Problem with Battle for Middle Earth 2....

Posted by Razorsedge 
Problem with Battle for Middle Earth 2....
Date: April 02, 2006 08:25AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Hey guys, maybe someone can explain this for me...

Instaled the DVD version(one disk) of Battle For Middle Earth 2 today, and went to start the game, then I get a message:

'This application has failed to start because D3DX9_27.DLL was not found. Re-installing may fix this problem.'

Well, I re-installed but still the same thing. Can anyone tell what this DLL file might be, or point me in right the direction to fix it,(is it hardware related?)

Cheers all.

Re: Problem with Battle for Middle Earth 2....
Date: April 02, 2006 08:53AM
Posted by: gav
Either your graphics card is incapable of running it (if it's a DX9 only game, and you don't have a DX9 capable card).

Or DirectX is corrupt. Download and install this (the latest DirectX Feb 2006 update) and report back: [www.microsoft.com]
Date: April 02, 2006 11:45AM
Cheers gav, it must have been DirectX, I re-installed 9.0c and everything works as it should.

Date: April 02, 2006 01:57PM
Posted by: chet
Whats the difference between 1st and 2nd games?!

Is it worth getting the 2nd?? The first was very good, if a little repetitive.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 03, 2006 06:41AM
Hey,

the difference seems to be that the armies are better balanced with more options. You can build most structures anywhere you like, and things go up (and come down) quicker. after just a few skirmish matches, it looks and plays a lot better than then the first game. I already consider it worth the price. Think of it as a really expensive up-grade of the first game that appears to do everything the first game did, only better, faster and brighter/darker. The extra races will give this a long life.

Cheers.

Date: April 06, 2006 10:36PM
Posted by: Rams
Razorsedge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey,
>
> the difference seems to be that the armies are
> better balanced with more options. You can build
> most structures anywhere you like, and things go
> up (and come down) quicker. after just a few
> skirmish matches, it looks and plays a lot better
> than then the first game. I already consider it
> worth the price. Think of it as a really expensive
> up-grade of the first game that appears to do
> everything the first game did, only better, faster
> and brighter/darker. The extra races will give
> this a long life.
>
> Cheers.
>

I've been playing BFME 1 a LONG time (too long, really :P ) and it only got balanced in Feb this year with the 1.03 patch (just before BFME 2, ironicly enough). I work on a forum where the EA guys tend to release the information about the games, and believe me from what I've heard the balance in BFME 2 is a joke. BFME 1 still has quite a few bugs, but is very enjoyable to play. The number of people online initally went down when BFME 2 came out, but has since doubled. I'd stick with BFME 1 for now like me until they sort number 2 out. Considering it took well over a year for them to sort 1 out, it might be a while yet :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2006 10:36PM by Rams.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy