20 years ago

Posted by n00binio 
20 years ago
Date: November 10, 2009 12:56AM
Posted by: n00binio
still moving

&feature=fvw">
&feature=fvw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Re: 20 years ago
Date: November 10, 2009 07:19AM
Posted by: mortal
It was twenty years ago today...when Sgt Pepper taught the band to play...

But yes, I agree, there has been some good doco's on telly lately about the wall and the escape attempts, and there's one one tonight too.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 10, 2009 09:38AM
Posted by: Anonymous User

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: November 11, 2009 12:02AM
Posted by: EC83
Awesome to think it's now 20 years since the day the Cold War effectively ended.

Date: November 11, 2009 01:24AM
Posted by: chet
Reagan smash!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 11, 2009 01:46AM
Posted by: EC83
Reagan sleepy.

Date: November 12, 2009 09:56PM
Posted by: Vader
Reagan Youth -->

I know exactly where I was when it happened. I lived in the west (and still do) I was driving home from a friend's place. Since my casette player (we had those in the 80s) didn't work I had the radio on. Then I heard the news and my first thought was "Oh sod it!"

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 13, 2009 10:20PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reagan Youth -->
>

>
> I know exactly where I was when it happened. I
> lived in the west (and still do) I was driving
> home from a friend's place. Since my casette
> player (we had those in the 80s) didn't work I had
> the radio on. Then I heard the news and my first
> thought was "Oh sod it!"

Why did you think "Oh sod it", Vader?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: November 14, 2009 12:04AM
Posted by: Vader
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why did you think "Oh sod it", Vader?

Because I knew that the "reunification" would happen rather soon since I was sure the reigning CDU would not let this chance pass. I immidiately feared this scenario would throw us back economically and politically (and even a dumbass like LaFontaine could see that back then though I disapprove of him and his current politics in almost every respect.)

Without "die Wende" in 1990 I'm pretty sure the CDU and Kohl wouldn't have won elections twice and subsequently governed this country for another 8 years. It would have been wiser to first form some sort of confederation and get things sorted politically and economically before thinking about a "reunification". It might have prevented some of those jobless and futureless losers of "the change" from turning into neo nazis and blame foreigners for their misery.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy