Posted by: _tux_
not me :P
Re: **A level results**
Date: August 18, 2005 01:10PM
Posted by: chet
well AS level

hmm well i will no post mine yet lol
yes they were not too good lol

put it this way... i knew i would do crap in one of my lessons because it was such a laugh... because of my mates

but yea ive learnt my lesson :P and of course will try harder in the second year ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 18, 2005 01:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
maybe if you stopped lol-ing 24 hours a day, maybe you would do better :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 18, 2005 01:23PM
Posted by: villarule
Im waiting till the 25th for my special results

Date: August 18, 2005 01:23PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I got:

A B C

Needed A B B but still got in at bath for computer science.

I got an A in maths :O shocked me, didn't think it was possible, those retakes paid off. not a bad A either, all marks were an A except P3 which was a C, and got an A by 20 marks. Whihc is good considering I had been getting u's and stuff etc before - that will teach me not to take further maths and rush threough it all. Going through agan and retakling with the normal maths group really helped :)

Got a B in history - 12 marks off an A. I would have got an A too but on one of them I got an A but the other a D :S A high C would have got me an A. However, as I well know, history is a lottery, especially with god awfull edexcel. last summer, I got a U in one exam, then I retook it and I knew less about it when I retook, but I got a good A in it then - it is seriously @#$%& up.

In physcics I was lucky, got a C by 10 marks. I swear my teacher messed up on coursework in that he gave us good marks but then I think we gave them back in and he was lazy and didnt do them and left it to the last minute and so rush marked it and marked us down and so wouldnt tell us our coursework mark. Anyway, so I did really @#$%& in two p[hyiscsi modules. A u and a D i think iirc? On the retake module I got a U again, the same mark exactly I think haha :S Unit 4 was enver nice. Our book was never the best help for physcsis, but cant blame anyone else except myself. I didn't really keep on top of physcis I could probably have done it if I had kept on top but I was never good at the exams, and at the time I was shitting myself about maths and my U retake iun history that I then got an A on in january, so fell behind in physics. Oh well, at least I scraped a C by 10 marks :)

It is whether you got in that counts, not your resutls, and thankfully I did.

When I saw ucas track this morning, before I got my resutls, it said I was accepted, but I never beleived it :O I thought "it's got to be wrong" so I got my resutls and was happily suprised at ABC - I thought I would get BBC and if anything I thought the A would be in history. I think maybe it is better the A was in maths. Nearly got an A in history too but oh well haha.

My friend got ABC too and had offer of ABB from leeds but they rejectewd him :( Maybe cos he got B in history, not an A and he applied for history and politics. Thing is hitory is a lottery and you are not really examined on how well you can do history either, more how well you can do history exams and just exams in themselves, it is not marked and scored very well at all, at least not under edexcel.

I am really sad for him though, as I was sure he would get in with those grades, A in english, B in history c in maths. He is really good at history too.

edit, oh yes, I go0t an E in further maths too, ahahah. but I knew that since january. Im suprised I still did well after taking further maths haha. That was the biggeest mistake i made in year 12. Oh well, don't need tpo worry now, huge relief. I feel all wierd now.

H E L L O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2005 01:25PM by Daniel Knott.
Date: August 18, 2005 01:48PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
villarule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im waiting till the 25th for my special results
>
>
>

yup GCSE results nxt week :)
me and my friends have planned a couple of pranks whatever the results ;)

EDIT// goodluck Button, kizz, willb e.t.c

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2005 01:49PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: August 18, 2005 01:48PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
somehow managed to whip it out of the sack and get three As which gets me a place at cambridge next year.

but in true mike/sim style its now time to get absolutely wasted (you wont be seeing me for a few days ;-))
Date: August 18, 2005 02:02PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> maybe if you stopped lol-ing 24 hours a day, maybe
> you would do better
>
>
>

yeah probably

well i spoke to my teachers and she sed she was glad i passed because she enjoys me in her lessons lol :) and that i should take it next year.. but i am :D:D

but yeah the jump from gcse to alevel is massive! ppl go on about it and u dont realize until your results..

i didnt try i my gcse's and tbh i have tried as hard as i could in this first year at college.. but next year im not in alot my my mates classes so sould be good for me :) and now i knw i need to work hard

Date: August 18, 2005 02:16PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
congrats everyone, I'm glad you got your places :)

Chris, have one for me mate, that's great news for Oxbridge hey!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 18, 2005 02:30PM
ChrisB Wrote:
> somehow managed to whip it out of the sack and get
> three As which gets me a place at cambridge next
> year.
>
> but in true mike/sim style its now time to get
> absolutely wasted (you wont be seeing me for a few
> days )
>
> Chris
> -=-=-=-=-
>
>

Cambridge! whoa! awsome mate! i hope u enjoy yourself :)

Date: August 18, 2005 02:35PM
Posted by: Glyn
ChrisB Wrote:
> somehow managed to whip it out of the sack and get
> three As which gets me a place at cambridge next
> year.
>
> but in true mike/sim style its now time to get
> absolutely wasted (you wont be seeing me for a few
> days )

Dont forget to post your drunken ramblings on the forum sim style ;)

Congrats to everyone on the results too!

Date: August 18, 2005 02:53PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Well done everyone!

@ Daniel Knott - an E in Further Maths is seriously good. I spoke to one of our Maths lecturers last year when i did Clearing at Kent, and he said that an A in Maths is normally followed by an E in Further Maths, which is degree level stuff!

Apparently ;)

RedSam - doesnt do numbers ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 18, 2005 02:56PM
yea my mate got a B in maths and a E in further maths..

but was pleased :)

Date: August 18, 2005 02:57PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I got 3 A's too, so me also off to Cambridge :)

But my scores were a bit lower than I'd hoped for, especially History. I still got A's on this year alone, but only low A's. Still, could have been worse.

As for edexcel History, I think it's quite good. I did coursework for one module, but of the others, one was simply an essay, and the other a slightly shorter essay and a shorter question with it. and it's quite flexible in that you can do it in a number of ways. It's not like some exams (Economics in particular) where it's really formulaic. As long as you put in the relevent stuff, and explain it properly (which most people don't seem to do - me included sometimes), you're onto a winner; and that, imho, is the best type of exam, a proper exam!

Date: August 18, 2005 02:59PM
it's not an E in full further maths - I only did further maths to AS level. If I hadn';t have took further maths at all I think it would have been better for me though, as they rush you through the whole maths a level in a year etc Hence the fortune spent on retakes :D Anyway I am just glad I somehow struggled through, hehe.

Bit dissappointed about the B in history cos of one D but never mind, can't do anything about that now. I'm not proplerly disappointed though, as I got in and stuff, so results themselves don't really matter.

H E L L O
Date: August 18, 2005 03:01PM
Go Alesi Wrote:
> As for edexcel History, I think it's quite good. I
> did coursework for one module, but of the others,
> one was simply an essay, and the other a slightly
> shorter essay and a shorter question with it. and
> it's quite flexible in that you can do it in a
> number of ways. It's not like some exams
> (Economics in particular) where it's really
> formulaic. As long as you put in the relevent
> stuff, and explain it properly (which most people
> don't seem to do - me included sometimes), you're
> onto a winner; and that, imho, is the best type of
> exam, a proper exam!

We never did the coursework bit :( Just put it this way, I far from trust the edexcel history markers ;)

H E L L O
Date: August 18, 2005 03:49PM
Posted by: six degrees
Congrats all :)

Gawd, I really can't believe it's two whole years since I got mine... quite scary, actually.
Date: August 18, 2005 03:59PM
Posted by: Advong
Well done everyone, congrats on your places and those going to university, especially cambridge, have fun.

Cambridge rejected me, despite an A in further maths, lol, typical.
Date: August 18, 2005 04:47PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Chet, I know what you mean about being in the same class as your mates.

I went to college and did the same 3 A-levels as my best mate from school, Physics, IT and Geography, and we did ok in IT and Geography, but Physics was harder, so we used to mess about a lot.

and we'd never do the homework, and just write the answers in when the tutor went through them in class.

it only hit home how much we messed about when i got a D in IT, N for Physics, and a U or something for Geography in the 1st year exams. he did slightly better than me and got a D in geography.

needless to say, we didn't do the same course for the next year. i wa advised by my physics tutor to maybe choose a different subject. No Sh*T Sherlock!!

i'm sure we could have both done a lot better had we been in separate classes, but you live and learn.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy