Vista issue, please help

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
Vista issue, please help
Date: July 22, 2009 09:42PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Guys I keep getting this issue at random times like opening up 'My Computer'. I cant even send files over yahoo messenger which im sure is down to this as once the error popped up when i was trying to send a file over MSN which failed.what is the issue!?!

Thanks

Re: Vista issue, please help
Date: July 23, 2009 12:46AM
Posted by: Naboo
Some registry F$*k up probably, other than that I have no clue on a solution.

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: July 23, 2009 01:28AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Naboo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some registry F$*k up probably, other than that I
> have no clue on a solution.

Basing my treatment on this clearly brilliant diagnosis, I recommend defraggling your motherdisk.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 23, 2009 05:22PM
Posted by: Naboo
Defragging just moves files into places closer together to speed your computer up a bit, it may not be much help in this situation.

i might be completly wrong in that though :/

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 05:23PM by Naboo.
Date: July 23, 2009 07:22PM
Naboo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i might be completly wrong in that though :/

How to defraggle the motherdisk

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 23, 2009 07:44PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
lmao!
Im just updating and using ccleaner atm. Next Im going to degfrag the hdd. (Not Dave's way ;) )

Date: July 24, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: gav
Defrag won't so jack. It's not a tool to fix things, only to speed up hard drives.

Frankly this could literally by anything at all. Rundll32, as the name suggests, is a process which in the basic sense runs .dll files - 32-bit .dll files. Given that 80% of the system files on your PC will probably be .dll files you're pretty much screwed. It might not be the rundll32.exe file that's causing the problem - it might only be falling over due to a poorly coded or corrupt system file, which is why problems like this can be a nightmare to diagnose.

Your best hope is that you have a virus. You know you've got a horribly generic problem when the best case is a virus.

In order:

- Update virus definitions and do a full scan.
- Right click on every hard drive under My Computer (if you can access it at all - if not use Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management) go to Tools, select Check Now, tick the Automatically fix file system errors box and hit Start. It will likely ask you if you want to do it at the next start up as files are open, so do that and restart.
- Go and make a cuppa.
- Insert your Windows installation CD, go to Start > Run and type sfc /scannow - this will search for corrupt or non-signed system files and replace them.

Cross your fingers that this fixes it. If it doesn't, just give up and use that backup I keep banging on about. ;-)

If not... well it's about time you had a nice clean Windows installation, isn't it?
Date: July 24, 2009 12:32PM
Posted by: The Lopper
You know it's serious when gav is basically advising you to go back to pen and paper...

Back to defraggling the muthadisk, I've got that weird fancy CD thing out of the computer, will Cillit Bang do or does it have to be Ajax?
Date: July 24, 2009 02:00PM
BANG and the dirt is gone!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy