Wireless ADSL router and dongle recommendations

Posted by turkey_machine 
So I'm on the lookout for a wireless ADSL router and a USB stick thingy that gives wireless access. The stick isn't for me, it's for my idiot brother who destroyed his thinking it was that causing problems with wireless access. It's not, it's the Belkin router that's blatantly not up to it.

I've looked at the Netgear DG834G as a viable ADSL router, as I've had good experience with the WGR614v9 cable router, and I have a feeling it'd need pairing with a Netgear dongle to be compatible without issues.

Thoughts? :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Re: Wireless ADSL router and dongle recommendations
Date: June 26, 2009 12:12AM
Posted by: Willb
FAIL ?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 12:13AM by Willb.
Willb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FAIL ?

I've not read many bad things about the router, but I'm a bit tight at the moment, as I'm lacking in the money department. Ordinarily I'd stretch to a Linksys or Draytek, but I don't know what's good for them as opposed to them.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy