rFactor vs Live For Speed

Posted by Anonymous User 
rFactor vs Live For Speed
Date: March 02, 2008 04:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
So. Which is best?

I've only played rFactor, but I have heard (and seen) that the physics are better on Live For Speed.

I'll be honest with you, I tend to race open wheelers more than anything, and I love the challenge of racing on different circuits, and I think that is what makes rFactor so special in that there is a seemingly endless supply of different circuits.

But the game is marred by awful AI, and the worst bit is that the wheels on open wheel cars have no collision detection, which makes close, wheel to wheel racing largely pointless.

Does LFS suffer the same problems? What aspects would you say are different or better than on rFactor? ARE the physics better?

Opinions please!
Re: rFactor vs Live For Speed
Date: March 02, 2008 11:28PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
This thread is going to be a cluster-f**k of opinions which will turn into an argument. There is no point in reading any opinions or replies because there arguments for both.

You own rFactor, and LFS has a free demo. Download the Demo and see. It is obviously a limited content Demo, but it has no time limit and it has a good variety of cars. Get that and judge it for yourself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 02, 2008 11:31PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"This thread is going to be a cluster-f**k of opinions which will turn into an argument."

What the @#$%& are you talking about, you @#$%& @#$%&!

Only kidding...

Yes. Well argued, Sir. My PC is in the repair shop at the minute (hence the CART Racing thread) so I will have to wait until I get it back. Then I'll give it a shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2008 11:32PM by loque.
Date: March 02, 2008 11:50PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Dave's right, the best thing to do is download the demo. Especially as it now includes the Formula BMW so you can get a taste for a single seater in LFS. Personally I own both rFactor and LFS; both are far from perfect in the physics department but I personally far prefer LFS, it feels a more natural drive to me.
Date: March 02, 2008 11:59PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I enjoy both, but prefer LFS and find myself playing it much more. All down to personal taste I think.

Date: March 03, 2008 02:37AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
LFS has far better feedback compared to rFactor, and the cars actualy look how they should in replays.

I prefer LFS, even with its physics and crash bugs mainly due to the feedback you get from the car.

Date: March 03, 2008 05:53PM
Posted by: chet
Just downloaded the new S2 demo because I had only had S1 and its really good lol.
£24, I might just try get it when I get some money lol.
On the demo, just to get finish the tasks in Pro is really quite addictive lol. It looks good and still runs well too supprisingly! well good enough for my and my system!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy