GT5P

Posted by Peat 
GT5P
Date: March 31, 2008 01:58PM
Posted by: Peat
Now, i dont own a playstation, or this game, but i did play it for a few hours last night.

Visually very lovely indeed. Lots of nice features.

Physics were very dissapointing even when compared to the demo. But then i turned off all aids and set the physics to 'proffesional' and it then seemed to feel like driving an automobile again, and quite nicely too.

Now, the main draw, Online racing. Having raced sims online for years, i thought i'd seen the worse wreckers known to man. But oh dear, its actually unplayable. Unless you streak ahead very quickly, you will NOT have a clean race. The place is full of idiots at the moment and i can only see it getting worse. I will add though, i could only access the 'beginner' races as the mate whose PS3 it is, is actually rubbish at it. He just USED me to win him some online races. I feel so dirty.

FIN.

Any thoughts?

Re: GT5P
Date: March 31, 2008 03:05PM
Posted by: montoya6k
i just stick with my old gt4 + dfp wheel set,ill get ps3 and gt on 2010 when i got money hahah!

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: April 01, 2008 02:41AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Peat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now, the main draw, Online racing. Having raced
> sims online for years, i thought i'd seen the
> worse wreckers known to man. But oh dear, its
> actually unplayable. Unless you streak ahead very
> quickly, you will NOT have a clean race. The place
> is full of idiots at the moment and i can only see
> it getting worse. I will add though, i could only
> access the 'beginner' races as the mate whose PS3
> it is, is actually rubbish at it. He just USED me
> to win him some online races. I feel so dirty.

lol! your surprised? thats common to console racing games, the only games where online racing actually works is FlatOut and Motorstorm, mainly due to the fact that the aim of the game is to race dirty!

Online's finally started to work for me, still ain't raced though as I'm just mucking about on SP

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 02:41AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 01, 2008 06:38PM
Posted by: Johnny
I have to agree there are some stupid people on there, i did two online races around Daytona and both times there was a multi car crash where people were just all over the road aiming for other cars lol

MorbidRobbo: Xbox Live and PSN ID

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 06:43PM by Johnny.
Date: April 01, 2008 09:21PM
Posted by: IWE
I havent even bothered to try online game.. Penalties are enought worse even in single player mode and I have been surfing enought on PS forums to know how noobish people are in this scene. #1 thing in their life is saying how much better GT5 is if compared to any other game and saying how how realistic handling is compared to what it looks like when their father is driving them to school at morning.

Last similiar game wich I tried did spread to 2 differentkind people: The ones who race seriously but when somebody is faster than them they end race and the ones who crashes and drives most of time to wrong direction.. :S

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 04, 2008 11:34AM
Posted by: TC
"Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that a "major update" is coming for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue later this year, which will add among other things long-awaited vehicle damage."

[www.computerandvideogames.com]

I would imagine it will just be damage you can feel rather than see, but at least it is something.
Date: April 04, 2008 12:06PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Unless its a damage model like Burnout Paradise's (Which it won't be) ain't really interested in damage :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2008 12:10PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 05, 2008 08:55AM
Posted by: montoya6k
i would like to see that they will implement when the car is damage it will affect the performance of car and the real simulator should include tire puncture, and mostly a car can't survive from gravel to road most in open wheel it will call simulator it they include this,cuz this try simulate closely to actul

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: April 07, 2008 05:56PM
Posted by: JV Fan
I'm holding off on GT5 until I know what they are doing with the damage. It just seems to me they are more concerned about filling the game with cars (a lot rubbish and pointless) and have no idea what a 'racing' game is about. Although it'd be good, I don't care about cosmetic damage. What's the point if you can still barrel into a corner without any real consequence? I want the tension of knowing that a bad hit or stupid overtake can end my race. GT however seems to want to be an accessible driving game to cater for the tuning enthusiasts rather than the sim enthusiasts.

It also badly needs real time weather. Even TOCA2 years ago managed this to a certain extent.
Date: April 08, 2008 08:50AM
Posted by: IWE
Filling the game with lots of allkind cars is maybe biggest reason why I like this game. It gives big laugh when your Daimler Motor Carriage cannot climb up starting straight of Laguna Seca.. ;) And you forget fact that also gt4 was called "The Real Driving Simulator" instead of for example Live for Speed - Online racing simulator.

Atleast full game will get somekind "weather effects" wich sounds really positive.. I liked wet tracks also in GT4(I hope Im not mixing versions in my head), but amount of those wet tracks were pretty limited and ways to use those even more limited.

Any yep. Changing weather in some of TOCA game were lovely. I dont think it have worked so well in any other game till now. Trying to stay on track wich is getting more slipery and planning when to do pitstop and desiding wichkind tires should be taken. :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 09, 2008 10:15PM
Posted by: Shaddix
GT5 could go totaly hardcore if they want, but it's still a console racer, market isn't big enough to spend millions on developing a sim racer, sim racers will always loose from games like GT on consoles...

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: April 13, 2008 08:04PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Apparently, car damage and customisation are both to be downloadable options. I'm just going to hold out until 2009 when the full version comes out with all the bells and whistles.

All this talk of TOCA 2 takes me back. I remember whacking up the gear ratios at every race to get 150mph out of my Laguna. I feel so old.

Date: April 25, 2008 05:39PM
Posted by: bestobritish
jbnd05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> All this talk of TOCA 2 takes me back. I remember
> whacking up the gear ratios at every race to get
> 150mph out of my Laguna. I feel so old.

:-) Good times! I used up so many hours of my life playing that game!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy