The Flanker is gone. :(
Re: Falcon 4: Allied Force
Date: June 25, 2006 02:43AM
Posted by: gin
i fly a plane in battlefield 2 sometimes....but i crash a lot :-/

Date: June 25, 2006 03:05PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Falcon 4? Sheesh I might still have that somewhere, the one in the Korean theater, think it was based on the F16C? Can't remember, quite a good game even if the graphics were truly awful ;)
Date: June 25, 2006 05:59PM
Posted by: smorr
AF is the new, slightly updated to be stable reincarnation of F4. That copy of F4 Can be modded up into most anything, with various planes and pits.

Date: June 25, 2006 08:46PM
Posted by: Lex
Is Falcon 4.0 Allied Force worth buying? I'd like to know 'cause I'd have to buy a joystick too.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: June 26, 2006 01:28PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I bought it. But god, I don't have time to learn to fly an F-16! I'm always confronted by the disc in my games section, but then think of that manual....and in the disc box it stays. Way too hardcore for me, and I hate arcade games! LOL.

Date: June 26, 2006 02:58PM
Combat Flight sim 2 was as far as I got. Mind you, I did kick ass in that game, give me a Hellcat and I'd shoot you up, 30ft from the ground, upside down ;)
Date: June 26, 2006 06:14PM
Ah comeon, its not that hard to learn, its just hard to survive!

CFS2 Ruled! i really need another WW2 simulator, anyone got one to recemmend? and dont say IL2 or PF. I have those, i hate those.

Date: June 26, 2006 07:10PM
CFS3 is actually quite good. The graphics are a huge step up, and you can fly a fat bomber and launch torps @ Destroyers and Battleships :)

You can play as the Brits, Americans or Germans, and you get jet craft for each too ;-)
Date: June 26, 2006 08:08PM
May have to look at CFS3. Get to fly a Spit and a 'stang, 2 of my favorites...

Date: June 30, 2006 05:04PM
Posted by: Glyn
CFS 1 - Sopwith camel deathmatch - need I say more :D

Date: July 04, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Have F4 Allied Force, its way better than the original, you get Italy and the Balkans as well as Korea, it is a helluva lot more stable than the original, which seemed to be trying for some Error Message record or summat. The graphics are much improved plus you can carry nukes on your F-16 which is of course ridiculous but at the same time scary.

Of course it is incredibly hard to learn. I have the A-A radar mode nearly off, but A-G is still nigh on impossible for me. Staying alive is pretty troublesome too. Its not too hard to avoid the radar guided missiles, but its the heat seekers that just pop out of nowhere that i cannot seem to get around, not to mind the odd SAM thrown in for good measure. My time has been devoted to SimCity 4 a lot recently though, so i'm hoping now that i've a bit of time that i can make the jump to Falcon 4, get a bit of training in and start my first 100% campaign in August sometime! :P
Date: July 04, 2006 02:16PM
Radar? I prefer seeing the whites of their eyes and blowing them to bits with 6 50cal browning machine guns :P
Date: July 05, 2006 12:44AM
Its probably a hell of a lot easier too.....:)
Date: July 05, 2006 10:26AM
Posted by: gav
Glyn Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CFS 1 - Sopwith camel deathmatch - need I say more :D

Hell yeah - CFS rocked... still have that actually, and CFS2, and 3, hmm...

Still CFS (any of them) is as far removed from simulation as Colin McCrae Rally is from NASCAR Racing 2003. As simulations go, IL-2 Sturmovik is far, far more advanced - different league.

It depends what you're after - CFS isn't really arcade as such, but it's very basic in its implementation of a simulation. It's more 'fun' than realism. IL-2 is the opposite - sitting at home, you'll not get much more realistic in 40s air combat.
Date: July 05, 2006 11:10AM
Yeah I've got IL-2, could never get to grips with it. Mind you, it would help if I could run it on this completely crap machine I've got with decent frame rates but oh well ;)
Date: July 05, 2006 08:50PM
Falcon 4 is pretty much as real as you get.(Might as well bring back the old sig while we're talking about it!) There is even a plane start-up option, where you start your mission with the plane off, sitting on the ground, and you have to go through the 20 minute procedure of just starting up the blimming thing, flicking a whole load of tiny buttons, listening to the engine to know when to flick which switches. That kind of madness. :)

Give me Fury 3 anyday!!!! How simple life was back then :L

Date: July 06, 2006 11:47AM
Fury was bloody awesome, I have a demo of it on a Win95 CD somewhere *digs out CD to play Fury 3* ;)
Date: July 06, 2006 10:59PM
Wish i could still play. Don't have the cd, and anyways doubt it'd work on my computer now. Twas the only game i ever finished!! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy