Posted by Guimengo 
PES 2011! (FIFA 11 now)
Date: May 04, 2010 05:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
It looks sweet! (H)(Y)

From the WENB:

PES 2011: Football Evolved
Total revamp, total freedom, total football
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a completely new footballing experience later this year with the advent of PES 2011, for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, Wii, PlayStation 2 and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), which sees the publisher’s long-running series undergo the most radical revamp in its history.

The PES range has long been regarded as offering incredible realism and control, but PES 2011 will reinvigorate the series with the most advanced raft of gameplay additions, control options, and animations to meet the evolution of real-life football. Central to its total freedom of play, PES 2011 introduces a power bar for each player that allows the user to determine the exact strength and placement of every pass and shot. Balls can now be spread absolutely anywhere with utter precision, with long balls into space, short passes to feet and intricate one-twos allowing the player to dictate play and control the tempo of a match.
This freedom of play is also extended via new AI routines designed to place every move and decision in the player’s hands. No longer will assisted AI intervene during matches; users will now need to sense and react to threats; and passes will not automatically reach the nearest player. Instead, all-new routines facilitate complete control both of the player and their chosen actions in every respect to give the player sublime control over every movement.

“It was time for PES to transform, and PES 2011 represents the most ambitious redesign in the series’ history,” commented Jon Murphy, European PES Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We’ve continued to work closely with the fans to pinpoint what it is about football that PES didn’t do. Total freedom was the priority and all-new animation a must. PES 2011 does both – indeed, they are directly linked to each other – and while the new game is recognisably PES at its heart, it is also the most radically improved version ever.”
Key to PES 2011’s new approach is a specially-designed control system that allows total control over every element of play. The triangulation of passes and making space using clever runs becomes paramount, and build-up play is everything. Likewise, dribbling and close control are tougher to master, and the days of making streaking runs through the centre of the park are over, as PES mirrors the real-life football.
//MORE
The result is the most complete and realistic PES to date. PES 2011 delivers an evolved experience that still has the key PES ehthos of skill and realism at its core. Likewise, every other aspect of the game has been totally reworked, including:
Total Control: PES Productions has enhanced the 360-degree passing ratio, offering unprecedented levels of control over every pass, shot, throw-in, through ball and lofted through balls. This allows users to pass the ball into space, and move their play with total freedom. Players must precisely weight their passes and second-guess the runs of their team-mates and exploit their movement. Players even can apply pressure on opponents to force them off the ball.
Shot & Stamina Gauge: In addition to the generic power gauge, the Shot & Stamina meter details the player’s exact level of fitness. Constantly sprinting will affect the player’s movements and will have an adverse affect on his stats, with passes going awry and a loss of pace.
New Defender AI: Defenders now hold their positions naturally, no longer chasing any ball that enters their area; preferring to close down the attacker and force them into a mistake.
Animation and Player Physics: PES Productions has totally reworked every element of in-game animation. These additions will become clear before even kick-off, with the players enjoying fluid, natural movements, with more realistic acceleration and inertia than ever before. The physicality between players is also improved, which was a priority requested in PES forums. Jostling and blocking now looks stunning, while there is a larger variety of convincing tackling styles. Ambient animation also adds immensely to the in-game atmosphere, as players behave realistically when off the ball, and walk and run with a variety of individual styles.
Speed of Play: The new level of control means that PES 2011 enjoys a more considered pace of play, which varies dependent on situations. The game will burst into life as counter-attacks come into play, but players can dictate the pace via slow build up or exploiting available space to surge forward. It is harder to make long runs from midfield, and successful play will depend on making quick passes to make room.
Aesthetics: PES 2010 showcased the best likenesses in a football game, and PES 2011 ups the ante further. Facial animation has been enhanced, but the key advances are over 1000 all-new animations which have been recreated from the ground up using over 100 hours of motion captured footage. Every aspect of player movement has been reworked, with more organic runs, turns, throw-ins, tackles, and interaction. The way players speed up and slow down is also more natural, while replays display elements of motion blur that bring your saved goals to vivid life.
//MORE
Tactical and Strategy: The sheer number of options available in the PES series has established it as a remarkably flexible simulation, allowing players to stamp their playing style on each match. The PES Productions team has implemented an all new ‘Drag and Drop’ mechanism that can be used in every aspect of team management, not just substitutions or formation changes. These settings are also animated to promote better understanding of the plays that have been altered.
Feint settings: PES has always offered a wide range of subtle skills, feints and turns, but PES 2011 allows users to map their favourite move sequences to the right stick, making them more accessible than ever before.
Master League Online: Master League will offer an all-new challenge, as users are invited to try their hand against other managers online. PES 2011 will mark the online debut for its much-loved Master League element, with players bidding against each other for the world’s best players, and attempting to build a squad that can compete with the best against online peers all over the globe.
PES 2011 also features a myriad of smaller additions, all designed to enhance the overall experience. The game’s difficulty level has been upped thanks to the greater control on offer, while new camera angles showcase the game’s stunning visuals and animation. Likewise, in accordance with the strong wishes of the fan base, both referees and goal keepers have been improved in both aesthetic and AI terms, while an all-new commentary process has been implemented that offers a better and less repetitive overview of the proceedings.
The game will also see the return of Lionel Messi – arguably the greatest player in the modern game – as its cover star, and the expansion of its UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League elements, and the addition of the Copa Liberadores, South America’s most influential and important club-based competition.

“This is just the tip of the iceberg for PES 2011,” concluded Murphy. “We have some significant announcements still to come regarding game modes and gameplay functions. The first footage of the new game perfectly showcases the new animation and freedom elements that beat at the heart of the new game. We are confident that PES 2011 will both surprise and delight football fans. They are going to have to relearn how they play, as this is a very different game, but I am confident it will blow them all away.”
PES 2011 will be released for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation®2, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), and PC-DVD in the Autumn. For more information, please contact Steve Merrett at Voltage PR on 020 7903 5122 or email steve@voltagepr.com.

All copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license.
Comment on this post - join the discussion on the forums

Posted by Kitana Media on May 4th, 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 05:30PM by Guimengo.
Re: PES 2011!
Date: May 05, 2010 10:22AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Either way FIFA 11 will be better.

Date: May 06, 2010 02:17AM
Either way you can't predict the future and know squat, so your post is crap. Next.
Date: May 06, 2010 09:14AM
Posted by: Covfan
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a completely new footballing experience later this year with the advent of PES 2008

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a completely new footballing experience later this year with the advent of PES 2009

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a completely new footballing experience later this year with the advent of PES 2010

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a completely new footballing experience later this year with the advent of PES 2011

Date: May 06, 2010 02:05PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Covfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will deliver a
> completely new footballing experience later this
> year with the advent of PES 2008
>
> year with the advent of PES 2009
>
> year with the advent of PES 2010
>
> year with the advent of PES 2011
>
> .....

That's true, PES has been pretty crap since Pes 6.
Literally the only thing they needed to do with that game for it to be perfect was to make it less rugby like in terms of the physical contact and shirt pulling, which hindered attacks too much. Konami have really screwed up since then to let Fifa become the more playable of the two. :(

I wish some other company would break the duopoly and make a good football sim!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2010 02:08PM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 07, 2010 11:39PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Well to be fair, FIFA is much more anger friendly. I do have anger issues, and PES 2009 ( the last one I bought) made me break things.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 18, 2010 08:06PM
First leaked image, from WENB and off a cell phone:

By the way, some journalists were able to play a very early build and they reported big (positive) changes to the actual gameplay!
Date: May 22, 2010 04:44PM
Never mind the gameplay, will the soundtrack actually be decent for once?!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: May 22, 2010 07:05PM
I liked in PES 2010 there were some decent tunes and that above all, they weren't that many (therefore wasting disc space) and you can edit your own playlist. I used to enjoy FIFA's tracks until FIFA 2002, now the vast majority in it is pure garbage except for Muse in 2007's version.
Date: June 04, 2010 03:33AM
First video of the alpha build!

Date: June 16, 2010 03:39AM
What else to say... nothing! E3 trailer:

Date: June 18, 2010 04:38AM
Some more good news from E3 :D!

[www.godisageek.com]
E3 2010: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Impressions
Posted on June 17 2010Posted by Asim Tanvir Categorized Under: Previews

It is well known amongst football gaming fans that Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) hasn’t taken to the PS3 and Xbox 360 (aka “next-gen”) platforms like the proverbial duck to water. Just a few weeks ago, the GodisaGeek team discussed the issues that plagued the “next-gen” efforts and how the FIFA series had taken over. In addition to that, we wondered how Konami could bring the magic back to the series with PES 2011 and give FIFA a run for its money. Well, those questions (and a few more) were answered today when I got my hands on the game itself yesterday at E3. So, is PES 2011 just a pretender or can it actually bring home some silverware this season? Hit the jump and find out for yourself.

Right, let’s get the virtual elephant in the virtual room out of the way first; the animations. This is an area where PES has been greatly criticised for a good few years now and in PES 2011 Konami seemed to have improved the animations greatly. No longer do players run like something out of a Benny Hill sketch and out of the window goes the rigidity. Players now move/run just like you would expect them to…..realistically!

Staying on the subject of looks, the visuals and general presentation are both very good. Konami haven’t rested on their laurels, they have taken the fantastic visual foundations they laid down with PES 2010 and improved on them. Greatly improved grass textures, realistic lighting and 3D crowds are just a few of the visual elements that have been tweaked, yielding superb results. Oh and the player likenesses are even better! In terms of the presentation, the one thing that stood out immediately when I started playing was the TV style camera. I’m not entirely sure how but it seemed to actually enhance the already brilliant visuals. I also noticed some nice touches to the games menus, the one that comes to mind immediately is 3D models of the captains coming up on-screen once teams were selected by the player. It’s not quite at the levels of FIFA yet but, hey, at least the folks at Konami are trying.

The litmus test will always be the gameplay, it is the defining factor that makes or breaks a football game. PES hasn’t really delivered in terms of gameplay over the last few years and therefore it has been (as harsh as this sounds) shunned by the majority of the football gaming community. With PES 2011 this could all be about to change and, boy, is it about time! Passing is the key element that has been given some much needed attention, no longer is it restrictive or predictable. The tagline “engineered for freedom” sums up the new passing systems perfectly. Whilst the core mechanics of the passing still “feel” like PES (music to the ears of some) everything else has been tweaked with fantastic results.

PES 2011 - Engineered for freedom
As demonstrated in some of the videos released at the beginning of the month, you now have much more control over the passing. To refer back to the PES 2011 tagline, you also have a lot more freedom in what you can do. You can pass to team-mates left foot, right foot and into space, the choice is yours. None of this feels forced upon you, it feels natural. It’s all achieved by using the familiar pass button too, simple yet brilliantly executed. I’m not going to lie, it took me a half or so to get to grips with the changes to the passing system but once I did I just wanted to keep on playing. Crafting out a move just felt so rewarding and satisfying, like the good old PES days.

The defensive side of the gameplay has also received some attention. Realistic jostling was something I noticed during my time with the game but I was told that “holding up” plays a huge a part in the game too. Rather than charge in like a headless chicken towards a player running at you, it pays to hold off and charge/press at the opportune moment. I get the feeling this new defensive mechanic will play a huge part in defeat or victory when playing on the harder difficulty settings or against a skilled human opponent. It will probably have its uses otherwise too but will come into its own during close/tight matches.

I didn’t get much time to try out the feints or tricks in the game but I left with the impression that Konami are putting quite a bit of focus on them. Why do I say that? Well, I was handed a sheet of paper that was full (literally) of information about feints and tricks. The basic premise is to combine L2 (PS3 controller) with the right stick to perform various different moves. To add some depth to that you can also link the moves together to stunning effect as I found out to my detriment. The person I was playing against “demonstrated” this to me during a match which resulted in him leaving two of players trailing behind him as he charged off into the distance.

The build I played was about 60% complete so, as expected, a few assets were missing and there were some bugs/glitches. These included some twitchy animations and goalkeepers not catching/punching properly at times. I was assured these bugs/glitches were aspects that were still being worked on and should be sorted out in time for the games release. In terms of teams, the build included a handful of international outfits (Argentina, Italy, Portugal and so on) and the (fully licensed) Copa Libertadores teams. Obviously the full game will have many more teams included!

So, as someone who switched to FIFA after PES 6…..is PES 2011 the game to bring me (and many others) back to the series? I have to say, it just might be. “Engineered for freedom”, that is the tagline for PES 2011 and, going by what I played (and saw) yesterday, it is most certainly a befitting one.

And

[e3.gamespot.com]
EA Sports' FIFA Soccer series has been running rings around Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer series for far too long, and Konami knows it. That, presumably, is why large portions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 are currently being rebuilt from the ground up ahead of its release later this year. We had our first opportunity to play the new game for ourselves behind closed doors at Konami's E3 2010 booth this afternoon, and while it's too soon to say for sure whether or not it can beat FIFA, it's already playing a much better game of football (or soccer, if you prefer) than its current-generation predecessors.

Before our match kicked off, we were afforded a quick look at the new tactics screen, which looked significantly better than similar screens ever have in the Pro Evolution Soccer games. It was also much easier to use, because in addition to switching between preset formations, it was possible to tweak those formations or even create completely new ones simply by dragging the player icons around on the 2D pitch. Furthermore, although we didn't actually get to see this functionality, we're told that you'll have the option to set up multiple formations as well as criterion for your team to switch between them automatically. So, for example, you'll be able to tell your team to switch to a defensive formation if they go two goals up or to switch to an all-out attacking shape if they're a goal behind with only 15 minutes left. It sounds like a great feature, and if it's implemented well, we suspect other sports games might be quick to imitate it.

On the field, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 is equally promising. We're told that 90 percent of the player animations are new this year, and it shows. Players are now significantly more responsive, and while it's possible to perform tricks and feints (and even to link feints together), you're unlikely to need them very often because you can beat opponents simply by turning quickly with the ball or by passing intelligently. Passing the ball around feels great in Pro Evo 2011 because while it's still quite easy to string short to-feet passes together, you're now afforded much more control to pass the ball in any direction and at any pace without the AI interfering and making assumptions about where your pass was supposed to go.

An (optional) power bar appears at the feet of your player anytime you pass the ball, and so the longer you hold the pass button down, the quicker and longer your pass is. That's not ground-breaking by any means, but it works well, and even in the short time that we spent playing, we found that it made passing the ball into space a more feasible strategy because we didn't have to rely on the through-ball button to guess where we wanted the ball to go. It also resulted in our putting the ball out for throw-ins a few times when we overhit passes, but with practice that's unlikely to be a problem.

We were only afforded a brief glimpse at Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 today, but the time we spent pitting Argentina against France at an instantly recognizable Old Trafford stadium on the Xbox 360 was more than enough to get us excited. We look forward to bringing you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available.

This is what I want to see. So right now the game is at 60% and it looks so much better and all these positive words from all the critics are really something to be excited about. Konami had surveys with fans starting a month after PES 2010 was out, as well as specific videogame journalists, and it's so refreshing that they acted on it and reworked the entire game. The free gameplay and the old PES feeling back is just magic to my eyes (ears;)).
Date: June 22, 2010 12:48AM
[www.gameblog.fr]

GameBlog has chosen PES 2011 as the best sports title of E3. Definitely promising :D
Date: June 22, 2010 08:51PM
Posted by: rocker
2:29 from the E3 trailer, the best player from the best team!!!

Is there any Flamengo!?? I didn't see it... :P

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: June 23, 2010 02:18AM
Shut it :P.

The entire Libertadores is licensed, I wouldn't doubt they make the Europa League and Copa Libertadores playable separately just like the UEFA Champions League.
Date: June 23, 2010 05:09PM
Posted by: rocker
I hope they create a South America League to be played in Master League. But I think it will be only playable as a separate Tournament. Also I hope Corinthians qualify for the next Libertadores. If they use this year Libertadores it won't have Boca and River Plate, if they use next year maybe they will loose Corinthians, Flamengo or Cruzeiro...

Oh yeah, on the release date of PES 2011 Libertadores 2011 won't be defined yet, so it will be 2010 teams, but I think they will include Boca and River (and maybe more Brazillian teams like Palmeiras, Fluminense, Gremio...)

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: June 23, 2010 08:40PM
I wonder what Blackpool will be called... :D

Seaside Tangerines, anyone?

Date: June 24, 2010 01:17AM
It will be the current Libertadores teams from the beginning of the competition, and fully integrated with Master League.
Date: August 08, 2010 02:57AM
From WENB:

In my 100+ hours of playing the game, the first 5 hours was the most brutal. The learning curve of playing PES 2011 is a steep one, and something that will require great patience. Playing this years game the same as PES 2010, or any before it, will result in complete failure, as PES 2011 is on a different planet.

The two biggest elements of the game that will require re-learning (besides passing) will be dribbling and defending. Check out a brief explanation of both after the jump.

Defending In PES 2011

When Seabass detailed that the defensive nature of PES was getting an overhaul, I should have been much more wary when trying to tackle when playing PES 2011 for the first time. Without question, almost without thinking, you will start playing PES the same way as you always have done. Especially for the guys who have been into the series for so long.

Not since PES3 have I felt a need to change the way I play, and further more not since PES5 have I felt the need to learn to defend. PES 2011 brings in this new 3-way defending system, and the quicker you realise it’s there for a reason, the faster you’ll understand this side of the game. Playing the same as always, you’ll soon find opposing players walking past you despite your best efforts. This had me thinking more than once that the defence system was broken/buggy.

This was amplified when, playing as Milan vs Barca, players like Iniesta and Messi were almost impossible to dispossess. Wave after wave of attacks, I came out of the game lucky to lose just 3-0. Deciding to then play as Barca against Sevilla, I realised this air of invincibility could be felt by all, not just the CPU. After being able to avoid tackles and escape challenges, it hit me. This is real life football.

I sat the controller down, and started to think about it all. How would you, if you were a manager of an average team, play against the likes of Barcelona? Containment. Look back at Inter Milan’s performance at the Camp Nou in this year’s semi-final, and you get what I mean. It’s not a case of tackling the player, but more limiting their influence and ability to get past you.

This is PES 2011.

First off, let’s talk about this new defensive system, and just how it needs to be used to work in the game. First of all we have holding X and pushing the stick back towards your own goal. It’s a key feature against the very skilful and quick players in the game. The ability to avoid challenges with intricate precision is available to every player with decent technique, meaning rushing in will be punished, so this manoeuvre becomes very key when playing. Accompanying this with Square to bring a teammate over works very well.

The second defence manoeuvre is called tracking, and is done by just holding X. Now here’s the big change that takes the most time getting used to: holding X does not tackle! That’s right, all this does now is track the player closely, without committing to a challenge, or even committing to try and intercept a pass or dribbling path.

The final manoeuvre is actually tackling and committing, and that’s done by holding X and pushing the stick towards the opposition player in possession of the ball. This is the key point to fully comprehend and understand. And while all are easy to take in, all 3 take hours of practice to master.

When you think about it, this new system is pure genius, and brings out this core simulation aspect PES has been missing for so long. The complexity isn’t rocket science, but the implementation is done in such a way that so much of real football is represented in the game. No matter how good you are as a gamer, people like Messi and Iniesta will be able to walk past you if you dive in without any thought – as they would in real life. Sure the better defenders are able to combat lesser attackers, individuality will always be king in PES, but players with high technique and dribbling stats will always be able to make room for themselves. It’s up to you to limit that room to less damaging areas of the pitch.

Dribbling In PES 2011

Like to shout it out loud and clear, PES 2011 has 360 degree dribbling in the game. And it’s been implemented exactly the way everyone would expect it to in a PES game. Each intricate movement is key, and is influential into what happens on the pitch.

One of the key reasons I feel Seabass did bring in this new defensive system is down to the new dribbling system and freedom for movement for the highly skilled players. He has always wanted every players strengths and abilities to shine through, and for this a lot of work has gone into dribbling with high technique players.

Iniesta and Messi have a fantastic feeling when in possession of the ball, keeping the ball close and being able to move into any direction in an instant. Even when faced with a number of defenders around you, the ability to manoeuvre in between them is possible, if they all commit to try and tackle you. If they don’t, the ability to move away from danger and find a team mate with a pass is always an option.

This ability at first made the game’s defensive side feel broken, as trying to rush in and muscle the player off the ball (ala FIFA) is impossible to do if they are in full control of the ball. The idea is to back off until an excessive movement is made to beat you, giving you the opportunity to tackle. Again, just like real life.

This new dribbling representation is more about technique, rather than dribbling accuracy, so even the slower classy midfielders can avoid congested areas and pressure by turning quickly away and spraying a pass.

It was fully understanding dribbling that actual made me get defending in the game, respecting a high technique player is key to learning in how to dribbling, and how to defend against them.

You can clearly notice a lot of improvement. PES should be an actual very good footy game this year. They're reportedly taking this time left in development to continue to focus more on goalies and referees :).
Date: September 04, 2010 05:30PM
Posted by: senna9194
i'll take it only if they had FC Starjan!;)

My GPGSL Career
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy