Wheel issue with Grand Prix 2

Posted by ReJ_40 
Wheel issue with Grand Prix 2
Date: August 16, 2013 06:49PM
Posted by: ReJ_40
Hi guys,

I recently re-installed Grand Prix 2. The game works fantastic, but when I calibrate my wheel (Logitech MOMO) the "dot" shakes significantly left and right.
When I drive, it causes the car to dart around left and right, making it difficult to keep the car in line (or on the road at all). I even dug up my old Logitech Wingman from ages ago that used to work in the Win 98 days.... and same issue.

This is not an issue in Grand Prix 3, Grand Prix 4, iRacing, rFactor or Live For Speed.

Any ideas? I run Win XP and play via DosBox (which works great otherwise) but can't seem to figure what is causing this.

You guys are a wealth of knowledge, so I would like to tap into your infinite wisdom for some help ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 06:50PM by ReJ_40.
Re: Wheel issue with Grand Prix 2
Date: August 17, 2013 03:38AM
Posted by: mortal
Can you create a new profile? Try that instead of what is in the setup menu. I do not have GP2 so I do not know what the menu looks like. Do the controls work on keyboard? It is definitely a game issue, but that doesn't help you much.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 23, 2013 05:50PM
Posted by: ReJ_40
Yeah, the keyboard works fine in the game. No issues there. It seems like only that specific combination.

Is there any other way to get GP2 running other than through DosBox (with Win XP)?
I remember using it before, but can't remember if it was on XP. The fact that DosBox is involved might be the glitch.
Date: August 23, 2013 08:47PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
ReJ_40 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, the keyboard works fine in the game. No
> issues there. It seems like only that specific
> combination.
>
> Is there any other way to get GP2 running other
> than through DosBox (with Win XP)?
> I remember using it before, but can't remember if
> it was on XP. The fact that DosBox is involved
> might be the glitch.

My old XP laptop would run GP2 fine without the need for DosBox if I remember correctly. This was several years ago though, so I can't really help at all I'm afraid :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 08:47PM by salvasirignano.
Date: August 23, 2013 11:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Look up when GP2 was released, then check which operating systems were in use. Then use that information for the compatibility mode outside of DosBox. It may require to run in W98. Surprising that GP2 still has fans after all this time. If it works, place [fixed] in your topic header. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 24, 2013 04:45PM
Posted by: quickslick
i still playing gp2 aswell and i'm using D-Fend reloaded instead of DosBox, it works much better. And you can try this tool of the link below. Maybe it helps you

[www34.zippyshare.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy