It's SNOWING! :)

Posted by EC83 
Re: It's SNOWING! :)
Date: January 07, 2010 01:00AM
Posted by: Monza972
got about 4cm down here. and as expected got myself into snow fights. even when i was meant to be doing my paid lunch duty ;)
Date: January 07, 2010 01:44AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
We got it bad down in Essex, hope it don't interfere with me goin back to uni on Saturday

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 07, 2010 02:07AM
Posted by: danm
thought id go our for an amusing bike ride.

ended up rolling two snowman bodies with my old housemate across the road, but then got into trouble when we couldnt roll them up the kerb after crossing the road with them lol. so we had to grudgingly smash them up.

and then we got into a snowball fight with some of the studenty kids in the malaysian takeaway 3 doors away. We lost. They have about 10 kids. and then one of them took a wee on my baseball bat after we played snow rounders accidently when i hid it in the bushes.

snow joke! true story! good times :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 07, 2010 03:11AM
lol, just saw this on the main university page. 'Send us your snow photos' and up came this little gem from Portsmouth Common...

Date: January 07, 2010 03:14AM
oh my, it seems there is a mass of penii across the seafront at portsmouth LOL

also, this was cool!

Date: January 07, 2010 03:49AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
it's the same dick dan, just a different moron giving it some love ;)

anyone see this on CH the other day? meant to throw it in here but totally forgot:
[www.collegehumor.com]

you poms are brutal....sit on an icey corner videoing it waiting for something like that to happen? friggin love it
Date: January 07, 2010 10:28AM
Posted by: LS.
If you look at at any university, its usually full of bellends ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 07, 2010 10:41AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you poms are brutal....sit on an icey corner
> videoing it waiting for something like that to
> happen? friggin love it

LOL! funny you mentioned that, this morning I heard a weird high pitch whirring, followed by crunching, whirring, crunching and so on, like some sort of giant optimus prime eating cheerios. some poor bloke was trying in vain to move his ford transit van that had got wedged overnight by the snow on the pavement, and then then ice kickup from the main road that froze into a sort of wedge on the other, causing his van to sit rigid.

I persevered for all of about say 20 seconds, before I peeped out. About 5 seconds later I contemplated running down and giving him a few strips of ply i have in my room, to give him a bit of grip to get out. Meh, too cold. So I opted to watch him for a good 10 minutes, eating bagels. Quite poetic really, given the chunky son-of-a-mother who was driving it. You'd have thought he was using a ps3 joystick controller the way it was sliding and pivoting on the front wheels lol.

To the ballet, folks!

Date: January 07, 2010 08:23PM
Posted by: LS.
Nasa pictures of Great Britain

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2010 08:43PM by LS..
Date: January 07, 2010 10:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Amazing pics, I emailed them to family in the UK, thanks. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 08, 2010 08:17AM
Posted by: gav
Icicle! Icicle!

A shot of my bedroom windows, with the icicle which was just over 1 metre high yesterday.... I didn't realise there was a bigger one just along though!

A shot for scale.
Date: January 08, 2010 08:25AM
Have the water pipes frozen yet?

Coldest city on Earth

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 08:27AM by mortal.
Date: January 08, 2010 09:31AM
Posted by: gav
High res version of LS's satellite image: [rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov] (6mb, 3400x4400)
Date: January 08, 2010 08:43PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Awesome stuff, I showed one of me mates these photos and he thought they were photohopped ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 08, 2010 09:18PM
it appears some of my classmates and our architecture tutor has built an igloo across from the giant penis. lol. it all happens on southsea common!

[www.port.ac.uk]

Date: January 08, 2010 11:12PM
That is brilliant. :-)

Date: January 09, 2010 11:48PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi guys. I just have to tell you what happened to me and my friends a couple of horus ago while we were on our way back home from our university meeting.

The information which is worth starting with is that we've had an extremely heavy snowfall in Poland today
We set out at 9:00 AM to Warsaw (130 km away from my hometown, which takes us about 1h 30 minutes to get there). We had some problems with the car getting stuck in snowdrifts but the trip was rather peaceful one (excluding the fact that our car hit our friend's fence as the driver hit the brakes too offensively).

The meeting finished at 18:15. We set out home at 18:40. After covering 3 quarters of the distance we reached the roads owned not by the country but by the districts. As a result, such roads are not cleaned up pretty often with bulldozers with ploughs. We got to the place from which it was impossible to drive even one meter forward. We've met about a dozen of people who got stuck, too. By the way, it was already 9:00 PM, dark as hell, cold as hell and crappy as hell...Well, we decided to get back to the way which was penetrable and which we already used a couple of minutes before. To do this, me and my tw friends had to push our car for about 200 metres backwards. We finally managed to get back on track (literally) and continued our journey home. To our surprise, the district roads were maintained better than our city roads which haven't been cleaned ever since the snowfall started. We had to drive one of our friends home to a village which is around 5 km away from my hometown. When we got there...we couldn't get back to the main road as we got stuck again. We had to remove snow from beneath the wheels. Well, we managed to dig ourselves out and happily got to the hometown. I said goodbye to my friend and went home. I took my pants off, took a glass of hot tea when I got a phone call: "Come here, please, I'm stuck right in front of my home's parking lot entry".That was my friend whom I siad goodbye a couple of minutes before. I had to put my wet socks and wet pants on again, took my dad and went to my friend's place (which is actually a 5-minute walk away). There was me, my friend and our fathers and we BARELY managed to push the car through the snowdrifts. I got home completely wet, starving, exhausted and three hours later than usually (at 11 PM, so 45 minutes ago). Actually, I should be going to Warsaw tomorrow but I decided to skruu it and to stay home. No fekking way!!!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 12:04AM by abdelkader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy