rFactor will cost.......

Posted by Mini Maestro 
rFactor will cost.......
Date: August 18, 2005 10:22AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
[www.rfactor.net]
if you preorder they are the following prices...i expect the prices upon release will be the same.

24.99 GBP [Pounds]
$39.99 USD [Dollars]
34.99 Euros [Euros]
54.99 AUD [Aussie Dollars]
47.99 CAD [Mounty Dollars]
4,799 JPY [Yen]

:) nice solid price :)
Release should be imminent now....a whole two weeks too early for me ;) **does happy dance anyway**
Re: rFactor will cost.......
Date: August 18, 2005 10:43AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
yeah good prices considering we will have so many mods :)
Date: August 18, 2005 11:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
i thought the idea of rfactor was that it was free :o

____
Tony

Date: August 18, 2005 11:30AM
Posted by: JPM
Thats dirt cheap for us aussies

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 18, 2005 11:53AM
lol b-tone are you serious ?
Date: August 18, 2005 11:57AM
Posted by: b-tone
well i havent been following it at all, but thought it was free :p - what about addons, do they cost?

____
Tony

Date: August 18, 2005 12:05PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
No, addons are mods just like any other game (GP4, F1C, NR2003 etc.). The idea of rFactor is that the game is totally open for community modding. Track editing and car editing is supported by the developers

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2005 12:06PM
if you mean add-ons to add features to the game to make it more complete and all that I think it will be free
Date: August 18, 2005 12:17PM
Posted by: matthewp
If you're in the UK choose to pay in $, because of the conversion you save yourself just over £2 :P read it at RSC seconds after pressing pay :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2005 12:17PM by matthewp.
Date: August 18, 2005 12:18PM
Posted by: Karan19
hmm $48 CAD seems a bit high for a game which doesnt have a whole lot of marketing and publishing costs since its being released via download only. I remember paying $40 for F12002 just the week it came out. I was expecting a price of around $30-$35 max but I guess it should be worth it.

By the way does anyone know if tracks from F1C and other sims (eg N2003,GP4) will be allowed to get converted to RF without any copyright issues?

Date: August 18, 2005 12:25PM
Posted by: matthewp
Tracks from F1C wont be a problem because ISI made it and they make rfactor (although I guess EA could stop them being released, doubt they'd bother though) original tracks from nr2003 and GP4 wont be legal though, but addon tracks will be ok I guess. ISI have been keen to stress though that because of all the new technology in rfactor its much, much better to make a track from scratch for it.
As far as the price goes, thats the standard for a new game here if you order it online, you may usually get a cd and manual but I expect to be playing rfactor for the next couple of years so its a bargain :)
I'm also considering buying myself a FF wheel at long last, are there actually any viable options other than the momo?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2005 12:28PM by matthewp.
Date: August 18, 2005 12:36PM
@Karan , well if you are a person to have many mods in your computer I think you should buy rfactor :)
Date: August 18, 2005 01:17PM
If you even think about converting ANY NR2003 track iRacing will be knocking on your door with a court order.

I'm also considering buying myself a FF wheel at long last, are there actually any viable options other than the momo?

tbh, not really. Yeah there are other wheels, but none are anywhere near as good as the Momo. My Momo is annoying me though (especailly the pedals). Yeah Logitech replace it for free without asking any questions, but its still annoying.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2005 01:26PM
Posted by: JPM
Did you get that fix for your pedals, Dave? made by wingmanteam.com
Since installing them I havent had a problem with the brake coming on at all or recalibrating when using them.

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 18, 2005 01:28PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Lol dave, even the third party ones which iRacing have no copyright on (not that it stopped them sueing before, IIRC they started threatening when they had only applied to buy the copyright and didn't actually own it yet.)

I think £25 is a perfectly acceptable price for this game, you have to remember that they need to charge extra precisely because they havn't done any marketing. Rfactor will have such a small customer base compared to say, EA or Sony's F1 games, as it will be mostly serious simracers buying it rather than any old random who wants an F1 game, so they will have to have a higher profit margin to make enough money to pay the bills.

That said, I wouldn't mind paying more anyway since I know the money is going straight to ISI and not so some huge faceless corporation like EA or Sony.

Date: August 18, 2005 01:34PM
Posted by: senninho
It's £21.90 if you pay in Canadian dollars ;)

Date: August 18, 2005 01:45PM
Posted by: gav
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm also considering buying myself a FF wheel at
> long last, are there actually any viable options
> other than the momo?

BRD a bit steep? ;)

To be honest, I'm actively considering getting a none-FFB from BRD, then get the Speed7 wheel a few months after it's been released, once any problems are ironed out.

I will certainly be getting the Speed7 pedals as soon as I can afford them.

Unfortunately, from the high end of the budget sector, the MOMO Force has gone, and nothing has replaced it... you have to take a step back to the MOMO Racing Force or the Driving Force Pro, and I'm not at all keen on going backwards. I'd rather spend stupid money and get something slightly stunning.

I've not bought rFactor yet - waiting on those "other options", as my Paypal account died a week or 2 ago, and I'm not gonna bother reactivating it unless I absolutely need to.
Date: August 18, 2005 01:53PM

Posted by: JPM (IP Logged)
Date: August 18, 2005 01:26PM

Did you get that fix for your pedals, Dave? made by wingmanteam.com
Since installing them I havent had a problem with the brake coming on at all or recalibrating when using them.

It is a physical problame with the pots moving sideways. The pedal fix only fixes some small calibration issues, the pots moving causes throttle spikes and only 90% power at times. When i contact logitech they send me a new set of pedals for free. Well im on set 2 now and these are begining to act up too

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2005 02:29PM
Posted by: Glyn
If you want a bargain Matt I have a act labs force rs sitting there waiting to be used one day.

Date: August 18, 2005 02:44PM
Posted by: Karan19
@Dave - How long after buying your wheel did you ask Logitech to replace the pedals? Mine is about a year and a half old now and the pedals have been giving the same trouble (throttle pedal only reaching 80%-90% of its limit) since 4-5 months ago. I would try contacting them to replace it but not sure if its still covered.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy