netKar Pro 1.3 is out! :D

Posted by salvasirignano 
netKar Pro 1.3 is out! :D
Date: February 12, 2011 01:34PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
The latest version of netKar Pro is now available, featuring the Osella PA-21S hillclimb prototype and Shelby Daytona Coupe as well as the Trento Bondone hillclimb course. Perhaps most importantly of all though, it now features wet weather too! :D
It is available for €14.90, which is a snip :)
[www.netkar-pro.com]
Re: netKar Pro 1.3 is out! :D
Date: February 13, 2011 12:19AM
Posted by: msater
Debating whether to buy it or not...

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 13, 2011 11:01AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Does it actually WORK yet? No AI, mediocre net code, and nobody online to race against.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 13, 2011 11:05AM
Posted by: Nickv
People still actually hope this will become a good game? :P

I tried it once, years ago, and couldn't even get my car out of the garage. Since then I've given up on this. Wasn't this guy also the guy who promised to develop this and that and instead just took the money and ran off?
Date: February 13, 2011 02:22PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does it actually WORK yet? No AI, mediocre net
> code, and nobody online to race against.

You have a valid point on the first two counts Dave, but there are quite a few organised leagues, such as over at Race Department and Radiator Springs Racing where there is decent clean racing to be had.
AI is omitted unfortunately, but IMO there are only two games with AI worth playing against at the moment anyway, GP4 and VGP3. The gmotor2 sims all have the same problem with the AI not being agressive enough at outbraking or slipstreaming you properly, and F1 2010's is 'fake'.
It's not perfect by any means, and yes, there are many bugs to be sorted, but there is still a heck of a lot of fun to be had with it for that price :)
Iracing is perhaps rightly viewed as being the pinnacle of sim racing, yet that has no AI, and that €14.90 wouldn't last you very long:-P
Date: February 13, 2011 06:38PM
Posted by: mika19b
netKar pro has it's issues but it has improved a 1000% over V1. :)

For a start online racing is possible now without issues and it probably has the best tyre model around.
Date: February 14, 2011 01:20AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Iracing is perhaps rightly viewed as being the pinnacle of sim racing, yet that has no AI, and that €14.90 wouldn't last you very long:-P

But iRacing has enough community members that you can race online almost any time you want, with a full grid. nK Pro doesn't have that, and since it has no AI you *have* to be in a league if you want to do anything more than hot lap. And paying €15 for hot lapping isn't really good enough IMO.

Also, I tried the previous build and became quite disappointed at the new content. The Aosta circuit was very badly made and looked quite poor, as well as amazingly unrealistic. Whilst I know nK Pro is/was all fictional content (and I actually quite like that), I expect it to be realistic. And the new cars really detract from it too. Fiat 500, hill climb cars and a Shelby Daytona are not really relevant to what nK Pro was doing originally.

I think it's lost focus, and we're now getting content for the sake of content when bigger issues need addressed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy