Rfactor bumps intrack, cars reaction?

Posted by Craigo 
Rfactor bumps intrack, cars reaction?
Date: June 08, 2008 03:59PM
Posted by: Craigo
Hey just bought rfactor and although the user car appears to bump around the track like on straights, the AI cars dont seem to do the same. Is there a fix or is this just how rfactor is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2008 04:40PM by Craigo.
Re: Rfactor bump mapping
Date: June 08, 2008 04:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Bump mapping is a graphical tool used to make visual bumps without having to use higher poly models to aid performance. It isn't related to the physics of the cars.

What do you mean the cars bump around? The head shake, or what?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Rfactor bump mapping
Date: June 08, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: Craigo
ohh lol my bad. Yeh like the cars "bouncing" along the straights and or certainareas of the track. The AI drivers dont seem to react the same as me
Re: Rfactor bumps intrack, cars reaction?
Date: June 15, 2008 09:02PM
Posted by: LS.
think you mean the head shake thing, does it get worse the faster you go?

you have to edit a config file or plr file and omit some text, i'm sure someone who plays Rfactor will post below what the actual values are

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 15, 2008 09:04PM
Posted by: LS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rFactor/UserData/<username>/<username>.plr file and edit value under "Graphics Options":Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" (make it a lower value). Like 0.00000

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 16, 2008 01:47AM
Posted by: Fincent
I think what the guy may mean is the car bottoming out and bouncing quite a bit at high speeds, throwing sparks up etc. I noticed that it happened a lot as you got towards the end of the straight at Bahrain and also happens regularly in the f1 mods i play. The AI dont seem to be effected though and just drive normally.

I think this is what you're getting it? :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: July 07, 2008 03:23PM
Posted by: maes
yeah i know this problem, and it really annoying like in Spa Francorchamps. When you go up the Raidillon, its like youre the only one who has problems keeping the car right.. and this affects your speed very much, wich with AI cars doesn't occur. so when you heading for the long straight after eau rouge, AI cars always go faster and overtake you.
Date: July 28, 2008 01:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I think it's just the AI, which is fuckingawful. It's like racing against a field of robots which are programmed to make mistakes in all the wrong places.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy