Your first car

Posted by ROBITUSSIN JR. 
Your first car
Date: December 01, 2008 02:19PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Ahh the memories, they say that the first car you have no matter how good it was is the one you remember the most. So what was your first car and why did you loved/hated it?

Mine was a 1991 Mazda Protege/Familia, exellent car with great handling and very reliable, never left me stranded and as soon as I sold it the transmission broke LOL. I liked the car so much that now I drive the same family of cars, a 2003 one great freaking cars I love Mazda's a Miata will be next. :)
Re: Your first car
Date: December 01, 2008 03:00PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Ahh if only I had a first car to talk about :(
I passed my test first time over two years ago, but have never needed or could have afforded a car.
Date: December 01, 2008 03:35PM
Posted by: senninho
Mine was a Mini Piccadilly, which was just a Mini 1000 with chrome bits and a radio ;)

Loved it to bits though; i've yet to meet someone who has driven an old Mini and not enjoyed it.

Date: December 01, 2008 04:48PM
Posted by: J i m
I had my sister's Yugo Tempo, but didn't actually drive it because ironically the insurance was sky high, after I passed my test I bought myself a Vauxhall Nova, after a couple of years that got stolen and burnt out, so from there I had a Volkswagon Jetta :( a Vauxhall Astra and now I have Ford Fiesta.
Date: December 01, 2008 04:51PM
Posted by: harjinator
i had a 1993 Ford Mondeo, 1.8 TD estate in silver. v nice, v comfortable, struggled on hills, was useful for sleeping in if i had a row with the gf.... then i got it MOTd and they quoted 1500 quid to fix all the faults on it(and that wa just parts!) so it went to the great car graveyard in the sky, and now i have a 1995 Corolla Sportif, which is a nightmare on insurance, but nippy as hell (when it's not drinking fuel...)

Next, an MR2, the one between the boxy one and when it became a hairdresser car... or poss an elise...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 01, 2008 05:16PM
Ahh the 1993-1997 ( I think) MR2 looks like a mini Ferrari, very cool car.
Date: December 01, 2008 06:13PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Only just passed my test so still driving my first car, Peugeot 306 1.9TD, superb little car atm! :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 01, 2008 06:45PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I drive a walrus

(google Mercury Sable GS 2004 in the dark red tone)
Date: December 01, 2008 07:26PM
Posted by: villej
My first car was a '88 Toyota Corolla SE 1.6, which I didn't like that much for one particular reason - The drivers seat gave me a backache every time I drove the thing for a little longer distance. Then I had a '99 Renault Scenic 2.0 for few years, and then I just recently downgraded to '97 1.6 Megane because I wanted to save in fuel costs.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: December 02, 2008 02:33AM
Posted by: gareth
My first car was one of these:

then one of these but in red:

and now one of these, but also in red and my alloys look better:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 02:34AM by gareth.
Date: December 02, 2008 06:14AM
Posted by: sasjag
1994 Renault Clio 1.2 in a bluey green colour, absolutely great to drive but was getting on and expensive

then got a 97 Pug 106 1.1 in cherry red which i adored, fantastic little car. head gasket blew and i had to get rid of it :(

then went back to a Clio, a 2000 1.2 in Silver. Great car to drive, but nothing but trouble...currently at the garage with a knackered clutch and crank sensor or coil pack

and have now got an 08 1.2 Punto Grande Stripes, which i love :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: December 02, 2008 09:18AM
Posted by: Sapo
One piece of Sapo-powered madness. Enough space in the back to cover my savings and two oranges (for the journey around the world I was doing with it, until my mother screamed it was time for dinner). Got it in 1988.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: December 02, 2008 11:44AM
Whats the engine in that monster Sapo?
Date: December 02, 2008 12:09PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I had a 1984 VK commodore. it was the best car i ever had. I had it 6 years, i only ever had 3 problems with it. i snaped the clutch cable, i blew the diff(my own doing however) and it had a hole in the top of the petrol tank. the third one is why i sold it. I loved that car so much. then 3 months ago i bought a 2006 VZ SV6 commodore. its a better car, but its not as unique as my VK and not as fun. :( (even with 4x the power and same fuel milage ha)

Date: December 02, 2008 12:45PM
Posted by: casabonka
Hmm Blown diff in a commo - cant imagine how you done that!

My first was a 89 Mitsubishi Magna - Executive (had a/c) I'd post a pic, but it makes me want to projectile

Similar to this
Date: December 02, 2008 01:09PM
Posted by: Sapo
ROBITUSSIN JR. schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whats the engine in that monster Sapo?

Like I said, it's an one bsp (Brake Sapo Power) engine ;)

But ofcourse I had (and prefered) also some remote controlled propulsion (mum or dad :D) More powerful and bigger range.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: December 02, 2008 01:14PM
Posted by: Stan
Mk1 Fiat punto for some months then i had a Hyundai Accident for 6 years and now i have a Celica

Date: December 02, 2008 02:32PM
Posted by: danm
my first car was so gay looking, in cadburys purple, L reg 1993-1994 Vauxhall Corsa.

Sold it for a £50 profit after owning it about a year.

Then bought a 1996 Seat Ibiza in blue. Immaculate car, and nippy. Wish I looked after it, sat on ym grandads farm unused for a year and a half and seazed up.

Now I have an eco-type-car. Peugeot 107, and I am thinking of getting it converted to dual-fuel gas next year.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 02:35PM by danm.
Date: December 02, 2008 03:38PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
my first/current car!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 02, 2008 05:10PM
Stan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mk1 Fiat punto for some months then i had a
> Hyundai Accident for 6 years and now i have a
> Celica

LOL I feel sorry for you if you had a Accent, horrible cars, I think only the Daewoos where worse. Its amazing how better Hyundai has gotten, from the Accent to surpassing Honda in worldwide sales.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy