Most popular (currently in use) sig

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
Re: Most popular (currently in use) sig
Date: November 16, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: Ellis
oh, and the google search shortcut beside the address bar is great!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 16, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: ralphi
ssshhhesss..... it's like your there spokes person.. or whatever it's called.. :P;)

Date: November 16, 2003 02:11PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Ok, lets get this over with....

The Wand password manager

The Wand gives you one-click log-in to password-protected sites. Access is provided by simply clicking the Wand icon or by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
Powerful panel management

Add panels with news, history list, link list, etc. to your Hotlist. All panels can now be shown, hidden or rearranged at will.
Notes

Jot down a note, drag the note to an e-mail to send it to others, or simply store your notes for future reference.
FastForward and Rewind

The FastForward and Rewind functions let the browser anticipate where you may want to go next.
Slideshow

The FastForward button displays photo files on the Web in a slideshow.
Spatial navigation

Move easily around on pages by combining the Shift and arrow keys, gaining quick access to links and any other navigational elements available.
One-click skinning

Just pick and click once on any of the many skins available online to change the look of your browser.
Cookie manager

Keep track of the cookies you would like to keep and delete the rest.
Keyboard shortcuts

Opera makes it possible to navigate entirely with keyboard shortcuts. Press Z and X to move backward and forward in history, or G to turn graphics off.
Mouse gestures

Opera puts more power at your fingertips with smart and fast mouse gesture recognition. Try to press (and hold) the right button and then press the left button to go backward. Do it the other way around to go forward. Or go to "Preferences > Edit Mouse gestures" to add your own.
M2 mail client

Opera's mail client automatically categorizes and sorts e-mail messages, has an integrated spam filter, and supports POP3, IMAP, and ESMTP.
Built-in search utility

Use Opera's search utility to search the Web, just enter your search in the convenient search field at the top of Opera's window.
Window management

Combine multiple and single document interface (MDI/SDI) and tabbed browsing -- without restarting the browser. Save different window combinations as sessions, or go back and forth between window sessions.
Save windows setup

Opera can remember all your windows and Web pages between surfing sessions. This lets you continue surfing exactly where you left off.
Session manager

Opera's new session manager lets you choose between multiple saved sessions from the start-up dialog.
New navigation bar

On sites that support navigation through link tags, the site navigation will be displayed in the navigation bar.
Extended and improved drag-and-drop support

Rearrange or move toolbar items using drag-and-drop customization or move bookmarks, tabs, and window sessions (MDI/SDI) URL as shortcuts on the desktop. Open or save any page link.
Refuse pop-ups

Opera can easily be configured to push all pop-up windows to the background, or to not show them at all.
Small-Screen Rendering

Check out Opera's Web browser breakthrough for mobile phones and PDAs in your desktop browser! See how Web pages would look on a small-screen device by simply pressing Shift+F11 to enable Small-Screen Rendering.
Full-screen and OperaShow

Use Opera in full-screen mode and turn the browser into an advanced presentation tool. Press F11 to activate (or deactivate) OperaShow.
Multiple user style sheets

Opera comes equipped with 12 new user style sheets, varying from helpful features for users and developers, to the more zany. Try style sheets such as "Accessibility layout" or "High contrast B/W".
Multiple or single user accounts

Set up different Opera user profiles in one Opera browser to ensure that all your family members have the Opera set-up and look that suits them best.
User interface customization

Change keyboard shortcuts, remove toolbars, re-arrange menu items, etc. by customizing the .ini files. Use your own settings by saving separate copies of these files if Opera is installed in multi-user mode.
Security

Opera has been designed from the beginning with security and privacy in mind. Opera supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) versions 2 and 3, and Transport Layer Security (TLS).
Hotlist

Bookmarks and history, windows sessions and e-mail can be managed via the Hotlist. Manage your downloads and transfers via the floatable download and transfer manager.
Bookmarks

Save Web sites as bookmarks and organize them in folders. Sort them by title, date created, or when visited -- or customize your own ordering. Assign nicknames for easy access to your favorites. If you are having trouble finding a certain bookmark, you can make a quick search and get a list of matches.
More Features

Opera offers users a range of user-friendly useful features that are not covered in this document, such as multimedia and plug-in support, zoom, toolbars, language customization, FTP, news client, integrated Java, command-line options, etc.

;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: November 16, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: tux
ellis. stop describing firebird :) :P

much better :)

Date: November 16, 2003 02:13PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I like Vivaldi, Mozart, and some Beethoven :)
But also Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, U2, Savage Garden, Robbie Williams,...., and of course, Kylie Minogue!

Date: November 16, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: Glyn
Ok, I think we get the picture that Opera is better. Can we leave it as that? :)

Date: November 16, 2003 02:25PM
thats why i posted everything at once in the post above.
there's nothing left to say about opera now :)

Date: November 16, 2003 02:27PM
Posted by: Glyn
there's nothing left to say about opera now

You forgot to mention it costs 34 Euros ;)

Posted by: ralphi
hey.. does anybody listen to Pavarotti..... he is great..

oh yeah....

on topic.. I like dUmAsS sig

Date: November 16, 2003 02:28PM
Posted by: Ellis
You forgot to mention it costs 34 Euros

no it doesnt :p

It costs 34 euros if u want to remove the smal banner the legal way :p

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 16, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: Zcott
Man, mouse-gestures are super-good. I find myself trying them in IE, and getting annoyed when they don't work. It's just a superior browser. It's not full of holes for viruses like IE and OE, and it handles everything you could want it to.

It's what IE -should- be!

Date: November 16, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: jginete
I like Vivaldi, Mozart, and some Beethoven

vivaldi never wrote an opera, neither beethoven...

Date: November 16, 2003 03:15PM
But Mozart wrote plenty! Actually, I detest the musical genre of opera because it's highly irritating and full of operatic singers who use too much vibrato. There's only a few operas I'd listen to, and they're typically modern works. But as a browser, I use nothing BUT opera!

Date: November 16, 2003 03:18PM
Posted by: jginete
fully agree ;)
some operas are nice! examples... uh... erm... actually... operas suck...
but opera rocks!

Post Edited (11-16-03 22:19)

Date: November 16, 2003 03:19PM
Posted by: andrew_S
****, in italy, i had to sit through an opera, in verona, it was sort of amazing for the start, in the roman amphithere, but when its got through 2 acts in 4 hours, and you aint even sure whats going on, its sure as hell boring, lol

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: November 16, 2003 03:22PM
Posted by: Orpheus
ZaZ i dont like ur sig, change it! :P *

* btw cmon celtic! :) ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 16, 2003 03:23PM
I went to see Verdi's "Aida" a few years ago. It was basically an exercise for me in how not to be bored whilst in a confined space you can't leave. Fantastically unenjoyable.

Date: November 16, 2003 03:35PM
Posted by: Vader
My favourite sig pic (currently in use) is jginete's.

Stöfelmütten is just cult! It's like a religion.

I don't like Mozart. Too soft, too squiggled and still too much rococo-like. I either like pure baroque (Bach, Vivaldi, Händel, Telemann) or true classic music (Beethoven, Haydn).

@ jginete:
Beethoven did write Fidelio which sounds pretty much like an opera, if you ask me.

@ Zcott:
I love Verdi, I love Aida.

Post Edited (11-16-03 22:40)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 16, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: Andy Mad
IE+MyIE shove the Opera deep down the hole, imho.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy