UK

Posted by chet 
Re: UK
Date: November 07, 2005 07:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
They arent, but the graphs and facts that get shown on the news at 2am often say different.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 07, 2005 08:17PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
It's well recognised that British (or UK, not a huge difference though) productivity is far lower than in many other countries including the US and Germany. Productivity isn't something that you can get an appreciation of by looking at one building site or company, or looking at one set of methods etc. It's a complex economic measure that incorporates countless calculations on all sorts of things. It's a national thing. You can only appreciate it though comprehensive statistics. Brown has made a distinct point of low British productivity in the last several budgets, so you can't feasibly deny that British productivity is lagging behind, no matter what views you have of politicians. They don't just make random economic statistics up. Distortion yes, but making up bad things, no!

But that's a whole economic debate which is pointless in conducting when you haven't got the knowledge or reels of statistics to do it with.

Date: November 07, 2005 08:42PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the country is run by money not the people.
>
> @mini - its ppl like you who say things are fine
> (when they are clearly not) and leave it to
> deterioate
>
>
>
>

your an idiot.
when did i once say it was fine or things were 100% great? i just said go away we wouldnt lose a lot and i stand by that point.
Much more important people than you have left and the nation keeps on clicking.

What annoys me is that you complain about @#$%& trivial things, go to the poorest nations in Africa and Asia then bloody ask how many of them give a monkeys about the traffic. Just ask and see how many of them get ripped off blatantly by MNC's whose clothing you wear and dont have to contend with greedy politicians who are 100 times worse than our cabinet and government then get back to me.
Many of these people would give up a lot to live here and you complain? you dont know how lucky you are that your currently not in a hut in Sudan fearing for life or Pakistan suffering to get back after the earthquake or Indonesia still suffering 11 months after the bloody tsunami.

Before yu start complaining about how awful you really think this country is, go think about the 100's of countries worse off than this one and the billions who are in a worse situation than you.

As i say GO....we have definately not lost a lot if you decide to hop across the channel to our european neightbours.

Date: November 07, 2005 10:35PM
Posted by: chet
who says im not greatful?

i am very greatfull infact. why? because of my parents background. i know how good i have it, how good well all have it.

but my point is this country should not be the way it is. and to say "it is because it is accept it" is just wrong (im not saying u sed it btw - but ppl do)

people in this country have the power to change things..

my sister is at uni and one time got in dept.. the bank charge £20 a week..

for a girl at uni a low paying job because thats all there is a ton of work and who wasnt well at the time it wasnt the best of things to hear.

and so my dad phoned up asked y there was more money taken out they sed.. so he put money into her account for her.. to live and he kindly asks the bank to put the £20 back in.. after some errmm convosation they doo.. but say it will be 2 weeks.. and yet for me to put money into any1s account its instant, so my dad asked.. is it possible to do it now?? they sed yes. but we are not goin to do it :\ and yet they can take money of us like that...

and about traffic.. lorrys are the main cause. lorrys that are not even full ffs. now tell me.. why cant they go back on the rails?? because it costs slightly more money.. so we are goin to take up the roads and hold ppl up...

in this case the difference between here and europe is that in europe if there is traffic ppl let cars by. ive lived in Germany for like 8years. i have been it italy for summers from when i was born till i was like 15. ive been places i know how good this country should be.. but it isnt.

Speed cameras? save lifes?? bollox they're to make money..
and its proved.. in Lincolnshire where i live the accident rate has increased and soon they are taking 50% of the cameras down.

and please dont ever call me ungreatful until you actually know what ive been through :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 07, 2005 11:09PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
If you have the power to change it then go ahead and stop bloody complaining.

Italy is no better in terms of traffic than Britain. FACT.
Go to the major cities in Italy and it is just as bad if not worse than London.

Yet again i ask........Why The @#$%& is traffic an issue?

About Banks no offence but unlucky to your sister. Banks treat you like @#$%& unless theres money in the account, i had first hand treatment of this 2 weeks back being shunned and not served until they realised i have well over £5000 from my parents saving for me in the account but yet why is it an issue to leave the country?
How do you know that its any better in Italy or Germany?

Speed Cameras? who gives a dam! They dont work and people avoid them but hey they are bringing in money that allows the government to help poorer areas.
And again speeding is not the fault of the government but the fault of the people who are driving and not the government that you cite to blame. How can they control people driving apart from imposing such a deterrant.

It seems you have a load of bull which you think can justify you leaving the country without actually knowing full well that life in another country is any better.
I am not saying dont go, its your decision but really do you really know what the hell your typing? Your going on about this country as if we spend £1 billion on war and dont help our country/other countries in aid. If it takes Speed Cameras, Traffic and Banking to make you leave the country you must be one "weak" person.
Life is as advantageous as you want it to be, get over the problems of traffic e.t.c.

This country being the capitilist mogul that it is makes sure that money speaks louder than words, and if you have none you have no power....yet hold on thats exactly the same system we have in germany and italy...you may go there but in essence the same thing is going on and the same bigwigs sit in parliament/senate churning things to their advantage. the worlds the same and how the "little people" are treated rarely differ.

as said by me and Go Alesi........go live in Africa, South America or Asia then come back and start complaining again.
Date: November 07, 2005 11:26PM
my sister is at uni and one time got in dept.. the bank charge £20 a week..

This is normal. I dont have an overdraft on my account, if i go into minus for 7 days i am charged £10 for it. You are told this in the information when the account is created.

and about traffic.. lorrys are the main cause. lorrys that are not even full ffs. now tell me.. why cant they go back on the rails?? because it costs slightly more money.. so we are goin to take up the roads and hold ppl up...

Lorrys cant always be full. A delivery to my work takes around 75% of the truck. What are you going to use the other 25% for? You cant, theres nothing it can be used for realisticly

They arent put back on the rails because the rail network is jammed up with trains. There is too many and not enough space for them. More trains + no extra railways = problem

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 08, 2005 12:07AM
Posted by: FRESCO
Speed cameras? save lifes?? bollox they're to make money..
and its proved.. in Lincolnshire where i live the accident rate has increased and soon they are taking 50% of the cameras down.

I live in Lincolnshire and I don't reckon the speed cameras are really that bad. Not around the Lincoln and West Lindsey areas anyway, I can only count four and they are all clearly on display. Its the ones that are hidden behind signs or placed where the speed limit changes that annoy me. You should try heading out towards Leicester, then theres millions of the buggers.

I really don't think the UK is that bad, we are lucky to have it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2005 12:07AM by FRESCO.
Date: November 08, 2005 12:10AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> my sister is at uni and one time got in dept.. the
> bank charge £20 a week..
>
> This is normal. I dont have an overdraft on my
> account, if i go into minus for 7 days i am
> charged £10 for it. You are told this in the
> information when the account is created.

Its pathetic especially for some1 in her situation.

>
> and about traffic.. lorrys are the main cause.
> lorrys that are not even full ffs. now tell me..
> why cant they go back on the rails?? because it
> costs slightly more money.. so we are goin to take
> up the roads and hold ppl up...
>
> Lorrys cant always be full. A delivery to my work
> takes around 75% of the truck. What are you going
> to use the other 25% for? You cant, theres nothing
> it can be used for realisticly
>

lorrys often carry less than half. but still they are a major cause of traffic

> They arent put back on the rails because the rail
> network is jammed up with trains. There is too
> many and not enough space for them. More trains +
> no extra railways = problem
>
>

how many abonand railways are there? loads

there is enough railway for cargo to be transported back on rails. like how it used to..

but yea as ive sed this is onyl a small bit of wats wrong with this country. wait a few years and there will be civil outbreak ;-)

and mini.. again i am greatful ive been to Africa, ive been to Asia ive seen it and know what is happening so dont you even try to tell me that im ungreatful

and never once did i say it has only taken those to make me want to hate this place so much.

Date: November 08, 2005 12:14AM
FRESCO Wrote:
> Speed cameras? save lifes?? bollox they're to make
> money..
> and its proved.. in Lincolnshire where i live the
> accident rate has increased and soon they are
> taking 50% of the cameras down.
>
> I live in Lincolnshire and I don't reckon the
> speed cameras are really that bad. Not around the
> Lincoln and West Lindsey areas anyway, I can only
> count four and they are all clearly on display.
> Its the ones that are hidden behind signs or
> placed where the speed limit changes that annoy
> me. You should try heading out towards Leicester,
> then theres millions of the buggers.
>
> I really don't think the UK is that bad, we are
> lucky to have it.
>
>
>

yeaa leicster is baddd but so are the roads.. quite twisty and stuff.. loughbourgh has LOADS of them lol

but yeaa in lincoln itself the cameras are actually well placed.. :) but yea 50% of them are goin lol

Date: November 08, 2005 12:15AM
Its pathetic especially for some1 in her situation.

Yes, its true, its avery unfortunate situation, but when you open a bank account you effectivly start a contract. This is part of it. Whilst it is bad it happened, the bank can not just say "ok your situations bad, we'll ignore it".

lorrys often carry less than half. but still they are a major cause of traffic

We get lorrys with 25% sometimes, but still because it goes directly to our store it cant be used for anything else other than bringing in our stock, and taking away empty cages and damages. I see ALOT of deliveries when im working on ours, the lorries have travelled overnight

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 08, 2005 01:05AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Chet, i didn't know you lived in Germany for 8 years? did your family just decide to move there, or was it for work reasons of your parents?

and about the bank situation, sh*t happens unfortunately. they're not sympathetic to our needs or circumstances. if you get into debt, you get into debt, whether you intended to or if it was totally out of your control.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 08, 2005 01:51AM
there is enough railway for cargo to be transported back on rails. like how it used to..

And how do you propose that the stuff is taken the 3 miles journey from the train yard, to my stores loading bay? Or, any stores loading bay?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 08, 2005 11:51AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Sure, britain is not perfect. And I'm not going to use that tired argument of "just be glad you don't live in *insert african nation*", since its not applicable - you don't, and are lucky enough to live in the Western world, and that won't change.

What is it Britain does so much worse than somewhere else? The economy is one of the strongest in Europe; inflation, interest rates, and unemployment remain low. GDP of $29,600, compared to germany's $28,700, and $28,700 of france.

Trafic bad? Yes, we have a similar population to France, but the country itself is 244,820 sq km, roughly half of France's 547,030 sq km - so there's bound to be a problem. Its basic stuff - same population / les land = higher population density.

Banks evil little buggers? Yes, its unfortunate that your sister got stung for going into her overdraft, but like Dave said - its a contract of sorts, they will have told her the charges applicable in the blurb. Not nice, I hate them too, but its standard practice, and it'll be in the terms and conditions.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 08, 2005 04:47PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
chet Wrote:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > my sister is at uni and one time got in
> dept.. the
> > bank charge £20 a week..
> >
> > This is normal. I dont have an overdraft on
> my
> > account, if i go into minus for 7 days i am
> > charged £10 for it. You are told this in the
> > information when the account is created.
>
> Its pathetic especially for some1 in her
> situation.

That's why there are things such as student accounts with overdraft up to a certain limit that you are not charged for ;)

H E L L O
Date: November 08, 2005 07:20PM
btw, the banks are no different anywhere in the world. you break your overdraft you will get charged. Incase this effects your opinion on the entire world, i would recomend the moon, as they have no such problems

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy