PS3: framerate issues?

Posted by msater 
PS3: framerate issues?
Date: August 25, 2010 10:47PM
Posted by: msater
Hey guys,

Some of you will know I'm looking at getting a PS3 Slim, and I've seen things on the internet that suggest the Slim has framerate issues. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Phil

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Re: PS3: framerate issues?
Date: August 25, 2010 11:08PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Mmm it depends. Until not too long ago most multi-platform games were optimized for the 360 capabilities and then ported over to the PS3, but as of very recently it looks like the PS3 is the console of origin as developers probably feel more comfortable now. Red Dead Redemption runs at a couple dozen pixels less than the 360 but has more visual effects (my friend owns both consoles and says the difference wasn't really noticeable at all especially since it had the extra effects), as another example.

The FPS issues are down to lazyness, I know Bayonetta is a terrible port for the PS3. The PS3 is a more potent hardware than the 360 but the 360 held the edge due to being out sooner and supposedly being easier to develop due to its Windows base.

Final Fantasy XIII was made on PS3 and then downscaled enough so the 360 would handle it, and I've read that while there were complaints it was not an issue like Bayonetta to the PS3.

Closing statement: Buy it without worrying ;)
Re: PS3: framerate issues?
Date: August 25, 2010 11:35PM
Posted by: msater
Thanks Gui, helped a lot!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy