Office 2003 problem

Posted by turkey_machine 
Office 2003 problem
Date: November 11, 2009 03:08PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I got tasked with solving a problem with Office 2003 on my parents computer. XP, Office 2003, latest updates from Windows Update.

"Microsoft Office Word is not installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

I've done a re-install of Office, and that hasn't solved it. I've changed a few things related to several forum posts I've found: registry entries, file versions, restored original files for the supposed problem files, and nothing seems to work. I'm running out of ideas here.

Anybody recently had this problem? Can you suggest anything that fixes the issue? This is a genuine Office install, and I'm plain fecked off with Microsoft for breaking things for legit users. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Re: Office 2003 problem
Date: November 11, 2009 04:11PM
Posted by: villej
Have you tried this? [www.raymond.cc]

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: November 11, 2009 11:27PM
Yep.

Got tasked with a complete uninstall and re-install, taking up valuable time I should be using to put hours in at Seetec. Nice to know my parents have priorities.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: November 12, 2009 12:19AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
If you've tried what villej offered (and I mean tried it, not just what your parents 'tasked' you) then the problem will be solved, you can thank villej for his time, and you can resolve your issues with parents vs. Seetec elsewhere
Date: November 12, 2009 12:57AM
I said "yep", which in most circles indicates "yes, I have tried what villej offered". Drop the sarcy and offer something else which could help.

Has no-one here had this issue?

Date: November 12, 2009 02:46AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
try it again then
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy