So I see ur all keepers....

Posted by Bling-Bling 
So I see ur all keepers....
Date: October 04, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: Bling-Bling
Im goalie 4 my soccer/football team too.... If u dont, know what im talking about, read my stupidest things uv evr done thread.

Heres some real facts:

I have:

Banged head on post: twice.
Drawn Blood: seven times,
saves to goal ratio: 35:1
Hit in "Nads" : all too many...
Once the ball hit my foot, and i thot it went in, so i didnt dive. It hits
the ground at a weird angle, nails the post , comes back at me.
I dive for it this time, and snatch it. As im getting up, MY OWN DEFENDER
kicks the ball out of my hands.the other teams leading scorer bicycle kicks it
OFF MY HEAD and of the crossbar. It hit my nose right on, NOSEBLEED
the ball goes straight into the air, and comes back in front of the net.
Me, being the tallest sixth gRader(seventh now), punched it away.
Right back at there leading scorer.he heads it, I stop it , and it goes right
to another one, and i "stack the pads" and leg-slide the ball away.

IM TELLING THE TRUTH.SHARE SOME STORIES OF YOUR GOALKEEPING
Experience.

Re: So I see ur all keepers....
Date: October 04, 2003 01:17PM
Posted by: sasjag
well..we were playing wembley knockouts once, and i was in net
anyway, i kicked the ball out from behind the goal, the ball smackes the back of the xbar, cannons back and hits me in the nuts :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 04, 2003 01:52PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i played in goal for a 5 a side team and my school a few times, im not bad, once we were playing some friendly games accross the pitch, and i scored out of my hands, booted it up to the striker who took out the keeper and the ball went in, ive also been blasted from point blank in the nose, when a penaulty from the hardest shooter i know came back off the post in hockey goals, ouch, obviously theres the obligatry kicks in the balls, balls, in the balls, and a serious ancle injury which stoped me playing, i went up for a cross with my centre back, who then fell back on me, my ancle is really week because of it, sadly and that was april 2002...

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 04, 2003 01:54PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I once, when we were warming up before a game, was hit in the face. My player hit it and I just stood there looking at it. It hit the inside of the post and smashed me in the face. The game was delayed five mins. whilst I sorted myself out!!!!

Also, one time we'd just cleared the ball, and the attacking team tried to play it back. They overhit it and and sailed over the players. I was in the 6yard box and I didn't bother to come out and was going to let it bouce as it was coming staight at me, but you know, coming down out of the sky. It bounced about 1m in front, skewed off at a funny angle and left me standing there rather red in the face as it went in!

But the most stupid thing I EVER did was play say 'Yes' to "Will you be our Goalie next season?"

Post Edited (10-04-03 20:54)

Date: October 04, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: Orpheus
im a terrible goalie :p but my first 3 apps for my club i played right midfield. and scored 8 goals in them 3 games :P one from my own half that lobbed the goalie..... it was meant.... honest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 04, 2003 02:11PM
lol:P i also stopped playing regularly due to injury, got studded in the left knee when i played for my 11-a-side team as a defender, so moved to goal, but a fall while skatboarding took the skin off my knee and its been pretty weak since :(

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 04, 2003 02:12PM
Posted by: genesis
In a local football tournament we needed to win our last game to go through, and we were 1-0 up and they got a penalty for a handball in our area. I made a brilliant save, and then on their next attack I was full of adrenaline, came charging out and my head smacked into their striker's midrift, and I was slightly concussed, and on the ground, for about 2 mins. Nobody noticed I was injured and yet they didn't score, and we went through! ;)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: October 04, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I played goalie for a few years (8), nd usually I get massacred in the balls.
In 93, in middle schools tournament, my team wins because I save a penalty that was kicked at about 50km/h (good for a 2nd grader) at about 4,5m away. I saved with my belly....ended up with the ball's shape and lines on me :)
In 99, I saved 3 times back to back to back, with guys shooting the ball at MY balls! I cried for about 5 minutes (about 85km/h).
In 93, a guy went past me, shot the ball....and I dove back and saved it just before the line.
In 2002, I did a save like Gordon Banks (you know which) in 70, but i reached fast enough (and have long wingspan ~1,96m) to not have to dive as much.
In 98, way too many miracles, hits on the private areas, and on my shin to describe in such short space and time...

But I scored my prettiest goal in 98 too. I stole the ball from the opposing forward, dribbled him, the guy behind him, the other 2 guys behind him (went just like drivers go on chicanes), cut to the left, again to the left (by this time I reach the entrance to the other goalie's area), avoid a tackle and shoot with my left foot (I use both, but my best on is the right one) on top-left corner. Goalie (one of the coaches) could only lift his arms. Yey! I have other good ones, but this is a goalie's thread!

Date: October 04, 2003 03:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hehe funniest thing ever when we were playing footie and my friend booted a ball at the bloke in goal and the ball broke his wrist! ;)

Post Edited (10-04-03 23:05)
Date: October 04, 2003 04:47PM
Posted by: Vader
Ask Mika about injuries. I recall he's a rugby player and I guess he'll only laugh about your "little ailments". ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 05, 2003 02:33AM
Posted by: Pooky
what i s strange for me is that on some days i am worse than a sumo wrestler would be in goal, bout on other days i am like david seaman!!!

let me explain, a few weeks ago i was playing with my mates and some others and i was in goal (only for a bit, i am a striker usually) and maybe because im a striker, but i let in nearly all the goals! i was shocking.

but then before that i was playing with my firnds, and i was diving around, blockinh long shots spectaculary, saving penalties etc. - i was amazing in goal

i am not consistent in goal. i prefer to play on the field and score goals

Date: October 05, 2003 06:49AM
Posted by: bazza
I played in goals for my school, and there was one game where someone hit a shot and I was at the other side of the goals, and I was like "It's ok, it's away" so I let it go wide....

and it went in.

I also played as a striker (was the goalie after our keeper quit) and in primary school we were playing in a tournament. It was 4 groups of 4, and two teams from each went into the quarter finals. BUT it was not dependant on results. It was the fairest teams who went through. I scored the best goal ever. from the right hand side, outside of the right foot into the top left corner. The whole team celebrates, and coz we celebrated we got knocked out for being too unsportsmanlike. lol!

And another game when I played for my school 2 years ago, and the other team got a corner after 2 minutes. The corner came in, and the guy headed it. I was on the line, and saved it. It was a stunning save. I got sent off because I was playing centre half in that match.

Baz

Date: October 05, 2003 07:19AM
we once entered our 5-a-side team into a charity 6-a-side tournament, and it was supposed be for pub teams but they let us in

anyway, none of our squad was over 18, and we ended up going out in the semi's in extra time (knocking out both favourites along teh way:P)

we won the 3rd place playoff 4-0 (i was amazing if i do say so myself:P) and we weren't allowed our bottle of champagne coz we weren't of the legal age!! :(

Sim

Date: October 05, 2003 07:20AM
Posted by: ralphi
Man.... i have to be the worst golie...

i ran to many times in to the post..
i broke my leg twice..
I broke other guys legs.. i think twice....

Broke my glasses... 4 times...
i don't know how many times i bled..

Date: October 05, 2003 08:14AM
Posted by: Kimi Räikkönen
Ever thought of taking up chess Ralphi?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry guys, my forum is down. :(
Date: October 05, 2003 08:26AM
Hey Ralphi, I think your sig would look better like this...

Marko "Ralphi"

Support the team click my banner!

Date: October 05, 2003 08:28AM
Posted by: ralphi
Lol! you know i was thinking of taking up chess but it was boring..

Great idea Kimi but i don't know how to make that line..

Date: October 05, 2003 09:52AM
Posted by: Glyn
Use [ hr ] to insert the line (without the spaces of course)

Date: October 05, 2003 01:43PM
Naturally...

Date: October 05, 2003 03:54PM
Posted by: bazza
The only bone I have ever broken was a keeper's collarbone when I went up for a header and kindof landed on him a bit.

Baz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy