congradus to alpha F1....NOT

Posted by Ellis 
congradus to alpha F1....NOT
Date: February 10, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: Ellis
u just lost another visitor in the shape of me cos your fuckin pop-ups keep crashing IE. Whats the point in gonig to a site with old F1 news, and little GPx updates, when its gona crash your browser. I dont think windows was desigend to have 3 pop-ups open exactly the same time as each other, and when you close them, the next page gives you another 3.

Come on Matti, think bout your bloody site layout!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: congradus to alpha F1....NOT
Date: February 10, 2003 01:40PM
Posted by: broders
they lost me, when i found this place :D
Date: February 10, 2003 01:41PM
Ok, i thot downloading pop-up stopper wud help, but turns out mattis a bigger wanker than i previosly thot

We have determined that you use pop up blocking software. This site is provided for free and depend on an income from these pop up ads. By blocking them, you make it impossible for us to continue keeping this website online for free. Therefore, you will not be able to access this website again until you uninstall or de-activate your pop up blocking software.

Close your browser window, uninstall your pop up blocker and come back here to visit us.

How come other sites can cope with just one or two banners on the home page, and yet matti needs 3 pop-ups per page to be able to kepp going!? Come on man! I cant even get on your (i say your, but i mean thier) fourms. I enjoy going there even if the site has no updates and no new F1 news.

come on man!!!!!! does this mean i can no longer get to your comptuer because your pop-ups are stealing the bandwidth that I am paying for? This is getting pathetic now

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 10, 2003 01:42PM
Broders, dont blame ya! I just like the forum over there too. Its quite good sometimes. but if he insists on stealing bandwidth i have paid for, by forcing adverts on my screen, which are crashing my computer then why should i continue to visit? Im sure others are going to do the same one day. that wud teach hima lesson

Post Edited (02-10-03 20:43)

Date: February 10, 2003 01:44PM
Posted by: ThePredictor
What if you try to defend yourself from what ultimately is unwante, non requested and invasive stuff on Matti site?
Read on:

Website access denied

We have determined that you use pop up blocking software. This site is provided for free and depend on an income from these pop up ads. By blocking them, you make it impossible for us to continue keeping this website online for free. Therefore, you will not be able to access this website again until you uninstall or de-activate your pop up blocking software.

Close your browser window, uninstall your pop up blocker and come back here to visit us.

This website was protect by Anti-Theft

Be ready!
Date: February 10, 2003 01:44PM
LOL Ellis we did the same at the same time!

Be ready!
Date: February 10, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah, that would get annoying, especially as it's 3 on every page, and us NTL users are only alowwed 1gb of d/l per day

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 10, 2003 01:48PM
Sim hurry up I've found a site with FIVE pop-ups with pics of Avril naked!

Be ready!
Date: February 10, 2003 01:55PM
ROFLMAO!

Mattis site is turning into a joke!

Date: February 10, 2003 01:55PM
but if he insists on stealing bandwidth i have paid for, by forcing adverts on my screen

No Ellis the criminal is you:

Theft is a very common problem among surfers on the Internet today. Our tests show that over 15% of all internet users have some kind of blocking tool installed, blocking either ads, pop ups or cookies.

With help of Anti-Theft you can put an end to this on your website by adding a small button to the pages that you want to protect (120x60px). You can see an example of how it works here.

Anti-Theft can either be used to block visitors using theft-tools so you don't have to waste expensive bandwidth on thieves, but you can also use Anti-Theft just to monitor your visitors and to see what percentage of your visitors that use theft-tools.

With help of Anti-Theft you can also block visitors coming from certain countries from accessing your website, which can be useful if you only earn money from targeted advertising to a specific country.

Be ready!
Date: February 10, 2003 01:59PM
lol, paolo ;)

that's just a joke, that thing about us being theives

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 10, 2003 02:14PM
but u see I pay for bandwidth.Therefore i choose how i use it. nobody else

If you buy Digital TV, is it fair i choose which channel you watch?

I choose which ISP i have. If it is NTL, it is worse cos it means i have to go to less sites, just to be able to go to his one because of the 1gig bandwidth limit.

i paid for it, therefore i choose what i view with it. If i type in alphaF1.com in my URL bar, it does not give me a warning *you are about to get a @#$%& load of pop-ups, do you want to continue*

He does not warn you that his page is gonig to take up a stupidly high ammount of bandwidth. If i go to an f1 site, i expect to see f1 stuff, not some @#$%& advert, poping up on my screen, interrupting my typing, and telling me about how i can have a penis enlargment, or how i can get a low credit loan (or this is the best one in alphaF1 case), how to speed up your internet access!

Effectivly he is stealing something which i paid for because he is forcing it on me when everi type the words alphaf1.com. He shud have an intro page saying he is going to have pop-ups, and asking to click ok to continue.

Post Edited (02-10-03 21:22)

Date: February 10, 2003 02:24PM
No Sim, sadly its not a joke. It's what is written on the site of the company that makes the software Matti uses to "protect" himself from "thieves" like Ellis and me.

Be ready!
Date: February 10, 2003 02:26PM
dude, read my post!

Date: February 10, 2003 02:38PM
lol, ok i read ur post!

lol, paolo i wans't implying that u were joking, i wa implying t was a joke that they say were theives

yeah, it would be useful to have a warning, but he wanted to set the site up so he should be prepared to pay for it

and blocking people with pop-up blockers is immature, i can't get into it at school, and i don;t choose to have a pop-up blocker coz it's not in my control

Sim

Date: February 10, 2003 02:44PM
i never knew we could only have 1GB of downloads a day on NTL!

i dont do enough downloading on my broadband :P
Date: February 10, 2003 02:51PM
lol, yeah it's a new ruling

and i just refreshed this page and got 2 full-screen pop-ups, altho that might be spyware

Sim

Date: February 10, 2003 02:52PM
broadband NTL might be different to 56k ntl...but then again on 56k, u'll never download 1gig in a day, but thats not the point

Date: February 10, 2003 02:53PM
lol, yeah true. i'm on y broadband alll the time so i'll probably hafta reduce the amount of time i spend on here

hafta play GPL more:P

Sim

Date: February 10, 2003 03:33PM
i can just play it over the LAN

from upstairs to downstairs :P

gonna try UT2003 on it :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy