GP4 VS GTR

Posted by luke001 
GP4 VS GTR
Date: January 07, 2006 04:15AM
Posted by: luke001
hey guys,

What do you think is better/most realistic game to play.

GP4 or GTR ???

I think GTR because of the handling, Damage, car performance, AI cars and just the overall package that it gives you.

Post what you think is better and why..
Re: GP4 VS GTR
Date: January 07, 2006 04:16AM
Posted by: SchumiBoy2
hahahaahhaah! wrong place to come mate! GP4 all the way!
Date: January 07, 2006 04:29AM
Posted by: gav
GP4 feels right.
GTR looks right.

GP4 (so long as EVERY aid is disabled) for me. GTRs lack of feel being it's downfall. And the fact that it's @#$%&.
Date: January 07, 2006 04:57AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

eh GTR demo was okay, but i never bought the game, didnt do enough for me to BUY it.
GP4 is stunning, it looks great, the physics are a bit pish, feels like your dirinv on a railway line, but its by far the best F1 sim around.

anyway NR2003 rules them both ;)

Date: January 07, 2006 09:37AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I'd have said GP4 looks right and GTR feels right. The GTR game has that awful EA sports floaty look. Yuk.

The AI are miles better in GP4 too.

But rF blitzes them both :)

Date: January 07, 2006 11:30AM
Posted by: pankykapus
:)
I have both I play both I enjoy both.
Date: January 07, 2006 11:31AM
Posted by: chet
from experience of both:

GTR well when u loose it, the chances are u do loose it.
with GP4 u can feel the car sliding, as in rfactor
but im a keys so cant judge realism :)

i think its the threshold between understeer entering a corner and snap over-steer exiting.

for me gp4 portrays this better

but cant really compare the two. i mean ones a f1 game the others not. best comparing gtr to nr2003 or rfactor.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 09, 2006 11:53AM
Posted by: b-tone
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 ... the physics are
> a bit pish, feels like your dirinv on a railway
> line

i've never really had that feeling. and its very easy to edit the physics anyway.
1995 can be a bit trainish, but only with the TC on, which it shouldn't be. and when its off a sub2 minute lap for me is pretty good :)

so for me GP4 is soooo good i wont even try gtr ;-)

____
Tony

Date: January 09, 2006 02:11PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
GTR Ai doesnt work
GTR Net code doesnt work
GTR hot lapping doesnt work

So theres nothing you can really do in the game.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 09, 2006 06:24PM
Posted by: Forgotten
lol "nothing works" but even then the best drivers are racing/raced there. how can you explain that ?

about gp4 , I was a fanboy once but I gotta say , it´s one of the worst games I´ve played with a Wheel. for some reason it feels so much as I am on the rails, when I turn the steering help off, I can´t drive simple as that, when I have no problems in playing in every other game.
I dont have gp4 anymore , but I´m guessing it´s because I didnt setup something correct.

last year I played f1c , it felt much better tbh , you all say there isnt a well done feeling but strangely I have no problems with that, I know what I am doing and I know how will the car react. I also played gtr , no problems too , only the fact I dont really like those cars and now I play rfactor, imo the best of all I´ve played , but about all those "feelings" you all say lol, you can´t feel the front , or whatever... I guess it´s due to my poor wheel

I made edits to correct the english.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 06:30PM by Forgotten.
Date: January 09, 2006 06:30PM
Posted by: matthewp
For me this question is like having a debate of burning to death Vs Suffocation ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 06:30PM by matthewp.
Date: January 09, 2006 06:33PM
lol true. but imho it´s a debate that shouldnt exist, those 2 are totally different type of games , one for f1 and another for GT.
Date: January 09, 2006 06:35PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
ol "nothing works" but even then the best drivers are racing/raced there. how can you explain that ?

Explain what?

The GTR Netcode is buggy. When someone joins a game everyones game hangs for a split second, but long enough to make sure it causes a massive accident. The pace car often warps through the field, destroying everyone it touches. It nominates the same garage space to more than 1 car, so when your both in the garage your cars explode into a shower of random parts. And even without those problems, the code itself is worse then LFS, NR2003, NR2002, and GPL, which wasnt even meant to work online and is something like 7 years old now!

GTR is based on endurace racing. Something it cant simulate. The AI Cant lap the slower cars. Best example is the Spa 24hr race. If you have multiclass racing (which is what GTR is about), then you cant lose the race. Even in the slowest car you will make up around 5 seconds a lap on the leaders when they meet an AI Car.

Hot lapping doesnt work because the track gets faster and faster as the session goes on, so if your sad enough to sit there for 6 hours with the AI going round, you'll get a much faster time than someone whos there for 15minutes hot lapping himself. Also, around 25% of GTR hot laps are warp laps. I nkow this because im still an admin on GTRank and keep having to clean out hotlaps from people who clearly arent capeable of produing the times GTR claimed they did.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 09, 2006 06:39PM
about the pauses , yeah it´s bad , but as long as it doesnt happen on the race , it´s more than ok for me

"The pace car often warps through the field, destroying everyone it touches"

wow lol , what a bug !

everything else is enough to keep me out of it
Date: January 09, 2006 08:06PM
Forgotten Wrote:
> lol "nothing works" but even then the best drivers
> are racing/raced there. how can you explain that ?

Raced. Huttu raced it. For about a week. As I did. As Dave did. When nothing got fixed, everyone of note moved back to NR2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 08:06PM by gav.
Date: January 09, 2006 09:12PM
about a week ? lol he won the FILSCA GTR Championship in front of Virtual-Games driver Roland Ehnström ...

edit :I forgot to say driver after Virtual Games

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2006 09:39PM by Forgotten.
Date: January 09, 2006 10:06PM
LOL, It was a generalisation... not an exact scale...

Huttu, Towler, Ehnstrom, Wilke. They're all NR2003 drivers, though Huttu has moved onto rFactor in the past few months.

I myself raced it for around a month. When the patches that came and went solved nothing, and only introduced more problems, we all moved on (or backwards in most cases).

GTR2 will be infinately better. If GTL is anything to go by, it might work.
Date: January 09, 2006 11:09PM
ah , damn ! :P
Date: January 10, 2006 03:00AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
gav Wrote:

> GTR2 will be infinately better. If GTL is anything
> to go by, it might work.

for your sake gav, i hope your right ;)

Date: January 10, 2006 10:30AM
so do I lol , I already used all the 3 activations I bought for rfactor , due to problems with my computer ... now I can´t play it ... lets wait for the next game then :/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy