Random videos (56k warning)

Posted by gav 
Random videos (56k warning)
Date: May 02, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: gav
No point in this at all, but last night I was a bit bored waiting on the footy, so I cut this vid from GPL to test my new web space out, (which supposedly has unlimited bandwidth... there'll be a catch, but meh. For the cost I can't complain, so it's best to push it). The Le Mans 24hrs is coming around again in June, and I've got something special planned (whether it's feasible or not is another matter!), so this is just me testing things :P

Last night 4 of the VaderTrophy guys, bored, headed out for a little fun race, an all-Cooper affair at Monza... well apart from 1 in a Brabham.

Looking at this I must have had bent steering, but I can't remember it... perhaps that would explain the rather large lock-up into the Parabolica... no? Oh well :P

Onboard with me, as it would be choopy riding on any other car - Graham's in the green and yellow Brabham, Kevin Williams (skel) in the blue Cooper and Neil Stratton (Glyn) in the green Cooper. I've cut this video early to avoid total embarrassment to Glyndo, who's about to chop right in front of me - backwards - into the 1st Lesmo :P

35mb, XviD, 960x430, 1:16, right-click > save target as

Also an uber high-res, high quality version (you will need a fast PC to view this)

(I wasn't going to post a 1920x860 pic!)
180mb, H.264, 1920x860, 1:16, right-click > save target as
To view H.264 videos, I'm made a crude, quick installation guide here
Re: Random videos (56k warning)
Date: May 03, 2007 01:04PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
awww gav, why cant we seen glyn being a n00b? come on post it!

good racing but, really liked how u went from 1st to 4th then back to 1st in 2 corners. would have been lots of fun.

Date: May 03, 2007 02:45PM
Posted by: Glyn
I was surprised Gav didn't show me being a n00b too :P It was quite an impressive move - sailing down the inside, backwards, overtaking everyone before smashing into the wall :D

Date: July 12, 2007 10:58AM
Well, the guys, all four of us, revisited Monza last night, for another all-Cooper battle. Always provides fun. :D

From our 2nd race (I think we had 4 or 5 short races), this is the battle between Neil (Glyn) and I, with Rich (richardd) (red Cooper) and Stu (cynic) ahead, just as close.[URL="[url]http://www.thisisgav.co.uk/tmp/monza_coopers_close_2007-07-11.avi"[/url];][img]http://www.thisisgav.co.uk/tmp/monza_coopers_close_2007-07-11.jpg[/img][/URL]
100mb, 960x428, 3:12, XviD, right-click, save target as, etc.

I got a bit of a whack (just a warp tap) in the 1st Lesmo, but clean other than that. And no, I don't know why my wheel was turned ever-so-slightly left either.

I love that Cooper setup I have. Excluding that Parabolica cockup, I can place the car where-ever I want on the track, and it just does as I want. I like the gearing too - it's naff at the start, but using only 3 gears suits it - strange for the car with the least power, but it must have some torque somewhere. I usually find the Cooper fun to drive (which is why it's normally recommended for beginners), but an absolute bitch to drive fast - it tends to develop tendencies worse than the Lotus when you're really caning it, in my experience, but this one is quite playful, even beyond the edge.
Date: July 12, 2007 06:58PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
haha at the end - I don't think I've ever managed to do that before! Or was it deliberate? The @#$%& scary thing about parabolica for me is I dunno really how to tell if you are locking your brakes or just screeching the tyres (cos iirc the sounds are the same?) and so you can end up braking and not slowing down in time at all, into a fiery hedge death :D

H E L L O
Date: July 12, 2007 08:25PM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha at the end - I don't think I've ever managed
> to do that before! Or was it deliberate?

LOL, no, certainly wasn't deliberate. Can't say I spin coming into corners often - usually on exit - so it caught me out big time. It was the fronts which were locking last night.
Date: July 13, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Lol you see I have no idea the wheels are locking - they don't stop spinning round. I'm just suprised it span so violently lol - you must have really braked hard! I see what you mean about the cooper on the edge is just as bad if not worse than the lotus lol.

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy