Epic failure

Posted by abdelkader 
Epic failure
Date: August 17, 2009 12:55AM
Posted by: abdelkader
Only bad words come to my mind when I'm to describe my gamepad reparation process which I carried out myself. My small steering wheel on the gamepad started to be inaccurate so I decided to do something about it.

In order to get access to the wheel device I removed the screws, removed the PCB...and then all the buttons of the gamepad came off. I couldn't get them back on their places as the wires connecting the force feedback motors to the PCB were quite short ones which drastically limited the movement of my fingers...so I cut them off as I had never used force feedback and never felt like using it in the future. I managed to repair the wheel device by removing a small spring which caused inaccuracy. Then, some connectors got ripped off which made all the buttons but one unavailable.

Now I can only switch between analog/digital modes, use the wheel device and only one button. All the rest got (kittens) including the analog knobs.

This is my warning. DON'T DO THINGS YOU CAN'T DO OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE ME ;) I Feel like a (person with no vocabulary skills, naughty words removed) now. Luckily, I have got a spare gamepad, with no wheel device, but definitely working fine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 04:16AM by mortal.
Re: Epic failure
Date: August 17, 2009 01:56AM
Posted by: mika19b
Live and learn ;)
Date: August 17, 2009 02:34AM
Yeah. That seems to be the only way.

By the way, I have just (tsk tsk naughty word) the gamepad. It's still (another naughty word) but not to the extent it was (more) some 2 hours ago. :P Some buttons needed readjusting and they work quite fine. Anyway, all the basic buttons and functions work fine so the pad is still a usable thing :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 04:15AM by mortal.
Date: August 17, 2009 03:40AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I have just (tsk tsk naughty word) the gamepad. It's still (another naughty word) but not to the extent it was (more) some 2 hours ago

Awesomely worded mate ;)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 04:14AM by mortal.
Date: August 17, 2009 11:37AM
:) As I said. These were the only words which came to my mind while thinking about the whole situation.

By the way, I censored my post myself putting stars instead of the letters. I left out only the first and the last letter of this bad word so that everyone knew what word I used but it was censored anyway. Our moderators do not sleep :). Cheers to all of you.

Date: August 17, 2009 11:59AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 17, 2009 04:30PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Jaysus, looks like you were busy here mortal... ;)
Date: August 17, 2009 05:37PM
Posted by: n00binio
haha :)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy