F1 at stalemate over video game deal

Posted by Ianwoollam 
F1 at stalemate over video game deal
Date: May 07, 2008 11:44AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Formula One fans may have to wait for the next official video game, as Sony and F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone are reportedly locked in stalemate over a new publishing deal.

Sony Computer Entertainment's previous exclusive publishing deal, covering the 2003-2007 period, was for a rumoured $200 million, according to the technology news source TG Daily.

The website said the "gap between what Sony is willing to pay for a (new) license and what Bernie Ecclestone's (company) is demanding is too wide.
"

Industry sources are reporting that rival computer publishers EA, Ubisoft and Codemasters may now be in the running for the new five-year contract.

The last Formula One game published by SCE and Liverpool Studios was based on the start of the 2006 season.

[en.f1-live.com]

I wouldn't mind if Ubisoft got it, I mean F1 Racing Simulation and Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 were pretty good for their time I thought :) Never really tried Racing Simulation 3 though.

However if I was being realistic, EA would be more likely to get it and call it Lewis Hamilton's F1 Challenge :(

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 11:44AM by Ianwoollam.
Re: F1 at stalemate over video game deal
Date: May 07, 2008 01:15PM
Posted by: Glyn
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However if I was being realistic, EA would be more
> likely to get it and call it Lewis Hamilton's F1
> Challenge :(

Lewis Hamilton's F1 Challenge Featuring in game commentary from James Allen

Re: F1 at stalemate over video game deal
Date: May 07, 2008 07:11PM
Posted by: Fincent
Glyn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Lewis Hamilton's F1 Challenge Featuring in game
> commentary from James Allen

...complete with authentic 5 second gaps of silence when winning a race ;)

On a serious note though, if EA were to get it then it would probably be the end of (rumoured) development on rFactor 2 . I've never actually played a ubisoft game but codemasters made the "Driver" series for the playstation which was excellent, but not too sure how that experience would transfer across to an F1 game.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy