Comp stuck in infinite loop :-(

Posted by mortal 
Comp stuck in infinite loop :-(
Date: March 24, 2010 05:23AM
Posted by: mortal
First up, it crashed with a bsod as I was exporting from csm. It retsarted, then the same screen flashed up, no time to read it, before it restarted...ad infinitum. So, insert the vista recovery cd, no fix there. So using bootrec etc. from the command line, rebuilt the boot files. Fine, reboot and no go, non system disk error. OK then, I removed the drive, (sata) into another comp, backed up my files and then put back into the other comp. Used BartsPE disk and formatted the drive. All good so far.
Insert Vista disk, hmm, wont boot. Into CMOS, changed order to CD-HDD-CD. Works, I'm in! Install seems to be going just fine and dandy.....reboots for the install, hangs on press any key to boot from cd. Now I really dont want to do that, so I wait, wait, and wait a bit more. Nada! Remove the cd and reboot into CMOS, change the boot order to HDD-CD-CD, save and exit and she boots.....to non system disk. Hmmm, ok, looks like Vista didn't write the boot sector. Re-insert the Vista disk, re-boot, can't access the disk, wont boot up, any key does nothing. Back to CMOS, change the order back to CD-HDD, back into the Vista disk on any key just fine. Load recovery, from command line run bcdedit/ boot files are there...so i delete the default anyway and rebuild, just to be on the safe side, results are the same on reboot, non system disk. Right now there is only one HDD sata (0) and one dvd sata (1) I have swapped the cables, checked the connections, re-seated the ram, removed the graphics cards and set the cmos to the onboard graphics. USB keyboard is enabled in the cmos as well. There's something in the cmos about raid but I dont think I need it. The whole thing is driving me nuts anyway, and if I cant stop the install loop it will...shock horror, have to go into town. :-/ I've done a ton of researchy on this but nothing seems to work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Comp stuck in infinite loop :-(
Date: March 24, 2010 07:25AM
Posted by: auscain
C:\Windows\System32\diskmgmt.msc.
Date: March 24, 2010 07:47AM
Posted by: auscain
Can you just put the disk in the other machine and use disk management? Or take the Disk outside and blow it to smithereenshot
Date: March 24, 2010 10:41AM
Posted by: mortal
I've given up on it for now. It's been formatted and ready to go into town. Got some work to do instead. I might even put linux on it if I can, maybe on the weekend I'll get around to it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy