48PM
How comes you are able to make your own game, and at the same time being unbale to handle to a PC properly (throwing the mobo around until it breaks, hitting stuff with a hammer, etc and then asking how to fix it :s)?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy