WIFI problem - *Fixed*

Posted by pankykapus 
WIFI problem - *Fixed*
Date: December 24, 2010 11:02PM
Posted by: pankykapus
I have a slight WIFI problem and I hope I can get help from some of the gurus here.

I have a TLWR741N Router and two laptops connected to it via Wireless.
One is a Toshiba notebook with an Atheros Wifi card and the other one is a new Samsung RV508 with a Broadcom Wifi card.
The Atheros is working fine, it uses a steady 54Mbps and all is well, however the Broadcom is only running mostly at 2Mbps thus deadly slowing the net connection too (which normally is 20Mbps).
When I repair the WLAN connection and when it freshly connects, it says 54, and then is starts going down to 24, 11, 5.5 and finally to 2Mbps.

Where can be the problem? The two connections are set up exactly the same, never had any problems with the Toshiba previously.
I should say, that I've already reinstalled the driver and tried to use the WinXP network config as well as Broadcom's Network assistance software.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 10:55AM by pankykapus.
Re: WIFI problem
Date: December 25, 2010 10:55AM
Posted by: pankykapus
Well it seems to have cured itself over the night. I started it up this morning and since then it's been working fine.
It's a true Christmas miracle :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 10:55AM by pankykapus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy