CTDP 2009 for RF2?

Posted by micky-cannonball 
CTDP 2009 for RF2?
Date: August 14, 2009 09:13AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
[www.virtualr.net]

What is the deal? Is it just me, or its really true? :)

just need some clarifications.

Re: CTDP 2009 for RF2?
Date: August 14, 2009 11:36AM
Posted by: Dahie
We are at an early phase of the mod creation, where we develop the models and texture independent of the game they will be included in later. We expect this will take some more time, so that it's more realistic to wait for rf2, than to bring the mod for rf1, only to be surpassed by rf2 a couple of months later.

And no, we have no working beta of rf2 or anything … and we also don't know any release dates.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: August 14, 2009 07:53PM
Posted by: smorr
Dahie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are at an early phase of the mod creation,
> where we develop the models and texture
> independent of the game they will be included in
> later. We expect this will take some more time, so
> that it's more realistic to wait for rf2, than to
> bring the mod for rf1, only to be surpassed by rf2
> a couple of months later.
>
> And no, we have no working beta of rf2 or anything
> … and we also don't know any release dates.

Which is exactly my problem. We know that rF2 is still a while away, but yet people still are modding for a game we basically no nothing about (Not saying anything regarding CTDP specifically, as it'll likely take them that long and then some to turn out the quality).... Just seems odd (Look at WSGT2... Yes, put in rF1 and do it there, but don't consider rF1? Seems REALLY goofy to me)

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 15, 2009 08:28AM
Posted by: Dahie
Depends, the raw data don't mind what game they are made for. Obviously when we try things, we still use rf1 and the 1994 mod is still scheduled for rf1, even though this could also be one close call before rf2. If you know, that you mod isn't released tomorrow there is the consideration, that it might be too late for rf1, even though rf2 isn't scheduled yet. Switching to rf2 means to re-export everything plus surprises, so rather than trying to get out a mod asap for rf1 and having to deal with details of rf2 later, I can imagine teams waiting for more information about rf2. CTDP doesn't postpone their mods for rf2, knowing our progress and our pace, it may just get very close together. ;)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy