rFactorCentral.com to become SimRaceWay.com

Posted by msater 
rFactorCentral.com to become SimRaceWay.com
Date: July 28, 2009 10:30PM
Posted by: msater
Just found out that rFactor Central is going to be closed, and a new site will rise from from the ashes: Simraceway.com!

More info at the site: [www.simraceway.com]

But the best thing about this is: that multiple sim racing titles will be included (hence the name), and that this is all thanks to Ignite Game Technologies, who aquired and invseted into rFC.

There's a countdown at the site, and a official press release in the form of a PDF.

The piece of news I learnt it from : Rfactorcentral is going through a metamorphosis to emerge as Simraceway. This coincidentally resides with a recent email by the Rfactorcentral team that celebrated its 150,000,000th page view (I’m slightly jealous). More information is yet to come. However I have visited Simraceway, and was greeted by a suspicious looking countdown that could have easily come out of a Dark Night sequel or at the very least a HTC cell phone.

So, what do you lot think of this? Good, bad, or don't care? ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Re: rFactorCentral.com to become SimRaceWay.com
Date: July 29, 2009 12:26AM
Posted by: senninho
The name alone suggests that they are branching out into other sims. Trying to compete with Nogrip?

Date: July 29, 2009 12:29AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Nogrip is most focused on Simbin games, maybe they try to explore that, but also with a bigger focus on the other games out there compared to Nogrip.

Date: July 29, 2009 08:33AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Something I'm not overly happy about is SimRaceWay has been using rFc to run pay to race championships. Basically making a profit off of modders work. Thankfully, if you do the research you can legally block SRW from doing so using Creative Commons Licensing. Something CART Factor will take advantage of.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 29, 2009 05:13PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Do you know of anyone else doing anything about it? I remember no illegal mods being allowed in rFc and all the race servers up, they lived off ads and donations. Then these hotlap competitions that cost money to run (but did give money to winners) and now paid races too. I have to say I stopped with rFc over 2 months ago and don't feel any urge on checking simracewhatever they have going.
Date: August 06, 2009 07:19PM
Posted by: smorr
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something I'm not overly happy about is SimRaceWay
> has been using rFc to run pay to race
> championships. Basically making a profit off of
> modders work. Thankfully, if you do the research
> you can legally block SRW from doing so using
> Creative Commons Licensing. Something CART Factor
> will take advantage of.

SRW Pwnd. Thank you for that Dave.

The whole thing will just suck. Branching out is not always a good thing- Personally, I have both GTR2/Evo/rF/GTL, and I like to keep them separate. All this is going to lead to is people seeing something for GTR2 and going "Can we convert if to rF?", and when someone says no, continous pestering.

Gui- I'm fairly sure that basically nothing new has gone up in that time period over there. Pete updated the site apperently with a LOT of new WIPS/Releases, but they dont show up anywhere but the main home page, so if you miss it by the time it disappears, your screwed.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 07, 2009 04:42PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yeah, I read about it on VirtualR, here the article:

[www.virtualr.net]

Date: August 07, 2009 06:47PM
Posted by: mika19b
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I read about it on VirtualR, here the
> article:
>
> [www.virtualr.net]
> way/

After reading that I won't be using SRW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy