Nascar Racing 2003 Season (PC)

Posted by [FIN]Räkä 
Nascar Racing 2003 Season (PC)
Date: November 19, 2005 10:16PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Just a few questions about this game:

1. How can I select a car? I always have the same car when I start the race.
2. Why there isn't any damaged cars on the track during the Caution period?
3. Why I can't save the settings? I alwas have to redefine keys at first. :(
Re: Nascar Racing 2003 Season (PC)
Date: November 19, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

1. go into player info and change ure car there...
2. the ai just dissapears if there to damaged to continue or rejoin the cue under yellow.
3. i dont know...

Date: November 20, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
i can buy this game for $66 NZD ($45USD) is it worth it? I have seen it on ebay for $128NZD. Does it have a cdkey for online play? Im worried that if i buy secondhand they might still have a copy so i cant play online. I have seen a small video of a car around watkins glen and it looks awesome. And the GTP mod looks great.
Date: November 20, 2005 11:23PM
Posted by: Guimengo
You may as well wait a bit longer for the next iRacing game to come out, Sil3nt-War! But some guys here will say this game is still worth buying for that much, and mention some CTP mod
Date: November 20, 2005 11:51PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Wait for iPricks? After they sued there fans? F**K THAT. iRacing can go screw themselves

NR2003 is still currently the best, most advanced, and most accurate simulation you can buy today. GTP mod betters it further if ovals arent your thing

btw, on the subject of iRacing the current word is the law suit agaisnt OWRacing is going very well for modders, very well indeed. Hopfully iRacing will just f**k off and die and not come back.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2005 11:53PM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 21, 2005 12:26AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
sueing fans just means everyone will pitch in $1 to buy one game that gets whor3d out over the internet and im ok with that ;)
Date: November 21, 2005 01:47AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I'm missing the point of that last post....

Date: November 21, 2005 12:50PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

well one person buys the game, everyone else downloads that one bought copy.

Date: November 21, 2005 04:42PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Ah, I have never heared the word whor3d used in that context :).

Date: November 23, 2005 07:21AM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Thanks for the help. :)
Date: November 23, 2005 03:03PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Dave, thanks for your advice on the GTP mod. I've had the game for ages but haven't played it often becasue of my lack of interest in oval racing. I've now installed the GTP mod and (having a hell a lot of fun but) was hoping if you could help me with a couple of quick questions.

I understand there is only 4 AI cars when you install it, but is there any possibility of making it into a championship with at least 15 cars with 12 or more tracks?

Are there any other mods similar to GTP that reflect track racing but with single seater/road cars?

Thanks. :)

Date: November 23, 2005 04:04PM
Posted by: gav
You can install loads of tracks... most NR2003 tracks will work with a simple edit. You need to add a line to the track.ini file (or download an already altered one for that track), and copy 5 setup files across from any of the existing GTP track folders.

There's a lot more than 4 AI cars. The problem is there's only 4 AI chassis type (effectively Sauber, Jaguar, Toyota and Mazda, before iRacing.net got involved). There's skins for more than 4 cars though, and you can download additional cars from sites such as [www.gtpzone.com]

GTP comes into its own in endurance racing though... you'll know this if you've been following our monthly VTR endurance race threads... there'll be a rather big one popping up this coming weekend... Le Mans 24hrs.
Date: November 23, 2005 06:49PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

yeah it is "rather" big.

Date: November 23, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The tracki.ini and setups required for older tracks to work are usually on that GTP Zone site gav posted too

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy