PES5

Posted by Wirah 
PES5
Date: January 09, 2006 08:44PM
Posted by: Wirah
Is there a type of megapatch that updates all kits/players to the real thing?

Re: PES5
Date: January 09, 2006 09:51PM
Posted by: MarcLister
I don't play PES5 but a mate of mine does. He suggests checking out [www.pesinsight.com], [www.pesfan.com] and [forums.evo-web.co.uk] for patches and updates.
Date: January 10, 2006 01:45AM
Posted by: Enjoi
I go on [www.socceraccess.com], there's quite a lot of stuff on there, it's more of a general footie game site thatn the ones MarcLister suggested though. Still, lots of PES5 stuff!
Date: January 18, 2006 10:25AM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Why PES never has real kits? When will they get licence? It is better game than fifa but sucks with kits and fake player and team names.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: January 18, 2006 10:33AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Because EA have so much money,. and have the license for so many years.

PES is so much better it doesnt matter to me that a few team names are wrong.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 18, 2006 01:27PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
pes5 does have real kits, just not for all teams, especially international ones - for some obscure reason they only have real international ones for south korea and japan - I have no idea why that is though :S

H E L L O
Date: January 18, 2006 01:55PM
Posted by: matthewp
Well its a Japanese game so that bits not really surprising. Although not doing the proper kits for international teams they have got the license for is just lazy.
PES has so much potential as the gameplay is far better than FIFA, but the presentation let's it down in so many areas, its still easily the best option but could be so much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2006 01:56PM by matthewp.
Date: January 18, 2006 02:01PM
Posted by: b-tone
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because EA have so much money,. and have the
> license for so many years.
>
> PES is so much better it doesnt matter to me that
> a few team names are wrong.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Christo

i've mentioned it before, but if you have the license theres no need to faff about with making it playable. it'll sell without all that wasted money making the game good

____
Tony

Date: January 18, 2006 03:08PM
Posted by: fongu
i think i'm becoming a bit obsessed with this game... can never beat wigan in the league :';(

Date: January 18, 2006 05:10PM
Posted by: Abstraction
can't you just update with some custom rosters?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: January 19, 2006 04:00AM
Posted by: Guimengo
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think i'm becoming a bit obsessed with this
> game... can never beat wigan in the league :';(
>
>

Oh Kev, what am I going to do with you ;)
Date: January 19, 2006 06:53AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
I just got the game and its awesome *random spam*
I can barely beat Bolton on 3 star! (I use my own made team with people like Joe cole, van persie, woodgate, greening etc).

Date: January 19, 2006 07:37AM
do you try dribbling or do you pass the ball and then attack down a corner to break the defense? Or neither? ;)
Date: January 19, 2006 11:54AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
you can't play how you did in PES4.

In PES4, you could dribble around a few players, throughball down the centre, shevchenko chases and scores. In 5, you can't dribble. The first touch is difficult, so dribbling isnt easy.

But in football, you never really see much dribbling anyway, so its more realistic. You have to pass it around in a positive way, and like Gui says, use the flanks, and cross the ball in a lot.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 19, 2006 12:10PM
In 5 I find if you can get the ball down the flanks really quick on a counter, a driven cross across the ground (tap cross 3 times) can work well, in 4 I never once got that cross to work but have loads of times in 5.
Its also a lot easier to score from distance in 5 which I found almost impossible in 4.

Date: January 19, 2006 09:06PM
I think 5 is miles easier than 4 to score and do anything in general! First time I picked up the game on the PS2, about 5 months since the last time I played 4 in the PC, I was giving my addicted friends a pretty tough challenge, only losing 1x0 using Zaragoza against teams like Real Madrid, Milan, and Chelsea! The first game I played against the AI, using Zaragoza again (all in order to score goals with Sávio ;)), I defeated better teams. Mind you it was only 4 stars, but then I put 5 stars and used a better team, but never lost!
Date: January 20, 2006 12:04AM
I think 5 is miles easier than 4 to score and do anything in general!

you are joking!?
In 4 you can pick the ball up in you're own half with Ronaldinho and happily run through to score, the control and dribbling is way too easy as is really quick passing. All of those are much more difficult in 5 as is tackling, the only aspect 5 is easier is that the shots are slightly better and the keepers slightly worse in some situations (both more realistic IMO)

Date: January 20, 2006 12:15AM
Well I found it easier to score and overall the game is better, much more enjoyable as we get to use our tactics and strategy to the fullest :). I can't wait until the day I have a better PC, maybe even at home, so I can get the latest version and play on sweet graphics Bc)
Date: January 20, 2006 12:17AM
Is 5 really more demanding on you're PC than 4? wouldnt have thought so they dont look very different.

Date: January 20, 2006 01:03AM
I just don't want to spend another 30-40 dollars on something that will be basically what I already have and still have to finish. I'll just wait until there's a better PC at home so I can play when I'm off from uni.

You've probably seen my screenshots, you can understand what I mean :P. And by the way, I actually think that it's no harder to dribble from your area to the other area in PES 5 than 4, done so with Sávio while playing with Zaragoza, and even easier with Ronaldinho. It's just a matter of timing and knowing how to position yourself and where to go in the field.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy