Date: August 20, 2002 09:28AM
Posted by: Orpheus
it was a j/k LS. dont take it badly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: FGaveourite F1 game besides the GPx series
Date: August 22, 2002 04:12PM
Posted by: Owain_Shaw
Grand Prix Legends, JOB DONE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cold today"
"Nope"

A winter day conversation with Katherine Uphill
Re: Faveourite F1 game besides the GPx series
Date: August 26, 2002 01:51AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah grand prix legends was prety fun..

so was f197 on playstation, f198 was a big step backwards.. the thing i liked about f197 was teh cockpit view, and the fact i coudl tear off the visor strips altho the big black smudges got a big annoying :p

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: August 26, 2002 02:43AM
Posted by: Ellis
You could turn that option off though! LOL

I find GPL boring game, but thats just me it seems.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Faveourite F1 game besides the GPx series
Date: August 27, 2002 12:52PM
Posted by: Spike02
i want to know is why the tear-off strips haven't been implemented in other f1 games.

oh, and the cars in f1 98 were built out of lego

Date: August 27, 2002 01:38PM
"oh, and the cars in f1 98 were built out of lego"

yep. and the pit crews. if u can call them pit crews

Date: August 27, 2002 02:48PM
Posted by: Vinc
GPL all the way for me.
Date: August 27, 2002 04:18PM
Posted by: simonsteele
I can't stand GPL, i bought it, and played it for a few days, and found it impossible to drive on. I couldn't stop at the pits, turn or anyting. I nknow thats what it was like in them days, but i just didn't like it. The only way i could win was by downloading the editor and changing opposition strenght/number of mistakes and failure probability. Didn't like the handling.

The cars and tracks were well made, the failures are great, and there are huge crashes.

I also got bored of the fact that it seemed impossible to beat Jimmy Clark, nd on in-car view, the drivers hands were either centered, or at full lock

Date: August 27, 2002 04:20PM
Oh, my favourite F1 game besides the GPx series is definately F1'97. PS one Version. Still play o it when I am Bored. Leading a 100% championship after 5 races, options for maximum realism and on ace. I'm Hill in an arrows BTW.

Date: August 28, 2002 02:27AM
sasjag, you have the same problem as me with GPL

with out digital devices GPL is impossible to play - the game has been designed REALLY shittly for us people and its impossible for us to take a corner accuratly, stop, go, we cant do anything properly

The handeling might (thats a huge might) be realistic for some people on steering wheels and possiblykeyboards, but see whan u play with anything else digital, GPL is the biggest joke ever!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 28, 2002 04:56AM
Yeah your right Ellis. I used my controller, a poor one that cost £5 from argos, and it was unlayable.

Date: August 28, 2002 05:48AM
Posted by: matthewp
thats becuase cars use analogue controllers, and as GPL is pretty much the only game that has come close to simulating F1 cars it should be impossible to drive them without an analogue controller (particularly as the cars of that era had shitty tyres, shitty brakes, low grip but shitloads of power) maybe they should have tried implementing driver aids that help people with digital controllers but then it wouldn't be a simulation which was the whole point of the project. if you've got a wheel GPL makes you realise how laughably basic the physics engine in GP4 is.

Date: August 28, 2002 05:57AM
Posted by: genesis
I think F12000 on the PSone is one of the best. Correct timing screens, and the best thing was when you were in the pits you could see how fast each car was oging at each sector (and the time would be green or red too).

However, for timing screen accuracy, Sony's Formula One 2001 was superb. In the pits, you could view the actual timing screen (as seen by all the team principal's / directors in real life) which was very very cool, however in the game over and over drivers would set exactly the same time, which was crap.

Psygnosis' Formula One 2000 was very good too - and had M. Walker commentating (whipee).

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 28, 2002 07:11AM
in f1 97,98,99,00

m.walker: i think thats an arrows!
brundle: ur right there murray

Date: August 28, 2002 10:41AM
except when Martin talked non-stop for 20minutes about some stuff...then wouldnt speak for another 30 laps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy