F1 2015 (PC/XB1/PS4)

Posted by madotter 
F1 2015 (PC/XB1/PS4)
Date: July 07, 2015 06:22PM
Posted by: madotter

A STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE
A brand new game engine, built from the ground up for the latest consoles and PCs allows players to experience FORMULA 1TM in unprecedented detail.

THE MOST RELEVANT FORMULA 1 GAME YET
An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 videogame ever.

THE MOST INCLUSIVE F1 RACING EXPERIENCE EVER
Featuring a naturally authentic purely physics-based handling model with enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, F1 2015 is designed to be player inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series.

RACE LIKE A CHAMPION
With a pure racing focus, whether you are a novice racer playing on a gamepad or an experienced gamer playing with a wheel, the new handling model will allow you to race like a champion.

GET CLOSER TO F1 THAN EVER BEFORE
Harnessing the power of the new generation engine, with new voice interaction on consoles and new broadcast-style presentation, F1 2015 immerses the player in the sport like never before.

ALL THE THRILLS OF THE 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™
Honda returns and once again forms an alliance with McLaren, who also welcome back Fernando Alonso. Sebastien Vettel moves to Ferrari and, alongside a new generation of exciting young drivers on the grid, will attempt to halt the winning start Mercedes have made in the new era of FORMULA 1. The race calendar for 2015 also features a new circuit, with a return to Mexico for the first time in over 20 years.

NEW CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON
With new grid introductions and television-style broadcast presentation, the Championship Season is the most immersive FORMULA 1 experience yet. Can you beat your rivals and earn the adulation of the crowd as you celebrate on the podium?

NEW PRO SEASON
The ultimate challenge – can you master the game on its most realistic settings?

ONLINE PRACTICE & MORE
Hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session before challenging your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer.

BONUS CONTENT
Look back at last year’s exciting season and enjoy a fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ as bonus game content.

Go full screen and 1080p with this to see how beautiful it looks!

So are you excited about the release on Friday?

After playing F1 2014 and really enjoying it, I've pre ordered on Steam and have my Ferrari wheel ready and waiting!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2015 06:40PM by madotter.
Re: F1 2015 (PC/XB1/PS4)
Date: July 07, 2015 07:32PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Apparently no online co-op so its a no from me
Date: July 07, 2015 08:29PM
Yeah that does suck... No career mode either which is the biggest loss in my opinion, I'll miss working hard to get a drive with Ferrari. The championship mode will keep me occupied though. Apparently they wanted to add both of those features (after all, they were in 2014) but as the remade the who game from scratch and are releasing it now instead of September/October time, they just didn't have enough time to add those features in. Now they've remade the game, I think we'll see those modes back next year - or maybe even later in the year as a downloadable add on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2015 08:30PM by madotter.
Date: July 10, 2015 06:14PM
It is such a good game, I'm really impressed with the AI! They really do go for it, they make occasional mistakes and if you run wide or block them, they still attack rather than back off and fall in line.

I was in front of Hamilton out of the last corner at China and ran wide over the kerb, I went defensive as he went to move out to overtake me and he immediately went back to left and took me round the outside of turn 1! Very impressed, the AI do give you room without wimping out!

I recommend giving this game a try. I'm using a Ferrari 458 Thrustmaster wheel and the AI on legend.

Thanks,
Iain.
Date: July 14, 2015 12:55PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Yeah best effort so far - in terms of physics & AI from Codies. GFX up to 'next gen' standard (fps too on console, although PC never had issues of course before). In terms of the game elsewhere it's almost farcical - removed 75% of the options and game modes. But it's fun to play so I guess that kinda makes up for it?

I hope I'm not out of place, but I'm gonna put some of my vids in here instead of making a new thread.

Lemme know if I should bugger off elsewhere :P

As always getting used to a new game, my driving and setup wasn't as good a few days ago when these ones were filmed. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 12:58PM by ipswich2007.
Date: July 14, 2015 12:56PM
Some more :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2015 01:03PM by ipswich2007.
Date: July 15, 2015 11:56AM
Awesome videos ipswich2007!! :)
Date: July 15, 2015 12:14PM
Ta mate, driving and my setup has massively improved over 6 days this has been out.

Will share some more in the coming days. How are you finding the physics madotter?

Date: July 15, 2015 01:47PM
Some more 3 lappers;

Date: July 15, 2015 01:49PM
Few vids from when I did some multi the other day, set up not quite as refined as what I'm at now since then but still good.

Date: July 15, 2015 04:30PM
I'm really happy with the game, had some great battles with the AI. Everything has been put on hold as my 458 wheel is playing up so hopefully get that sorted and get back on it asap!!
Date: July 16, 2015 03:46AM
Ah bummer what happened?

This game is pretty ace with a pad though I have to say :p they nailed it

Date: July 16, 2015 11:36AM
Two of the buttons stopped working then the down shift paddle went intermittent... I've sent it back and am waiting on a refund, then I'll look at getting another one. Stuck on keyboard now :(
Date: July 16, 2015 03:29PM
:( that's a shame man, hope you get one sorted soon.

Date: July 16, 2015 05:06PM
I'm thinking of going for the Thrustmaster T100. As much as I'd love a TX, T300 or T500, I just can't justify that much money on a gaming accessory. Reviews seem excellent so I'll just wait for my refund and get one ordered!
Date: July 17, 2015 03:09PM
Posted by: SakuMiku
Is the damage like previous Codies F1 titles? Damage in they games always put me off if I'm honest, even if it is a minor part. The idea of having a crash out of the tunnel as a result of aquaplaning maybe, really appealled to me. Then the damage we get is maybe a lost front wing & a puncture maybe, which is ridiculous to me. I understand about licence constraints, but look at F1CE on PS3 eh....or I guess GP4 is the perfect example of how damage could be

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Date: July 17, 2015 04:58PM
The damage is a lot better, I won't say it's perfect though. You will loose bits off the front wing for a small touch, like some end plates which do effect the handling. Bigger crashes will lose the front wing and hard impacts will cause wheels and suspension to fly off.
Date: July 17, 2015 05:02PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
What are the online lobbies like, I heard that they were pretty quiet?

I think I'll get the game eventually, still don't have a next-gen console yet (or a good gaming PC) but will probably get a PS4 in a couple of months and get the game then.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 17, 2015 06:24PM
I have damage turned off personally :P Never ruins my enjoyment of the game, yeah it adds an extra dimension of course. But having crap or no damage doesn't cause me to turn it off.

Online lobbies are quiet because: they got rid of 'open lobbies'. You have traditional invite only lobbies still, in the usual style, but then you have these 'hoppers', which to be quite frank, are crap. Good for casual, or a one off - oo what's this, but it's unstructured and after a while will be dead as a dodo.
Dunno what was wrong with an 'open' invite only style lobby like we had in 2010-14, then you close it if you want to be with friends etc.

Also madotter, sounds good man, I'm thinking heavily about a T300GTE to replace my now obsolete, but still functional :( :/, Logitech G27.

Date: July 17, 2015 07:07PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Ah thanks for that, shame they removed the open lobbies though.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy