South Park censored by Comedy Central

Posted by Morbid 
South Park censored by Comedy Central
Date: April 23, 2010 12:47PM
Posted by: Morbid
From [tv.ign.com]

South Park Censored
UPDATED: Matt and Trey speak out on Comedy Central's audio alterations.
by Eric Goldman
LATEST IMAGES
View all 38 images

April 22, 2010 - Last night's South Park was certainly unusual for the show. Oh, sure, we've heard bleeps before on the series, but it is usually for curse words. Last night though, the series instead bleeped out a name – Muhammad. Or to be specific, "Prophet Muhammad."

Last week's episode, "200", featured a plot point where Muhammad appeared, but wore a bear costume the entire time. This was South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker clear satirical take on the fear of portraying Muhammad at all in recent years, after Danish comic strip depictions led to a huge outcry. They'd actually previously acknowledged the issue in the "Cartoon Wars" two-parter a couple of years ago, in a storyline about Family Guy deciding to show Muhammad, and the controversy that causes. The subject is especially notable to Stone and Parker, as they depicted Muhammad, with no controversy, in the "Super Best Friends" episode nine years ago – but that episode debuted just two months before September 11th, and clearly things changed after that.

After "200" aired last week, a US-based website named RevolutionMuslim.com wrote, "We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them." Van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004, for a film about the treatment of Muslim women.

In the wake of that statement, when this week's "201" aired, Muhammad was now covered by a large black "censored" block and not seen at all – but even more bizarre was that every time the name was said, it was bleeped out. Comedy Central has now confirmed this was their call, not Matt and Trey's.

"201" is not available online at SouthParkStudios.com. Instead there is a message, which appears to be from Matt and Trey, reading, "After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, comedy central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show."

Update: Matt and Trey have now released a longer statement at SouthParkStudios.com.

It reads: "In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: South Park censored by Comedy Central
Date: April 23, 2010 12:55PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
RevolutionMuslim.com suffered a DoS attack shortly afterwards.

And @#$%& it, here is Mohammed.

Yeah. I went there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 23, 2010 12:56PM
You are gonna get bombed now, or sued by Comedy Central... which ever is worse ;-)

Date: April 23, 2010 01:02PM
According to South Park, Mohammed can shoot fire out of his hands (see the original episode featuring the Super Best Friends). They should be f**king happy! That is badass to f**k! What can Jesus do? He builds stuff and gets nailed to a cross!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 23, 2010 02:03PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I love that they're standing up for common sense, but I hate that they'd have to deal with such threats. Remember back when you were in school, and it was a big deal to speak badly of someone and then hear that they hated you for it? or something similar? Imagine it ramped up to a threat by essentially the same group that did what they did to NY, and then having the world's media know about it. It wouldn't be a comfortable feeling
Date: April 23, 2010 02:04PM
Jesus is a commando that can do martial arts and reincarnates if killed. He is a badass too, especially when his good friend Santa is being tortured in Baghdad by Saddams goons.

Date: April 23, 2010 02:06PM
Jesus does not get reincarnated! Easter celebrates the anniversary of Chuck Norris bringing Jesus back from the dead!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 23, 2010 02:23PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jesus does not get reincarnated! Easter celebrates
> the anniversary of Chuck Norris bringing Jesus
> back from the dead!

Hahaha ;)
But really, muslims have no sense of humour whatsoever.
If they're offended by a cartoon, they shouldn't watch it.
What are they doing watching infidel TV and reading infidel websites anyway?
Seems it's okay to march in London with "death to all infidels" banners, yet saying Mohammed on a cartoon isn't...
Date: April 23, 2010 02:35PM
I probably should have used the word "resurrects", to avoid some confusion. You are thinking of season 11, episode 5: "Fantastic Easter Special". Your reference is correct.

However... in season 6, episode 17: "Red Sleigh Down", Santa is captured and tortured in Baghdad by Saddams goons. A rescue mission is lead by Jesus. When captured on a roof by two armed soldiers, Jesus says: "My children, you should know something." *Draws a wrist blade* "I am packing!" Jesus then stabs one soldier in the neck, and while he dangles in the air, Jesus draws a silenced pistol and shoots the other guard several times. Later during the rescue mission, Jesus shoots two other guards that are force feeding Santa with oil. Unfortunately Jesus is shot in the back and dies, while they are making their escape.

Thus he has to resurrect to appear as a mortal (to be killed again) in "Fantastic Easter Special".

Date: April 24, 2010 04:37AM
Posted by: Guimengo
DaveEllis Wrote:
> RevolutionMuslim.com suffered a DoS attack shortly
> afterwards.
>
> And @#$%& it, here is Mohammed.
>
>
>
> Yeah. I went there.

Why is he wearing a dress?

Yeah, I went there too but took a left turn.
Date: April 24, 2010 09:35AM
Morbid, I was more referring to the 'real' (term used loosely) Jesus than the South Park representation. Although the South Park rep. does have his own TV show, Jesus and Pals.

Gui, are you saying that Mohammed is a cross dresser? Bitch, you gettin' bombed.

Did you know Mohammed was a Paedophile? It's true! Look it up!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 24, 2010 12:37PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Morbid, I was more referring to the 'real' (term
> used loosely) Jesus than the South Park
> representation. Although the South Park rep. does
> have his own TV show, Jesus and Pals.

LoL! In hindsight, I didn't have a clue regarding what you talked about, and it seems, just went on auto-interpretation. I should be a modern art critic.

Date: April 24, 2010 01:06PM
           ▂▃▅▅▅▃▂     ▲◢◤▀◥◣▃ ▍◢◤
       ▂▅▓▓▅██████▇▅◢██▀   〓 ★ 〓
      ◢▓▓▅███■▀████▓▓█◤    ◢◤ ▍◥◣
    ◢▓▓▆███▀▐ ▊▀▓▀█▓  ▓▲
   ◢▓▓▆██▀ ▼▍▍▲▌▐▓◥█▓▓██◣
 ▃ ▓▆███▓ ▍▎▌▍▍▼▍▌▓ █████▅
▐█▓█████▃▼▌▐ ▐ ▌▍▼ ◢█████▓█◣
█▊■██████◣▓ ▌▍▲◥◤ ▅██████▓█▊
◥■ ████████▅▼▀▃▆███████▓▓▼
◢█▲▓████████▆█▀▓▓▓█■▀▓▓▓█▅
███▓▓▀██■▀    ▀■▓▓█▓▓▓▓███
▐██◣▓▓■▀   ▍▎     ▀■▓▓▓▓█■▀
 ▀■◢▅▂▅▃ ▐ ▍ ▃▅▂▃▅ ▼◢▓██◤
    ▌ ▀█■▆▓▓▇■█■▀  ▲█▀
    ▲▀▓◣▀ ◢▍ ▐◣▀ ◢〓◤ ◢■▀
    ◢▓█◣ ◥〓▌ ▐◥〓◤  ▃▓◢▉
  ▐▓█▓◣  ◢▍  ▂◣   ◢▓███▋
   ███▓▓ ▐◣▃▅█▅  ▃▓████
   ▼██▆▇█▅ ▀██▅▓▓▓████
   ▀███■▀   ◥▌▀■▇█■▀
    ███▀▓▓〓▃〓▓▓▀■▀
    ▀■▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓〓▀
        ▀■▓▓〓▀

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 24, 2010 01:07PM
Anyway, why all this bother with religion? We should just worship Thor and be done with it. Or Chuck Norris. I have a feeling they are the same person.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 26, 2010 01:35PM
[rawstory.com]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 26, 2010 02:31PM
[www.wired.com]

Date: April 26, 2010 03:59PM
I watched the episodes last night and they were sooo funny. They make fun of Vishnu, Jesus, and Buddha. Buddha is actually seen doing coke a couple of times! It was really good.
Date: April 27, 2010 09:17AM
From the Simpsons in the US this week.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 28, 2010 03:11AM
That is awesome!
Date: May 04, 2010 06:49PM
The Nissan Pathfinder filled with fireworks, explosives, and gasoline that was abandoned in NY was left by the Viacom offices, the owner of Comedy Central.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy