If you can do me a huge favour...

Posted by Incident 2k9 
If you can do me a huge favour...
Date: November 24, 2011 05:09PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Last week, my friend Dave committed suicide, and I, like many of my friends, have struggled with the news.

However, when he was in Year 11, he and a friend of his released a song that has an incredibly poignant meaning, and is incredibly well sung and written (ok, I may be biased, but still...). It will be released on iTunes in December.

When released, it would be amazing if you could purchase the song, and all proceeds will go to Papyrus UK, a charity dealing with depression and other such problems.

Here's the song, I'll post again when it's released on iTunes.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: If you can do me a huge favour...
Date: November 25, 2011 12:46AM
Posted by: Carlitox
I'm very sorry to hear that Jake... my condolences in this hard moment :(

I don't owe an Iphone, but I can talk to some friends who have it, hopefully they'll get it.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2011 12:47AM by Carlitox.
Date: November 25, 2011 12:45PM
Posted by: J i m
You don't need an iPhone to download something from iTunes ;)

Date: November 25, 2011 06:33PM
According to the Wells Journal (the local weekly paper) the song will be released on the 5th of December. His family want to get it into the UK charts to raise awareness of teenage suicide. I know buying it overseas won't affect the position, but it's still for a good cause.

If you could buy a copy, it would be really amazing.

Cheers.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2011 06:42PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: November 26, 2011 02:43AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
That was much less awkward and cringeworthy of what i thought 2 year 11 kids would put together. Sorry about your mate.
Date: November 27, 2011 09:38PM
Preview on Amazon.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

EDIT: It's out on iTunes now, but please don't buy until December 5th. Thanks for your support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2011 03:30PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: December 05, 2011 05:27PM
The song's officially released today, I'd be grateful to anyone here that literally spends under £2 to buy a couple of copies. All donations go to papyrus uk, and there has to be 5000 purchases to get in the UK charts.

Thanks. I don't want to seem pushy, but you know how it is...

Date: December 06, 2011 04:05AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
So if I buy it from the Australian iTunes store, the money will still go the the charity, just not count towards the UK charts?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 06, 2011 11:24PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So if I buy it from the Australian iTunes store,
> the money will still go the the charity, just not
> count towards the UK charts?

I'd have thought so, yeah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy