Payment for a ban.

Posted by mortal 
Payment for a ban.
Date: August 29, 2010 09:51AM
Posted by: mortal
A couple of weeks ago I was offered EU3000 (the annual running costs of this site) by a user here in exchange for banning another user on this site for life. Attractive as the offer is, and we do rely on donations to help keep afloat, I refused the offer on principle. The private message was unanswered. I will not be bought and if you read on another website that this has happened regarding a user that was recently banned from the site (for the third time) I state categorically that it has not and will not happen. Ever.
It might be a benevolent oligarchy here and perhaps the moderators might be seen as intent on world domination but I, and my colleagues would not stoop so low. Just sayin'. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Payment for a ban.
Date: August 29, 2010 10:43AM
Posted by: gav
Can I offer £5 for access to the ban button?
Date: August 29, 2010 11:21AM
LOL, no you can't. (N)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 29, 2010 12:22PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
If I give you £50, can we market GPG brand crisps?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 29, 2010 12:54PM
We've already had the t-shirt and the mug so I guess crisps would be the next logical thing. You get a (Y)

Date: August 29, 2010 01:05PM
Posted by: IWE
Lol! And nicknames of these people who made the offer and the target person are..? ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 29, 2010 02:31PM
That will never be revealed, but you wouldn't have to a rocket scientist to work it out...

Date: August 29, 2010 03:53PM
Posted by: Excalibur
If the person who offered 3000€ to Mal for banning another user doesn't know what to do with his money, I will accept it. In exhange and as a thankfulness, I promise to send him pictures of my travel in New Zeland. Please, send me a pm that I can give you my account number for the transaction ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 03:54PM by Excalibur.
Date: August 29, 2010 04:03PM
Posted by: n00binio
bribing a mod or even the attempt to do so should be a banable offense. seriously, that's just crazy.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 29, 2010 04:07PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
That is pretty low, really really sad too

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 29, 2010 04:45PM
Posted by: SPOKES
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bribing a mod or even the attempt to do so should
> be a banable offense. seriously, that's just
> crazy.

I second that.
Date: August 29, 2010 05:04PM
Posted by: senna9194
n00binio Wrote:
> bribing a mod or even the attempt to do so should
> be a banable offense. seriously, that's just
> crazy.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> That is pretty low, really really sad too

+1 at both

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 29, 2010 05:16PM
Posted by: Excalibur
+1 but I am also sad for the guy who made this offer. He should get a real life...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 29, 2010 07:21PM
Posted by: Vandusk
I know who has made the offer... and I know who should be banned for life. And it's really make me sad that some people want try to do a huge mobbing against a other user. The guy who made the offer should get the ban for this ignorant offer. :-(
Date: August 29, 2010 07:38PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Ban or no ban... the moderator has the LAST WORD.
I feel sad that these things happen on a side were everyone has to enjoy themselves and making friends all over the world...
really sad, and I hope that the guy who made this offer to Mal, reed all this answers and think about his stupidity. :-(

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: August 29, 2010 07:41PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I would love to know who did it, but I guess it makes a mockery of how Mal and the other mods handle the site. Sorry to be a massive arse-kissing sycophant, but I feel that a good job is done here, and it's a shame that people really want to spend a large sum of money on such a small thing.

It's not obvious to me who it is, as I try to stay out of site politics and stuff. It's just a sad state of affairs that people are gonna try and bribe you guys out.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 29, 2010 09:53PM
Posted by: Nickv
mortal Schreef:
> A couple of weeks ago I was offered EU3000 (the
> annual running costs of this site) by a user here
> in exchange for banning another user on this site
> for life. Attractive as the offer is, and we do
> rely on donations to help keep afloat, I refused
> the offer on principle. The private message was
> unanswered. I will not be bought and if you read
> on another website that this has happened
> regarding a user that was recently banned from the
> site (for the third time) I state categorically
> that it has not and will not happen. Ever.
> It might be a benevolent oligarchy here and
> perhaps the moderators might be seen as intent on
> world domination but I, and my colleagues would
> not stoop so low. Just sayin'. :-)

I offer you €5 to post the PM.
Date: August 29, 2010 10:03PM
Posted by: msater
*gasp* Nick!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 29, 2010 10:15PM
Posted by: senninho
I say take the money, donate it to charity and ban the guy who asked for being so bloody short-sighted. It's a forum, for FSM's sake!

Date: August 29, 2010 10:16PM
Posted by: Morbid
If it was me that was to be banned, then take the money and we will split the difference! ;)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy