Jason Priestley accident

Posted by TeamFerrari 
Jason Priestley accident
Date: August 12, 2002 12:27AM
Posted by: TeamFerrari
I dunno if anyone heard about this, but apparently TV's 30-year-old high school student (from "Beverly Hills 90210";) is racing in IRL, or something like that.
Apparently, he had a major accident while qualifying or practicing for a race, and suffered serious injuries.
Usually I don't like to hear about race car drivers getting seriously injured or killed in a race, but I had to smile when I heard about Priestley.
Serves the little prat right!! This is what happens when "so-called" actors attempt to go outside the square and pursue activites that they're not ready for!!

Rubens, leave Ferrari while you still can!!!
Re: Jason Priestley accident
Date: August 12, 2002 04:29AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Jeez man ur not a little bit over reacting here, are you?? The poor guy's giving racing a go, it's not like he is simply not allowed to..... I for one am sadenned to hear that and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Date: August 12, 2002 05:01AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yeah that's a little OTT, even if he is from an American TV Program (need I say more?). It's nice to see all types of people giving racing a go.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: August 12, 2002 07:31AM
Posted by: Lilletto
Actually he was racing since a few years and had already a fair experience.
And this year IRL is quite packed with serious accidents.

Date: August 12, 2002 07:55AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Wow Rubeno, I hope you crash your car at 300kph and die you little @!#$.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 12, 2002 08:04AM
Posted by: matthewp
I read he's been racing since 1991 and was actually second quickest at the time. even so that is irrelevant, you shouldn't wish injury on someone just becuase you think he is a "prat"

Date: August 12, 2002 08:11AM
Posted by: Zcott
Three of his past four IRL races have resulted in a serious accident involving him and people being injured. Now, it doesn't matter whether he's a celebrity or not, but if he's causing accidents or being involved more often than not, something needs to be done. For his safety and the safety of the other drivers.

Thankfully he is still alive - a few broken bones in his back and broken feet seem the extent of his injuries.
Date: August 12, 2002 11:25AM
Esteban Tuero did it in F1. He drove the Minardi at the age of 20 in 1998, before leaving F1 to go and race diesel VWs, I think.

It generally doesn't happen so much in F1 because it's so difficult to get into that once you're in, you want to stay in.
Date: August 12, 2002 11:29AM
LoL.

What's the deal with da Matta anyway? Is he any good? I know he's been pissing over everyone in CART this year, but I always recall him being "not very good". CART has a habit of surprising me with drivers!
Date: August 12, 2002 11:43AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
CART's drivers are'nt as good as F1 drivers.....for example Shinji Nakano and Christian Fittipaldi are'nt as bad in cart as they were in f1.
Who would Da Matta go to? (what's da matta? a ha ha ha), it's quite risky to take him on.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 12, 2002 11:45AM
Apparently Toyota are going to announce him as a driver for next year, in place of McNish. Whether it'll happen or not is a different matter!
Date: August 12, 2002 11:47AM
a different matta, in fact

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 12, 2002 11:51AM
Yeah. But nothing is da matta with McNish in the first place.
Date: August 12, 2002 11:53AM
everything is da matta with him! He's been very unlucky, but his qualifying performances are very poor, and I'm not that impressed with his race pace. Da matta, on the other hand, may have similar things da matta with him if he joins f1...

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 12, 2002 11:56AM
SMACK! *puts end to terrible puns*

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: August 12, 2002 12:48PM
Posted by: Ellis
Has anyone actaully seen the accident? Wasnt really much he could do. He lost the back end at 180mph, tried to correct, the car violently over-corrected and hit the wall head on.

Da Matta will do well if he gets the testing. JV and JPM havent exatclly done badly have they? And when Williams gave Zanardi steel breaks he got it onto 4th on the grid.

Da Matta won 4 cart races in a row, and could have made it 5 if it wasnt for car failure.

The guy is good, and good enough for F1, yet teams still run Bernoldi, Yoong and Sato.

Da Matta is defiantly better than them, and probably better than the likes of Ralf Schumacher and possible Barrichello

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 12, 2002 01:19PM
Bernoldi and Yoong bring in the money :D

As for Sato, he's improving. Slowly....
Date: August 12, 2002 01:22PM
Posted by: Ellis
Hes improving? Yeah, his accidents are! They get bigger and better each time! Sato is driving demolition man!He gets within 3 feet of something and you can bet he will make a veyr large mess of it sooner or later

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 12, 2002 01:35PM
Posted by: matthewp
Sato's crashes lately haven;t been his fault unlike the earlier ones, he's quite a quick driver and he is getting much more consistant. putting in the same catagory as yoong and to a lesser extend bernoldi is unfair. I say to a lesser extent because despite the fact that bernoldi is there mainly becuase of the money he brings in he's actually a pretty good driver, he may not be one of the 22 best in the world but he;s quite good. last year he outqualified verstappen consistantly yet verstappen's legions of fans still say he's one of the best drivers. verstappen was much better in the races (and provided much needed overtaking) but with the experience advantage he has over bernoldi that is expected.

Date: August 12, 2002 01:38PM
I agree. I think Benoldi is underrated as a driver. Its just a pity he's tarnished by the sponsorship he brings....we can never be sure whether when he goes to a team its for his sponsorship, or his drivibg skills.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy