a long, long time ago...(hope you don't mind Vader)

Posted by n00binio 
a long, long time ago...(hope you don't mind Vader)
Date: March 30, 2010 01:34AM
Posted by: n00binio
when lord vader mentioned "blue whale" in the "rant" thread i felt the urge to read some of the very old threads. i want to share two important results of my inquiry:

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Re: a long, long time ago...(hope you don't mind Vader)
Date: March 30, 2010 02:45AM
Posted by: danm
Jesus christ that whale looks friggen EVIL!

(Looks like he is harpooned too, LOL)

Reminds me of the snake slide at the Wyndham Safari Disney Hotel in Orlando, Florida.

Stupid snake tube slide into the pool, at the end, where the snake head was and you slide out, had a long rubber tongue. Silly me, I use to try and slap it on my way down. Turns out it was reinforced with metal wires that were poking at the edges. Razored my hands like a shredder.

Never trust animals that look fun and inviting.

Ever.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Vader looks like fun and somewhat inviting....erm, on second thoughts......I think I should back away from the keyboard now before I put my foot in it. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
danm schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jesus christ that whale looks friggen EVIL!
>
> (Looks like he is harpooned too, LOL)
>
> Reminds me of the snake slide at the Wyndham
> Safari Disney Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
>
> Stupid snake tube slide into the pool, at the end,
> where the snake head was and you slide out, had a
> long rubber tongue. Silly me, I use to try and
> slap it on my way down. Turns out it was
> reinforced with metal wires that were poking at
> the edges. Razored my hands like a shredder.
>
> Never trust animals that look fun and inviting.
>
> Ever.

i already heard about lost theeth and broken bones because of dangerous slides but that sounds really even more painful :(

and libelous, frankly. Particularly in the states!

[EDIT] Libelous is the wrong word. mmmm, maybe litigable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 11:29AM by MikaHalpinen.
Date: March 31, 2010 01:30AM
Posted by: Vader
The REAL blue whale's tongue thread was in what - 2001? It's older than this (or the previous) incarnation of the board and it dates back to a time without mods, tags, avatars and author's rights.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
jup, sadly the original blue whale got lost in a site crash in 2001. the whale i posted is the best i could find.
i laughed a lot when reading the old posts (~2002), the good old days were awesome. but one question remains: what was the original blue whale's tongue thread about? there are plenty of references but no explanation...

Date: March 31, 2010 10:13AM
The original blue whale tongue thread was about ... a blue whale tongue - that it has the weight of an African elephant. And that the heart has the size of a VW Beetle. And that rats can live longer without water than camels. And something about jellyfish ... actually all just very random.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
random posts are the best

Date: March 31, 2010 04:06PM
At that time posting in a thread didn't bring it back up - everything inevitably drifted towards the oblivion of "2nd page". To have a thread with lots of posts it had to grow fast before it dropped over the edge. Yup, the world was a disk back then. And now I wait for LS. to come and say "I remember when this all was fields ...".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
well, at least that system prevented necrobumping. it's also a decent april fool's joke...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy